Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel Lane

Options
  • 31-05-2008 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

So seen as the last thread turned into a battlefield and got closed..
    just wondering has this place opened yet??? and if so has anyone been there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I helped install the tv system for the place, no expense spared, it was due for opening thurs just gone but not sure if it has or not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 raspberryroad

the new club is amazing, so much time ,effort and money has gone into the place.They have some old staff back ( managers,dj`s and bouncers) but their door policy is much better.The design was built around B.E.D a club in the manhatten, the name was chosen by the owners kids so that`s why its a little corney but i think its going to be great for limerick and best of luck to them

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Opening next weekend.

A slight legal hold up due to some neighbours not wanting competition in the area!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

the new club is amazing, so much time ,effort and money has gone into the place.They have some old staff back ( managers,dj`s and bouncers) but their door policy is much better.The design was built around B.E.D a club in the manhatten, the name was chosen by the owners kids so that`s why its a little corney but i think its going to be great for limerick and best of luck to them

first post - do i smell advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Opening next weekend.

A slight legal hold up due to some neighbours not wanting competition in the area!!!!!!

Maybe if they put as much effort into improving their own places rarther than complaining about competition they wouldn't have to be so worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I smell advertising from that 1st post:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

elmolesto wrote: »
    I smell advertising from that 1st post:mad:

(IMO) there is nothing wrong with a bit of advertising. And no I don't work in the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

(IMO) there is nothing wrong with a bit of advertising. And no I don't work in the club.

Then, you should read the forum charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

a bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone, looking forward to having a bit more variety in town, well for when I do go out! LOL

first post - do i smell advertising?

does that matter?

Just wondering is all?

If its someone working there, might be just giving their 2 cents on how nice it looks etc..

Just my opinion though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

so is it opening this weekend?

dunno.

havent heard anything...

so is it opening this weekend?

Supposedly it is, but then it was meant to open the previous two weekends.

another saturday night in d'icon it is then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

anyone hear anythinG? i take it has not opened yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DannyAngellane

Hey Guys,

We are finally open this Thursday!!! thanks to all those who wished us good luck, alot of rumours flying about not all true and some are just absurd, but you will get to see for yourself this week.

excellent and im on call this week so no going out for me.... i had to indure icon again last saturday night :(

Hey Guys,

We are finally open this Thursday!!! thanks to all those who wished us good luck, alot of rumours flying about not all true and some are just absurd, but you will get to see for yourself this week.

didnt hear any rumours, see ye have the website but under construction, cant wait to see what it looks like, is it totally different to before?

Hey Guys,

So there wasn't a ghost tearing up the floor boards then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

whats the music gonna be like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

Stab*City wrote: »
    whats the music gonna be like?

Awful ****e altogether. I know I may be biased as I despise going out to clubs and run gigs in Bakers from time to time but i really don't see how this can possibly compete with trinity rooms? I despair sometimes here at the complete control Trinity Rooms has over the media and advertising in the city (you try getting a piece into a paper when Trooms are running *anything* the same week or try to do the same flypostering techniques they can pull off with seemingly no consequence) but have to admit they run a nice club.

People going there may be tossers but they get decent acts (I abhor the house DJs though) and esp so in recent months with Dan Le Sac, Hot Chip, Utah Saints and the Brasilintime show. Recently the new Cornmarket & Bakers have been aiming for the off kilter dance/electronic acts which has worked pretty well I think so i don't really know what kind of market this angel lane are aiming for to be honest...

What I want for Limerick is a FWD>> but that'll never happen. (btw, I judge clubs on the quality of the acts they get in to play, NOT the house djs which i couldn't care less about. i don't care for the "going out" side of things either, I'm a hardcore music fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Good luck with club, you`ll always have weird rumours!!!

So does anyone know what the music is gonna be like? I think Trinity rooms go for a good mix of music which is good in fairness because dance music dos`nt work week in week out and having just a disco every week is boring too.
    Limerick is a small place after all and most people don`t give a **** about the music.

People are like sheep anyway and 20% of the people will be there for the music and 80% of people will be there because they heard its the place to be.
    People will go if they feel their missing out on something if they don`t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Good luck with club, you`ll always have weird rumours!!!

So does anyone know what the music is gonna be like? I think Trinity rooms go for a good mix of music which is good in fairness because dance music dos`nt work week in week out and having just a disco every week is boring too.
    Limerick is a small place after all and most people don`t give a **** about the music.

People are like sheep anyway and 20% of the people will be there for the music and 80% of people will be there because they heard its the place to be.
    People will go if they feel their missing out on something if they don`t.

well said you bad boy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i just drove by the joint on the way home from the movies (incredible hulk, very good) and the place is definately open, gonna check it out over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I also drove past last night, it looked quit and I don't think I have seen any of the door staff before. Best of luck with the club and I hope you bring back the 80's night. (I would do it for free I love the 80's music that much :) )

Congratulations on the Opening!!!!!!!!!!

Heard its lovely in there cant wait to see it!

I suspect it looked quiet enough cause it was a Thurs opening night and most people have work the morning after.

Never thought to drive past to have a look! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Stab*City
    blue_star_2.gif

Adverts | Friends

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zuroph viewpost.gif
    Not all bouncers though. I find some very courteous and helpful. but outside Icon last week, 2 of my friends were stopped because "your shoes are too cool lads". .......................

i rather have cool kicks than get in the icon anyday.. bet they looked cool walking away though!!

this was on the other thread. i was there that night. it was super funny. we still laugh about now and again.

fingers crossed AngelLane is awesome. i HATE icon and trinnity tends to deviate between good and bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Was in there Thursday and have to say I'm really impressed. Kind of like Tripod only better and not as cheap and nasty.

Liked the quiet room at the top, good to have somewhere you can talk away with some low tunes in the background.

There's a few of the staff that seem very familiar from the Market days:pac::pac:

Class place. Just don't go getting pretentious like Trooms and Icon with the "shoes" crap. As long as someone isn't wearing just socks or in their bare feet then there shouldn't be an issue, and there didn't seem to be Thursday.

I've definitely left my Trinity Rooms days behind:D:D This place makes it look like a right HOLE.

Was in there Friday and to be honest its nothing special, cleaner than the other niteclubs around but its new so to be expected. I did like the smoke room but how can it be legal, its practically an enclosed space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I was in there last, and I must say is a big improvement on Trinity Rooms and Icon. The music was good, and there's plenty of places to go for a chat instead of having the music banging in your ear all night. I couldn't find anything wrong with the place. The staff were nice and friendly, as were the bouncers.

Thumbs up from me. :D

Advertisement