Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah

Options
  • 31-05-2008 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Can boards please ban anyone who every time a thread about Ireland comes up write about how **** is.

Of course I'm banned from AH, but I take offense to people insulting where I'm from, with seemingly their reasons being
    1. Women aren't hot here....
    2. theres nothing to do(shut the **** up you lazy ****, and play some ****ing tennis) I bet these assholes were sitting inside today with the sun beaming
    3. ''the prices, they are so high'' so is your ****ing pay cheque douchebag. Go live in ****ing Libera if you wan't to buy stuff cheap
    4. scumbags----hahah these idiots think that Ireland has the worst and in some cases the only country with scumbags. I remember some idiot saying he loved France because of its relaxed atmosphere, has this dumbass ever lived in Paris, or even stayed in the place for more than 2 days? Much more rushed than here....its not all about eating flaming baguettes moron
    5. the healthcare---yeah like some nerd can't afford a hospital bill
    6. public transport--walk in tubby....its really not that bad anyway its just way too predictable

So yeah I'm sorry but After Hours pisses me off(the anti-irish ones) that is. I have no problem people saying well I feel ireland has gotten a bit stale. going to go try something else, and hopefully when I return i can love MY COUNTRY.

this rant was needed to clear my system.

Good night folks.

I ha
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

I like it here. Don't get me banned :p:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

2 down: 4 letter word, first letter F, last letter L. Rhymes with Pale.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

People go on rants, big whoop. If you don't like the thread or the forum pisses you off so much then don't read it. Seeing as you'd have to log out to read the forum you'd save yourself a lot of hassle by not reading after hours. Also please tell me why we should entertain feedback from someone who is perma banned from there for consistent trolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I would have said yes, but then I saw your location...there seemed to be a bit of disdain for your hometown. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Haha... I'll take that one on the chin steve, but only because I lolled.

estebancambias, I like the country, ever been to Dundawwwk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Everyone knows the irish love to slag everything, there wasn't a hope in hell in getting a mass crowd of patriots here. it's too much fun to take the piss. I love my country, but the best thing about it is that it doesn't take itself seriously at all :D

People go on rants, big whoop. If you don't like the thread or the forum pisses you off so much then don't read it. Seeing as you'd have to log out to read the forum you'd save yourself a lot of hassle by not reading after hours. Also please tell me why we should entertain feedback from someone who is perma banned from there for consistent trolling?

Oh I don't mind the odd rant......far from it, but when people go out to belittle where I'm from, it annoys me.

Meh some threads on AH interest me. For example the Roma thread was an interesting read, or even the midnight snack for that matter.

Your last question? Tell me why you shouldn't accept feedback?

Obviously you can't ban them for voicing their opinion, but everytime I see a thread about Ireland on AH its the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Can boards please ban anyone who every time a thread about Ireland comes up write about how **** is.

Of course I'm banned from AH, but I take offense to people insulting where I'm from, with seemingly their reasons being
    2. theres nothing to do(shut the **** up you lazy ****, and play some ****ing tennis) I bet these assholes were sitting inside today with the sun beaming
    3. ''the prices, they are so high'' so is your ****ing pay cheque douchebag. Go live in ****ing Libera if you wan't to buy stuff cheap
    4. scumbags----hahah these idiots think that Ireland has the worst and in some cases the only country with scumbags. I remember some idiot saying he loved France because of its relaxed atmosphere, has this dumbass ever lived in Paris, or even stayed in the place for more than 2 days? Much more rushed than here....its not all about eating flaming baguettes moron
    6. public transport--walk in tubby....its really not that bad anyway its just way too predictable

So yeah I'm sorry but After Hours pisses me off(the anti-irish ones) that is. I have no problem people saying well I feel ireland has gotten a bit stale. going to go try something else, and hopefully when I return i can love MY COUNTRY.

Good night folks.

I ha
    Firstly can I ask what you di to get banned from AH?

