Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel Lane

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Funkstard wrote: »
    How is the over 21's working out? Not 21 until November but haven't been ID'd for a good while. Any plans to attract us students during the week when we return? All sounds promising so far though, especially with the rumours of Trooms closing down.

Hope the bouncers don't get antsy at a Dublin accent like what has happened a few times before..

Trooms WILL be closing as soon as the revised planning permission for the Opera Centre is approved. And that's not just hearsay!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

When Trinity rooms closes they should reopen Poldarks to cater for the regulars who'll need another place to go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

ninty9er wrote: »
    Trooms WILL be closing as soon as the revised planning permission for the Opera Centre is approved. And that's not just hearsay!

Dont believe that Trinity Rooms is closing. On the front of Todays Limerick Leader there is a story regarding how Trinity Rooms may hold up the development of the Opera Centre over a dispute surrounding the footpath outstde their main gate that will form part of the Centre. The owner of Trinity is quoted as saying that Trinity Rooms need this plot of land for the future of the club. If Trinity was closing as a result of the Opera Centre why would they stall the whole project?? Doesn't make sense. If they were closing and had reached an agreement with the Developers they would not stall the full development over a footpath. A hearing surrounding the footpath is taking place in the Castletroy Park Hotel in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

tommy249 wrote: »
    Dont believe that Trinity Rooms is closing.

I heard it from someone with an inside track on the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

tommy249 wrote: »
    If Trinity was closing as a result of the Opera Centre why would they stall the whole project?? Doesn't make sense.

Holding out for more cash maybe? Can't see how that piece of land affects their business that much. Only ever see it used a car park or the guy selling hot dogs. Terrible to see this project held up again imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ninty9er wrote: »
    I heard it from someone with an inside track on the issue.
    i've heard the opposite from an inside track....

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

vkid wrote: »
    Holding out for more cash maybe? Can't see how that piece of land affects their business that much. Only ever see it used a car park or the guy selling hot dogs. Terrible to see this project held up again imo.

Doesnt really make sense in my opinion. If you are to believe what you read on this thread Trinity Rooms is def closing but then when they start legal action for the plot of land people are saying that they are holding out for more money......... Bit of a contradiction IMO. If they are closing that means that they have already made a deal. Plus why would they have gone to court recently in Dublin to increase the capacity of the club to make it the biggest club capacity wise in Ireland?? Just doesnt add up in my opinion. Remeber a few months ago when all the stories were floating around (including on the Limerick page of Boards) that the Absolute Hotel was closing. Again we had people with "inside" information that the place was def closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

could be right. havent a clue myself but generally these things are down to money. Why did they have to go to court in Dublin to expand? I agree though with the amount of rumours, who really knows whats going on. I just wish the Opera Centre would start. Thats side of town is grim

Advertisement