Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel Lane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Sunn wrote: »
    join date..july 2008 and first post.

hmmmmmmmm.

your point being is? i can't see advertisement for the "other" club that charged her only a fiver. or is there one calles "The Other"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Went to Angel Lane on Fri night....

Very good first impression (good lighting and sound system); too small a dancefloor for the size of the place, though..... also trying a little too hard to be "cool" (music was well mixed but a lot of unrecognisable stuff in the mix obviously because the beat was suitable; having said that, some very good sequencing and mixing of a few of the commercial tracks, and even the supposedly "cool" stuff was nowhere near as off-the-wall as Aubars

I reckon that it should find it's own niche once the initial opening period is over, although the €15 is a bit steep.

Didn't wander round enough, obviously, because I didn't get to sample the music in the "other 3 areas".....pity, that!

Downside was queuing for 20 mins for a drink and change, and it got too packed around 1.....

If they sort out a few of those issues, it could be a VERY welcome alternative to the usual scene.....and looking forward to sampling the 80s night there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Was in there Sat Night just gone.

Went in at eleven, no que outside the door, walked in paid the €15 bucks (bit steep i thought) walked around to get my bearings.

Loads of different rooms, the largest of course downstairs. Quite an impressive smoking area, nearly totally enclosed. Visually the place looks great. The music and atmosphere were quiet good.

However, You could bearly turn around without bumping into something, It was about 4 person deep line around the whole bar, took at least 30mins to get a drink!

I would go again, but ill wait till the hype dies down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DannyAngellane

vkid wrote: »
    :D

Nightlife threads on here always end up with people who don't like the music,and those who love the music, don't like the bouncers, do like the bouncers, like the crowd, dont like the crowd, like the place, think its a **** hole....You have to sympathise with anyone trying to run a nightlcub. Their heads must be wrecked reading these kinds of threads.:D

Hi,

I have been reading over the entire thread and it seems that at least one person “vkid” knows what it’s like for us, yes our heads are wrecked reading this however it’s all useful feedback regardless of the weather it is good or bad. As far as the security letting in anything in a skirt regardless of age that’s completely untrue. This person said the girl in question was 16!! First of all that’s illegal and secondly even some of our own staff who are 18 – 20 are not left into the club, don’t take my word for it ask them. I noticed the very person that said it was himself stopped at the door and I can’t help but wonder if their might be an axe to grind there. I have personally seen a huge number of people turned away because they did not have I.D these people were often sober, well dressed, and polite of course sometimes they were none of the above.

Working front door security is not an exact science and to be fare you have to look at from our point of view, if we threw open the doors to anyone who looked over 21 without checking I.D it wouldn’t take a week before this thread would be full of comments saying the place is full of kids. It is very, very difficult to tell what age someone is just by looking at them. This is particularly true for the ladies, girls can put on the war paint and add or subtract years to themselves. As for the lads I personally used to regularly get asked for I.D until a few years ago, some people just look younger than they are, likewise some lads look older than they actually are. The only sure fire way of getting it right is to ask for I.D

All of the above being said at this stage our security staff are getting to know a lot of the faces so it is not necessary to ask everyone for I.D which in turn speeds up the queue. On occasion someone will get stopped for other reasons, anything from having too much to drink already to being known to one of the members of security, often from an incident elsewhere. We didn’t grow the security staff out the back, a lot of them have worked door’s all over Limerick and know who has been trouble in the past.

I want to be very clear, I am not saying we are never wrong or that there has never been a bad call made at the door. It happens and not just here it happens everywhere. Some places are more complacent than others about who they leave in, we realise we are a new club so we have to be very careful because obviously people will be very vigilant and very critical of a new club. More often than not you will find that if you are well presented, polite and have your I.D you will have no problems.

As regards the queues to get in, for the bar etc we are constantly trying to improve these things we took on more bar staff recently so they will take a little time to get into the swing of things and we also open additional cash desks at the front door during peak times to speed things up. Music wise we are always open to your comments again music is another area like security where no matter how you try you can’t please all the people all of the time that’s not to say we are not trying to. If you have any feedback good or bad please feel free to email me danny@angellane.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

cool this seems fair enough, if i was polite, hadent much to drink and had id but 20 years old would i get in? or is this just strictly 21s?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anybody know where to apply for a job on the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

As regards the queues to get in, for the bar etc we are constantly trying to improve these things we took on more bar staff recently so they will take a little time to get into the swing of things

makes for very interesting reading and i would have to say i agree with you 100% on the issues you have raised. Many of the staff were keeping a through watchful eye on everyone. I used to do security myself and as you say its very hard to judge.

Im also glad to see ye took on more bar staff as the waiting time for a drink has been the only gripe i have heard about the place so far, myself included.

I for one will be back anyway and good luck with the new venture, i hope it puts the rest to shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

Was in there last week, found €15 steep, especially given the queues at the bar. The club itself looks good from what I remember, very little resembelence of the old club, will have to go back again this week for a better look.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    cool this seems fair enough, if i was polite, hadent much to drink and had id but 20 years old would i get in? or is this just strictly 21s?

Even if all your friends are 21+ the answer will still be no...speaking from personal experience when 5 of us got in but one of the lads was refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Was in there last week, found €15 steep, especially given the queues at the bar. The club itself looks good from what I remember, very little resembelence of the old club, will have to go back again this week for a better look.

15 Euros is outrageous for a club with no big acts or djs! crazy price.....that will keep alot of people away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

15 Euros is outrageous for a club with no big acts or djs! crazy price.....that will keep alot of people away.

I do have to agree there. Unless you're going to charge pub prices inside, in which case it would be close to reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

€15 euro is crazy, especially at the moment with 2 other major clubs in competition, a threatened recession, and off licence sales eating into the nites out crowd. once the hype dies down i expect this price will come down, or there will be no problem with crowds at the bar anymore, they'll all be elsewhere. sure the club might be comfortable, so's my couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

From the queues to get in there the admission fee doesn't seem to be putting many people off fo now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I wouldn't have thought 15 was all that much for a club on a weekend, surely everywhere else in town is somewhat similarly priced?

What's the going rate for the Sinbin and Trinity Rooms on a Saturday?

15 for the Sinbin and I think its 12 for the Trinity Rooms not sure on that one though. 12 for Icon and 12 for Aubars also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

also trinity rooms have their membership thingy, so everyone should only be paying 10 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i started this thread and haven't gone yet :o waiting to go on a thursday night hoping it won't be as busy as fridays and saturdays if it is just going to wait till the hype dies down a bit..
    just wondering is it 15€ every night or just saturday night??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

€12 on fridays. not sure about thursdays or sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

€10 on a thurs and €10 on a sunday as well AFAIK

Roadend wrote: »
    15 for the Sinbin and I think its 12 for the Trinity Rooms not sure on that one though. 12 for Icon and 12 for Aubars also.

15 into the sinbin...what a joke.to hear some dj spin the latest top 40..for say a good 2-3 hrs and now with the changing laws ..kick out time will be 2AM.

I guess sheep follow sheep............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

15 into the sinbin...what a joke.to hear some dj spin the latest top 40..

Fair point, but I'd prefer the sinbin "top 40" to Aubar's "let's make sure no-one recognises anything" any day......

Where we going tonight? who cares....we`re sheep.

20061114_sheep.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

15 into the sinbin...what a joke.to hear some dj spin the latest top 40..for say a good 2-3 hrs and now with the changing laws ..kick out time will be 2AM.

I guess sheep follow sheep............

Sorry lads whats this about new kick out times??

Getting back to good ol limerick in september and dont want to have lost drinking time while i'm away

Really looking forward to checking out the new club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

..no more niteclubs on a sunday either, kicking out time 1 a.m. Rediculous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone got a link about the hour change for me cant find much on google

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

I think in Limerick it'll be pretty much the same as it always was (other than Sunday nights). The new law more affected places in Dublin that were able to stay open until 4:30 because they had a theatre licence as opposed to a nightclub licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

what??no more niteclubs on sundays?? is that true? i love going to the lodge on a sunday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

great night on friday night...mate got refused on saturday night for app being too drunk...but hey not going to bitch about it just bouncers doing there job...went up to icon...never seen the place so empty had one drink then we left..looks like its losing some amount of business..

Was in Aubars on Saturday and it was dead and I didn't get in there till nearly 1. I doubt they are losing their crowd to Angel Lane but they certainly are looking in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

Costello's is the only place worth going to. A fiver in the door and none of that top 40 nonsense. I loathe having to pay €15 in somewhere that's overcrowded and I then get fleeced for terrible drink. Only go to the "cool" spots when i'm forced by the crowd, which is thankfully a very rare occasion.

Advertisement