Anyways I agree with your first 3 points. (I think Irish women are pretty damn good in general! ;))

Scumbags - I've never seen anyone say that scumbags don't exist in other countries. There are probably scumbags in every country, but that doesn't mean we can't complain about the ones we're stuck with here. Scumbags pollute the human genepool so of course there's gonna be threads bashing them. Most people in AH have the right idea about 'em too tbh.

Health Service - well it is pretty shambolic. And not everyone can afford healthcare, as you seem to think. I'm lucky coz I have a medical card, but the cut-off point for it is rather low. A lot of people probably do struggle to pay for operations and stuff.

Overall I wouldn't describe AH as being particularly "anti-Irish". People in general just love complaining, and if there's nothing to complain about they invent problems. Hell I do it all the time! :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    Everyone knows the irish love to slag everything, there wasn't a hope in hell in getting a mass crowd of patriots here. it's too much fun to take the piss. I love my country, but the best thing about it is that it doesn't take itself seriously at all :D

Red I meant to say thanks for your PM a while back.
    So there is is...thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Red I meant to say thanks for your PM a while back.
    So there is is...thanks.

This is what i am here for ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Meh... We Irish love to complain. But you'll probably find its because we're all pretty fond of the country too. We have every right to moan about how its bein run by a bunch of muppets who think its ok to let people die on trollies/let hoodied youths run amok/*insert random liveline-esque twaddle here*.

Its what we do. If you don't like it, piss off to France...:p

Firstly can I ask what you di to get banned from AH?

Anyways I agree with your first 3 points. (I think Irish women are pretty damn good in general! ;))

Scumbags - I've never seen anyone say that scumbags don't exist in other countries. There are probably scumbags in every country, but that doesn't mean we can't complain about the ones we're stuck with here. Scumbags pollute the human genepool so of course there's gonna be threads bashing them. Most people in AH have the right idea about 'em too tbh.

Health Service - well it is pretty shambolic. And not everyone can afford healthcare, as you seem to think. I'm lucky coz I have a medical card, but the cut-off point for it is rather low. A lot of people probably do struggle to pay for operations and stuff.

Overall I wouldn't describe AH as being particularly "anti-Irish".

Ok I can accept the Healthcare and Transport. For a majort city Dublin is lacking in a top notch transport system but we can't get upset over these things, especially since there is something been done as we speak.

About the Healthcare, my problem is people tend to cite Sweden and Denmark as being so great but the WHO(I think, something like that) placed Ireland above these two in relation to Healthcare.

Remember I don't mind people faulting the country...I wish we had better infrastructure in Dublin city...but saying that other countries are better without any understanding of that country annoys me.

I must say I'm sort of happy be responses. I was expecting volatile feedback, so it brings me joy that I didn't(yet)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh I don't mind the odd rant......far from it, but when people go out to belittle where I'm from, it annoys me.

Meh some threads on AH interest me. For example the Roma thread was an interesting read, or even the midnight snack for that matter.

Your last question? Tell me why you shouldn't accept feedback?

Obviously you can't ban them for voicing their opinion, but everytime I see a thread about Ireland on AH its the same thing.
    So you want us to ban people because they annoy you. If we banned people because they annoyed someone the place would be pretty quiet. Why should we not accept feedback from you? Well because your contributions to the forum were mainly troublesome (hence the perma ban).

Don't get me wrong here I'll gladly listen to any feedback from anyone (that's why I'm reading this thread) but given the fact that your presence in after hours was so negative that it warranted a perma ban then I would understand a moderator not bothering to listen to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

God save the Queen.

Pretty good reason to be honest, but that was so long ago now. If you were a heroin addict and you recovered, you wouldn't bring up the faults of their heroin addiction after they have recovered, surely?

The title of this place is Feedback, right? So I'm just giving my feedback to a trend I see on Boards from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

...I wish we had better infrastructure in Dublin city...but saying that other countries are better without any understanding of that country annoys me.
    Do you have much understanding of the country outside of Dublin? Do you realise what sort of "infrastructure" we have here in the west?

Not everyone on Boards is from Dublin so I think that you should expect a lot more complainin' tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    God save the Queen.
    Down with that sort of thing!

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    God save the Queen.

Good one.

But I don't actually mean people have to care in that sort of way. Its not a Nationalist thing I'm talking about, just simply liking where you come from, and if not have a good exuse for not liking it.

For example, someone really likes good all year round weather, they move to a country which can meet their needs.

Have to say I agree with esteban on the original post! If you've got a problem with Ireland get the f*ck out of the country,stop moaning and do something about it! There's a Slovakian who works with me and all he does is give out about it,and I'm sick of it! He is here along with most eastern Europeans cause there want to earn money because it's not possible in their country,so be grateful that your been given the chance to earn what's considered a huge sum at home and keep your mouth shut!

It's a well known of fact that 31 out of the 32 counties are pretty shite.
    OP you should come to CORRRK BOIIIIII!!!! Daycent place, and shur everyone there's a LEGEND! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,434 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Good night folks.

I ha

So what you're effectively saying, is ban everyone who disagrees with you and isn't afraid to criticise...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Have to say I agree with esteban on the original post! If you've got a problem with Ireland get the f*ck out of the country,stop moaning and do something about it! There's a Slovakian who works with me and all he does is give out about it,and I'm sick of it! He is here along with most eastern Europeans cause there want to earn money because it's not possible in their country,so be grateful that your been given the chance to earn what's considered a huge sum at home and keep your mouth shut!

If you see the Africans who come here, they actually do assimiliate.

For example a Senegal couple live beside me, and the first thing I said to them was..''the weather is fairly ****''....the guy replies...''eh, i don't mind the rain''

Then on the FA Cup final day he strolled in with chicken wings and BBQ burgers....a top lad.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    So what you're effectively saying, is ban everyone who disagrees with you and isn't afraid to criticise...?

''Isn't afraid to criticise''.....this isn't Germany circa 1939.

I'm saying criticise to your little hearts content if it brings you happiness, but please realise that the grass isn't always greener.

Plus criticising brings progress in some cases, so if you have the right reason then please do.

But more or less that is exactly what I'm saying. LIKE IT or LUMP IT. I'm sure there are plenty who would actually want to move to this country willing to replace you(general)

Don't get me wrong I agree with him to a certain degree on that point but telling us to ban people because they say that is just laughable.

I'm saying criticise to your little hearts content if it brings you happiness, but please realise that the grass isn't always greener.

No what you said is.

So you are saying ban people who disagree with you or annoy you.

Don't get me wrong I agree with him to a certain degree on that point but telling us to ban people because they say that is just laughable.
    Ok a bit extreme to be banning people! But there's way to much sh1t about the health system and transport on boards. Like,what's talking/moaning/bitching bout it here going to do?!....nothing! It's pointless and is aggrevating for people...and it's understandable!

I didn't mean it was the Mods obligation or Duty to ban them. This is what I would do, but luckily for some I am not in a position to enforce rules. I was giving Feedback as I say to what seems to be popping up every now and then.

But more or less that is exactly what I'm saying. LIKE IT or LUMP IT. I'm sure there are plenty who would actually want to move to this country willing to replace you(general)
    Ah come on, every country has it's problems. LIKE IT or LUMP IT is a way too simplistic approach to take.
    So a few people bitch about the Govt.and moan about scumbags etc. - that doesn't mean they'd love to emigrate to Scandanavia if they got a chance!

Most people love their country, but no-one loves everything about their country.

Fair point.

• Advertisement

Ok a bit extreme to be banning people! But there's way to much sh1t about the health system and transport on boards. Like,what's talking/moaning/bitching bout it here going to do?!....nothing! It's pointless and is aggrevating for people...and it's understandable!

Boards is like having a conversation with friends. People rant in real life they'll rant here. It's human nature.
    I didn't mean it was the Mods obligation or Duty to ban them. This is what I would do, but luckily for some I am not in a position to enforce rules. I was giving Feedback as I say to what seems to be popping up every now and then.

You said "Can boards please ban anyone who starts these threads" (I paraphrased a little there). That to me says you would like the rules to change so it sounds like you think it should be the mods duty to ban these people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement