Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

'H' ... Not 'r'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

. In fact alcohol consumption is very high in Germany(and I presume Berlin is no exception)
    Anyway so much for German tolerance, don't they hate the turks?
    So there I am wanderin around. Now, as a proud holder of a German passport (and an Irish one), I really must say something here.
    Alcohol consumption is high in Germany, though not nearly as high as Ireland, especially in the North. However Germany also have Europes' highest percentage of non-drinkers in the population.
    And no, ''they don't hate the Turks'' granted, it was a problem in the past beacuse there were a lot of Suburbs overcrowded, but Germany is fully integrated now. In fact, the ''Turkish Germans'' are nearly ''as German'' as the ''German Germans'' now.
    Anyway, people are allowed express their dissatisfaction and love for an area equally. You can't ban them for either.
    I heart Crumlin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

And no, ''they don't hate the Turks'' granted, it was a problem in the past beacuse there were a lot of Suburbs overcrowded, but Germany is fully integrated now. In fact, the ''Turkish Germans'' are nearly ''as German'' as the ''German Germans'' now.

Hrmm, that does depend on where you are now though doesn't it really? I've never seen as much graffiti, abuse and hassle etc. outside turkish shops as I did in Dresden on a friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I could never put my finger on what you are, estecombinharvester. I went with the 'low level troll' label of others, but now I see: you're just a sad, and lonely individual desperate for conversation, but lacking in the skills that make good posters so you try to pick controversial topics / viewpoints. Are you an only-child?
    I almost feel sorry for you; after all, you're not really different from the majority of AH regulars. I think I shall lessen the ban duration from AH from "never" to 'not in this lifetime'. huggles.
    Can this thread be closed now? I don't see any feedback in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Karoma wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

:eek::eek:
    A well respected moderater insulting a lowly "registered user"? Well I never...

Well respected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Karoma wrote: »
    I could never put my finger on what you are, estecombinharvester. I went with the 'low level troll' label of others, but now I see: you're just a sad, and lonely individual desperate for conversation, but lacking in the skills that make good posters so you try to pick controversial topics / viewpoints. Are you an only-child?
    I almost feel sorry for you; after all, you're not really different from the majority of AH regulars. I think I shall lessen the ban duration from AH from "never" to 'not in this lifetime'. huggles.

Right, I'm a sad and lonely individual because I don't like some of the crap I see posted about my country in After Hours? Yeah..good one.:rolleyes:

No I am not an only child.

Lacking in skills that make good posters...yeah because what you deem to be a ''good'' poster is an absolute and most certainly fact. Once again.:rolleyes:

But sure Karoma won't respond to this comment, as he has no way of backing up his claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,434 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Right, I'm a sad and lonely individual because I don't like some of the crap I see posted about my country in After Hours? Yeah..good one.:rolleyes:
    :

Not liking it is fine. Wanting people banned is sad. (Although I'd have used the word "arrogant".)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I don't like some of the crap I see posted about my country in After Hours? Yeah..good one.:rolleyes:.
    So you've decided to badmouth someone else's in Feedback instead?
    +1 for closing this thread

crash_000 wrote: »
    Hrmm, that does depend on where you are now though doesn't it really? I've never seen as much graffiti, abuse and hassle etc. outside turkish shops as I did in Dresden on a friday night.
    Well I mean I honestly can only speak from where my family is from - Stuttgart, but I have been to Leipzig and it didn't stick out.
    To say the Germans hate the Turks is still incorrect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well respected?

But of course! :rolleyes:

Well I mean I honestly can only speak from where my family is from - Stuttgart, but I have been to Leipzig and it didn't stick out.
    To say the Germans hate the Turks is still incorrect

Look from what I have seen Germans are cool. My point was that he was making it out that everyone in Germany(Berlin) is open-minded and tolerant when its impossible to label a massive group of people, especially in relation to inate charachteristics.

Obviously not all Germans hate Turks, but there is a bit of resentment. I was doing a course with a girl from Germany this year and she said she dislikes the Turks because they stick to their own little groups. She was from Cologne.

I'm not saying Berlin isn't a nicer more dynamic city than Dublin, but this hatred of everything Irish annoys me. I'm not sure how to say this but the grass isn't always greener phrase exists for a reason. People like this guy seem to have this notion that everywhere is always better than where they're from. This is not always, or in most cases the case.

At the end of the day a city is a city, and there is only so much you can do, especially if you are over a certain age which the poster seems to be.

Look from what I have seen Germans are cool. My point was that he was making it out that everyone in Germany(Berlin) is open-minded and tolerant when its impossible to label a massive group of people, especially in relation to inate charachteristics.

Obviously not all Germans hate Turks, but there is a bit of resentment. I was doing a course with a girl from Germany this year and she said she dislikes the Turks because they stick to their own little groups. She was from Cologne.

I'm not saying Berlin isn't a nicer more dynamic city than Dublin, but this hatred of everything Irish annoys me. I'm not sure how to say this but the grass isn't always greener phrase exists for a reason. People like this guy seem to have this notion that everywhere is always better than where they're from. This is not always, or in most cases the case.

At the end of the day a city is a city, and there is only so much you can do, especially if you are over a certain age which the poster seems to be.
    Getting back to the original post, banning people for not liking Ireland or having certain views about the place is almost Stasi-esque. It can be frustrating if you are a Nationalist (I am one myself), but everyone has to have their own view.

Getting back to the original post, banning people for not liking Ireland or having certain views about the place is almost Stasi-esque. It can be frustrating if you are a Nationalist (I am one myself), but everyone has to have their own view.

Ban them for trolling. Saying you dislike a country because its close-minded and intolerant is offensive. Saying the women are ugly is also offensive to Irish females.

I'm not asking for people to be banned if they say ''the weather is crap because personally I prefer a hotter climate.'', but I am asking for the OTT Irish bashing to be curtailed.

Unrealistic. Maby? An aspiration? Certainly.

Ban them for trolling. Saying you dislike a country because its close-minded and intolerant is offensive. Saying the women are ugly is also offensive to Irish females.

I'm not asking for people to be banned if they say ''the weather is crap because personally I prefer a hotter climate.'', but I am asking for the OTT Irish bashing to be curtailed.

I never said EVERYONE in Berlin was more tolerant, I said most people and I stand by that. You wanting people banned for expressing a viewpoint illustrates my point better than anything I could have written myself.

And you DID say "banned" in your opening post. I notice it's now "curtailed"...? This a climbdown or are we finally acknowleding other peoples' freedoms?

If you can't criticise Ireland in Ireland, where else can you criticise it?
    Anywhere else it'd be racist

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Can boards please ban anyone who every time a thread about Ireland comes up write about how **** is.

Of course I'm banned from AH, but I take offense to people insulting where I'm from, with seemingly their reasons being
    1. Women aren't hot here....
    2. theres nothing to do(shut the **** up you lazy ****, and play some ****ing tennis) I bet these assholes were sitting inside today with the sun beaming
    3. ''the prices, they are so high'' so is your ****ing pay cheque douchebag. Go live in ****ing Libera if you wan't to buy stuff cheap
    4. scumbags----hahah these idiots think that Ireland has the worst and in some cases the only country with scumbags. I remember some idiot saying he loved France because of its relaxed atmosphere, has this dumbass ever lived in Paris, or even stayed in the place for more than 2 days? Much more rushed than here....its not all about eating flaming baguettes moron
    5. the healthcare---yeah like some nerd can't afford a hospital bill
    6. public transport--walk in tubby....its really not that bad anyway its just way too predictable

So yeah I'm sorry but After Hours pisses me off(the anti-irish ones) that is. I have no problem people saying well I feel ireland has gotten a bit stale. going to go try something else, and hopefully when I return i can love MY COUNTRY.

this rant was needed to clear my system.

Good night folks.

I ha

since you have been perma banned form AH, please dont be insulted when i tell you that your opinion holds little interest to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

ive been reading this threads and just wondered whats going on.
    where is estebancambias from by the way.
    whats he/she argueing about?
    is it
    1.ireland
    2.germany(berlin)
    3.other.
    looking at his/her profile seems to me is from Argentina?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

javaboy wrote: »
    It was my joke in the first place AC. Zuchum and SteveC stole it and I want it back.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55932833&postcount=3

I didn't steal it, I borrowed it and improved it. You can have it back now.:pac:

since you have been perma banned form AH, please dont be insulted when i tell you that your opinion holds little interest to me.

Yes because you are probably the sort of person I am referring to in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Saying you dislike a country because its close-minded and intolerant is offensive. Saying the women are ugly is also offensive to Irish females.

The truth hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

EstianCambias your right, your so right. Ireland is an amazing country with so much to offer. Look at Dublin city, plenty of arts events every week,with some great theatre. Fairly ok weather most of the year. A great selection of places to eat and drink, to cater for every all budgets. On the fringes of Dublin you have the Irish Sea for various water-sports, you also have the Dublin Wicklow mountains, it always amazes me when occupants of Dublin tell me they have never even been up there, you can hike, mountain bike, camp, horse ride whatever suits you. An hour from Dublin is the Cooley Peninsula with the beautiful Carlingford lough, overlooked by the Mournes, which offer a great days hiking with some breathtaking views.

And this is only the east coast, head West and you have the beautiful Atlantic coast, the Burren, Connemara, with all it's old Irish charm and pubs that only open at twelve and serve Guinness straight from heaven. Down south we have rural cork, the amazing Kerry or up North for Donegal national park or some srufing of Bundoran.

There is too much to in Dublin, or Ireland, thats the problem i see with it!!!, Look at all the local sports clubs etc. It amazes me all the f%574n begrudgers, but do you know what f$8k them, Let them live their life vicariously through man utd or their computer, they probably are depressed from all the takeaway food they eat. They don't have a clue what a good life is slipping by them in front of their lazy little eyes.In the meantime I'll be out living my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I love Ireland, i think we live in one of the greatest countries in the world.

Its amazing how many ppl fail to see how well we have it

*cue, the "our health service is a shambles" line*

I never said its perfect, but its great.

Snyper and Pinker your two comments made me :D

Oh and I'm coming from experience here. I used to be one of these anti-Irish baboons.

Yes it is great, and what makes it great, in my opinion, is that we don't take ourselves too seriously and the fact that every citizen of Ireland, whether their family stretches back to Brian Boru or if they've just been here for a few years, can have their opinion on our country. This thread isn't about loving Ireland, it is about banning people who complain about it excessively.
    Getting frustrated is a small price to pay for being free to express your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No I am not an only child.
    Do you have a hot sister?

If so, we may be able to come to an agreement.

Terry wrote: »
    Do you have a hot sister?

If so, we may be able to come to an agreement.

Why Terry, yes I do. But it will cost you. PM me there and we could sort something out.

Yes it is great, and what makes it great, in my opinion, is that we don't take ourselves too seriously ....

...apart from estabhan (fine Irish name!)

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate Dublin, but I can't overlook the massive failings it has. Not when I've liverd in two major European capital cities. And things will never improve if we ban free speech.

Pinker - when we have the tolerance to accept something along the lines of a fvckparade, loveparade, international bodypainting festival (and WITHOUT the immaturity and prudish "oh, dear GOD! Won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!! hysteria) then I'll accept your words. We ARE getting better though, I'll give you that.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    ...apart from estabhan (fine Irish name!)

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate Dublin, but I can't overlook the massive failings it has. Not when I've liverd in two major European capital cities. And things will never improve if we ban free speech.

Pinker - when we have the tolerance to accept something along the lines of a fvckparade, loveparade, international bodypainting festival (and WITHOUT the immaturity and prudish "oh, dear GOD! Won't someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!! hysteria) then I'll accept your words. We ARE getting better though, I'll give you that.

For the record I have Russian ancestry.

Let me ask you Ikky where have you lived? Have you already lived in Berlin?

Ikky will you come home when we become so open-minded that we hold a Irish Man/Boy love association on the streets of Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Y This thread isn't about loving Ireland, it is about banning people who complain about it excessively.
    Is that what this is about? Thanks; I was genuinely having difficulty working it out. Perhaps it was the lack of examples that did it.
    'Ban them for trolling' - prove that they're trolling. So far, all I see is a 'ban them because they disagree with my opinions'.

Getting frustrated is a small price to pay for being free to express your opinion.
    Argumentation / discussion is what boards.ie is all about at the end of the day, no?
    A good debate/discussion involves opposing viewpoints. Demanding that people with opposing viewpoints be silenced goes against the most fundamental drive of this site, and simply won't be listened to; it's absurd.
    If somebody is deliberately and repeatedly choosing an opposing viewpoint and it's pretty obvious that their primary interest is in upsetting other boardsies, then and only then will they be banned as trolls. As above, point some out.

For the record: I love Ireland. I loathe estblotsit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement