Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel Lane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Baldie wrote: »
    I was in there last, and I must say is a big improvement on Trinity Rooms and Icon. The music was good, and there's plenty of places to go for a chat instead of having the music banging in your ear all night. I couldn't find anything wrong with the place. The staff were nice and friendly, as were the bouncers.

Thumbs up from me. :D

Thanks for the review, I'll have to go and see for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Went in on Saturday and was impressed with it. The music was not what I would listen to myself, but I knew that going in so it is not a complaint.

I liked the layout and liked the service in there and the sound system was good.

All in all it gets two thumbs up, nice to see a bit of competition in town anyway. I hope it does well and also hope it forces a few other clubs in town to up their game also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What sort of music are they playing in there lads? Might check it out this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

DarkJager wrote: »
    What sort of music are they playing in there lads? Might check it out this weekend

Chart with a few oldies and alternative thrown in, in the main part anyway.

Kess73 wrote: »

and liked the service in there
    Trying to get a drink in either of the two upstairs bars was a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Roadend wrote: »
    Chart with a few oldies and alternative thrown in, in the main part anyway.

I was hoping it wouldn't be an imitation of the other clubs we already have...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I was hoping it wouldn't be an imitation of the other clubs we already have...

There's at least 2 if not 3 different DJs at any one time. Quiet stuff up top. Loud stuff down the bottom and in between in the mezanine

ninty9er wrote: »
    There's at least 2 if not 3 different DJs at any one time. Quiet stuff up top. Loud stuff down the bottom and in between in the mezanine

Suppose I will have to see it first hand to really see what the place is about. Any sign of some good dance or trance being played in there? Its pretty patethic if this place is just Icon Mark 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Trying to get a drink in either of the two upstairs bars was a nightmare.

absolutely, they'll have to bring in more bar staff, it was a nightmare. pretty impressed with the place overall though. the bar itself shutting exactly at 2am was a surprise though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

yea I really liked the place, dont think ill go there on a saturday night again though, probably friday. Small bit too old and if theres one thing I hate is waiting ages at a bar, and I spent most my night doing that on saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i've heard good things about it.haven't gone myself yet i'll try go sometime next week..is it 21's?

zig wrote: »
    Small bit too old
    I thought the opposite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DannyAngellane

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, we are well aware that the bar's were understaffed Saturday night, it wont happen again. For our first weekend we are pretty happy with everything. We intensionally did not do any advertising to give us a soft start or so we taught thats what led to us being caught out for bar staff Saturday. Music wise we are still finding our feet, we have some new DJ's this weekend so things dont get too repeditive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, we are well aware that the bar's were understaffed Saturday night, it wont happen again. For our first weekend we are pretty happy with everything. We intensionally did not do any advertising to give us a soft start or so we taught thats what led to us being caught out for bar staff Saturday. Music wise we are still finding our feet, we have some new DJ's this weekend so things dont get too repeditive.

Hi Danny, any sign of an 80's night? Even a 90's night would be great fun or better again 80's & 90's night (Don't think any club does this) I know Teds did an 80's night but (IMO) it was a bit s**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

I thought the opposite

sorry that was a typo, I meant IM a small bit too old

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

Is it 21s, ya? or 18s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

22Diamonds he already said earlier that it was going to be 21 or 25's. Still only 19, its a shame... Would have liked to check the place out too.

Was never in the market, knew to avoid it... is the place that big, would it be bigger than trinners?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Its definetly a 23's place yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i was hoping it would be 21's/23's but bumped into a bunch of 20 year olds i know in there on saturday, ive heard nothing official as regards their age policy but know for a fact that the manager of the joint was quoted as saying they're looking for a "premiun limerick crowd". make of that what you will.

Its definetly a 23's place yeah ?

21s when I went in. If they don't like the look/cut of you it may well become 23s very promptly.:D:D

• Advertisement

i was hoping it would be 21's/23's but bumped into a bunch of 20 year olds i know in there on saturday, ive heard nothing official as regards their age policy but know for a fact that the manager of the joint was quoted as saying they're looking for a "premiun limerick crowd". make of that what you will.

There was that in there Thursday along with the "preme-um Lim-riiik chrowd kiiiiiid"

TBH they'd want to be more picky if they're after a "premium" crowd. As long as they don't start the Trooms trick of charging "premium" drink prices they'll do just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give it a month or two when all the hype and novelty dies down, the over 21/23 policy will relax just like the other places. Trinity Rooms and Icon used to have a similar policy when they opened up. These days if you are 21 or 23 in those places you are considered very old.

As long as it doesn't turn into another Charlies type crowd....that place is just a creche with drink..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

As long as it doesn't turn into another Charlies type crowd....that place is just a creche with drink..
    +1 , that place is hopeless.

What exactly is a premium crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What exactly is a premium crowd?

I presume they mean Limerick's so called socialites, the Celia Holman-Lee wannabes and blazer wearing jocks with cocktails in their hands, as photgraphed everyweek on the Out and About section of the Limerick Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

bazz26 wrote: »
    I presume they mean Limerick's so called socialites, the Celia Holman-Lee wannabes and blazer wearing jocks with cocktails in their hands, as photgraphed everyweek on the Out and About section of the Limerick Post.

id rather be a pennieless bum than be classed in the above group....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

I walked by a club a last week with no name above the door, is this angel lane? Wasn't to far from Trinity rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

sharkDawg wrote: »
    I walked by a club a last week with no name above the door, is this angel lane? Wasn't to far from Trinity rooms.

That's the one, I also drove past lask week and there was no name above the door, I'm sure they will have it up soon. Might go down there Sat. night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

How come there's been nothing in any of the local papers regarding it opening?
    Are they giving it a few weeks trial run before announcing the offical opening or something?

Or have they stepped on a few toes and upset the "out and about" crowd?

Advertisement