Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL provisioning problems?

Options
  • 31-05-2008 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I recently had the NTL engineers out to my apartment, but they were unable to synch up the modem. It's a line problem and they sent a report in to their provisioning department to fix the problem. The apartment next to me has BB just fine..

Has anyone else had to go through this, and do you have any idea how long I could wait for this to be completed? It's been a week so far, and a call to CC just told me that there were no notes on the account yet..

Any information or past experience would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

NTL don't know anything about the wiring in your apartment block so you can imagine that they will have the same problem with finding the source of it as you can in tracking the wiring yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Yeah, I thought that. And it's a very old building too, which probably makes things a little more complicated.

The person next door in the same block managed to get 6meg no problems though, which bothers me. Any idea how long I should be expecting to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I wouldn't have much hope if I were you once you start talking about old apartment wiring. I do remember a previous office wiring problem where Chorus were able to sort it but it was in a newly constructed block, so much so that this was 10m years ago and the connection was fibre to the apartment block.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Would I be better off cancelling and switching to DSL? Sacrificing my TV for a Phone Line I wont use...

Advertisement