Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

stevec wrote: »
    2 down: 4 letter word, first letter F, last letter L. Rhymes with Pale.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56099999&postcount=17

Fail at stealing jokes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah but he added to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,434 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ah come on, every country has it's problems. LIKE IT or LUMP IT is a way too simplistic approach to take.
    So a few people bitch about the Govt.and moan about scumbags etc. - that doesn't mean they'd love to emigrate to Scandanavia if they got a chance!

Some of us do - I'm moving to Berlin in two weeks in somewhere openminded and tolerant. And with a decent public trnasport system. (OP - I do walk, and I enjoy it, but sometimes it takes too long)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

seems like estebancambias is trying to turn feedback into AH..its getting close

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

cuppa wrote: »
    seems like estebancambias is trying to turn feedback into AH..its getting close

That's what it smells like.

Inmates lose their voting privileges in the Real World... never mind. I'll just wait for WWm to pop in and tear estecumface to pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Feedback has seriously jazzed up since half 7 last night... Fun fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

-Freebird- wrote: »
    Feedback has seriously jazzed up since half 7 last night... Fun fun

Yeah, we need phaeonton in here to spice things up. Nothing like baiting a weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Can boards please ban anyone who every time a thread about Ireland comes up write about how **** is.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Karoma wrote: »
    That's what it smells like.

Inmates lose their voting privileges in the Real World... never mind. I'll just wait for WWm to pop in and tear estecumface to pieces.
    :eek::eek:
    A well respected moderater insulting a lowly "registered user"? Well I never...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

stevec wrote: »
    2 down: 4 letter word, first letter F, last letter L. Rhymes with Pale.

That's twice today. :mad:

/Reaches for copyright lawyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ah but he added to it!

It was my joke in the first place AC. Zuchum and SteveC stole it and I want it back.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55932833&postcount=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Some of us do - I'm moving to Berlin in two weeks in somewhere openminded and tolerant. And with a decent public trnasport system. (OP - I do walk, and I enjoy it, but sometimes it takes too long)

Are you saying everyone in Berlin is openminded and tolerant?

If so, that is bull****.

Are you saying everyone in Berlin is openminded and tolerant?

If so, that is bull****.

Have you been?

LMAO so that is what you think.

Yeah and I have been.

So tell me what makers Berlin ''more'' tolerant and ''open-minded'' than where you currently live?

LMAO so that is what you think.

Yeah and I have been.

So tell me what makers Berlin ''more'' tolerant and ''open-minded'' than where you currently live?

1 - People in Berlin don't think I'm a freak because I don't like pubs.
    2 - People in Berlin DO more than just go to the pubs.
    3 - People in Berlin don't think I'm pervert pecause I paint naked women
    4 - People in Berlin don't think I should be banned from opening my mouth if I criticise the locla community.

And that's just off the top of my head....

Where and when were you in Berlin? What happened?

Have you been?

Ive been to Berlin. I thought it was nice except for all the rude, ignorant German fu*kers in the place.

4 - People in Berlin don't think I should be banned from opening my mouth if I criticise the locla community.

Ah give it six months and the germans will be saying, "i am looking at ze silly paddy who does not likes ze pubs. He is ze pervert woh criticises ze local volks"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've come to accept that AH is full of self-loathing begrudgers who spew hate and vitriol as much as possible.

There's a lot of good eggs don't get me wrong, but it seems to me the place is now populated with Kevin Myers types who try to find fault with everything.

Examples:

'What's with Romanians?' - cue some xenophobic/traveller bashing

'Do you believe in God?' - cue those who do being abused and vice versa.

'A scumbag stole my phone' - cue a debate/flame war on the state of society

'Should abortion be legalised' - cue a whole load of sh*t hitting the fan.

Honestly, the place has become a big turn-off for me. It's like the web version of the Joe Duffy show.

I have the utmost respect for the mods on that forum because it must be an absolute mindf*ck to deal with. I don't know how they cope with it. Probably via large amounts of booze I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I've come to accept that AH is full of self-loathing begrudgers who spew hate and vitriol as much as possible.
    It's like the web version of the Joe Duffy show.
    98%* accurate. Occasionally, it can be amusing and not everyone takes it seriously.
    I have the utmost respect for the mods on that forum because it must be an absolute mindf*ck to deal with. I don't know how they cope with it. Probably via large amounts of booze I imagine.
    Hmmm. You've seen Terry's School oh Coping literature?

AH is what you people make of it. If more people like you jump in, it'll change. The change should not come from moderation.

*% pulled straight from my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

There's a lot of good eggs don't get me wrong, but it seems to me the place is now populated with Kevin Myers types who try to find fault with everything.
    That's what makes it entertaining! :D If everyone agreed and got along, it would be a much duller place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Karoma wrote: »
    98%* accurate.

If the 2% don't like it, they probably need to chill and stop reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

the Irish are inherently pessimistic. We like to moan about our lot in life and why other people aren't doing anything to make our life better.

We show disdain for people who are optimistic and will talk about them behind their back like they are braggarts or show offs so of course the consensus is to always be pessimistic in public.

But then its understandable for this country to be pessimistic, we pretty much lose at everything that isn't localized, and when we do win we scoff at it like it wasn't worth winning anyway. We have a history of being the door mat for a lot of countries in europe to wipe their feet on. Heck the fact we are all reading and writing this in english and not irish is tantamount to this. Most of our famous literaries, playwrights and poets are famous for their dreary, sullen and negative works.

So trying to say it isn't normal for Irish people to run down everything about their country begs the question "What planet have you been living on where the Irish where ever optimistic about their life and country?"

And that's just off the top of my head....

Where and when were you in Berlin? What happened?

1. I don't drink. I have been in a pub once. I have plenty of freinds. They don't think I'm a freak. Maby you're too self-conscious?

2. People in Dublin(Capital) DO more than just go to pubs. In fact alcohol consumption is very high in Germany(and I presume Berlin is no exception) If you don't like the pub so much how about you move to Saudi Arabia?

3. Pretty general statement there pal. Every individual is unique, with likes, dislikes, loves and hatreds. Sounds pretty close-minded to think that everyone here is intolerant and close-minded.

4. I presume you are Irish. If you start complaining in your work place about how ****ty their city is, they will be quick to tell the immigrant paddy to ship out.

Anyway so much for German tolerance, don't they hate the turks?

1. I don't drink. I have been in a pub once. I have plenty of freinds. They don't think I'm a freak. Maby you're too self-conscious?

2. People in Dublin(Capital) DO more than just go to pubs. In fact alcohol consumption is very high in Germany(and I presume Berlin is no exception) If you don't like the pub so much how about you move to Saudi Arabia?

3. Pretty general statement there pal. Every individual is unique, with likes, dislikes, loves and hatreds. Sounds pretty close-minded to think that everyone here is intolerant and close-minded.

4. I presume you are Irish. If you start complaining in your work place about how ****ty their city is, they will be quick to tell the immigrant paddy to ship out.

Anyway so much for German tolerance, don't they hate the turks?

Oh, these statements weren't aimed at you: they are just my experiences of life in Ireland. They may be general, but I assure you, they are NOT isolated. Yours may be different, fine. But I respect your right to express them WITH tolerance which, unfortunately, does not appear to be a two way communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Do you know what I really ****ing hate? PEOPLE WHO GIVE OUT ABOUT THINGS ON THE INTERNET. Yeah, those ****ers. Who come onto a website just to post about things they ****ing hate.

....damn ****.

I like the way you blanked out all your swear words, and then at the end threw in '****' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

**** isn't filtered.

Ghey.

-Freebird- wrote: »
    Ghey.

No, it's more of a blueish tone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

kmart6 wrote: »
    Down with that sort of thing!
    Careful now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement