Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMPORTANT RE: Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

roryc wrote: »
    Theres Klose :(

Also, looks like the Fantasy Football crew chalked the goal up for the wrong team, all my German defenders just lost a point!!

Wow... Ronald McDonald can see the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Woot, back on to 34 points. Klose as Captain, Sabri assist, Boral goal, and Pig Farmers Goal.

Edit: Bollox, there goes my chance of et goals, and I reckon most (except me) will have Lahm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I got 32 points overall. Lahm chops spared my blushes with a whopping 13 points. Wish I'd not bothered with Metzelder and Mertesacker though. Useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

43 points.

3 to play tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Fup Lahm. That goal gave him 9 pts effectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

37 points with 4 to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lahm you beauty! Podolski(c) got an assist and Schweinsteiger got a goal (wish I switched the captaincy).

I can't believe I picked three German defenders though, they are shocking at the back. Bloody Mertesacker and Metzelder.

34 with 5 to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

39 pts with 5 spainards to go,whether it'll stir me from the depths of 24th or not?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I've got 26 points with 3 Russians and 3 Spaniards to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

40 points scored, 4 Spaniards and a Russian to play.... Up against a lady in my head to head:eek: She's got 37 points,i've got Torres-she's got Villa! Could be curtains for me:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I got 35 pts with 5 to play...

I loaded up with germans thinking that they'll destroy the turks but laham saved the day for me along with podolski & schwientiger.

I'm in 3rd place. I'll be lucky to finish in the top 5!

My aim was a top twenty finish but I've dropped to 39. I have Fabregas, Zhirkov, the Pavster and my captain Villa still to play.

I'm thinking of using my wildcard on Fabregas because the guy I'm against in my head to head has him too and he's 8 pts ahead of me. Maybe I need to gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Feckin Ballack. How could he not be involved in any of the three goals? Waste of the captaincy.

Still in 4th spot with 33 points. Have 4 Spaniards and a Russian still to go tonight now.

our league is currently 4th out of 21,885

Dropped one place to 8th. 4 points behind in my semi-final, but we have very different teams so tonight will be decisive. This guy has really backed the Russians, he has 4 of them (but not Arshavin strangely) and only 1 Spaniard (Torres).

Completely forgot about the head to head. I'm 33-11 ahead but he has 6 Spaniards and 1 Russian, that's two players more than me. Glad I have the points in the bag already though, especially seeing as he has Xabi Alonso AND Fabregas. WTF? :confused:

He has Torres, I have Villa. Should I stick to my guns with Villa or change to Torres to nullify that threat?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He has Torres, I have Villa. Should I stick to my guns with Villa or change to Torres to nullify that threat?

I'd be tempted to go with Torres, but remember the hat-trick Villa scored against Russia already. Also, I'd have a look at who's ahead of you in the Boards league. The league is the bread and butter after all :)

Completely forgot about the head to head. I'm 33-11 ahead but he has 6 Spaniards and 1 Russian, that's two players more than me. Glad I have the points in the bag already though, especially seeing as he has Xabi Alonso AND Fabregas. WTF? :confused:

Go with whatever you feel, but I wouldnt be too worried about the HU, seein as you are so high in the boards league. Concentrate on winning the boards one. the HU is only an interesting aside

Yeah true but I won't win the boards league at this stage seeing as a n00b came in out of nowhere the other day, unless I be a wanker of an administrator and boot him out!!!

Champions League spot should be safe so to win some sliverware at the end of the season would be nice!

I've played my wildcard. I took out Fabregas and brought in Zyryanov. I'm a good bit behind in my head to head so I felt I had to make the gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hope you made the change Xavi.

I've played my wildcard. I took out Fabregas and brought in Zyryanov. I'm a good bit behind in my head to head so I felt I had to make the gamble.

I used the wildcard as well, took Fabregas out and threw Silva in. Neither have done anything yet, but I would've kept him had I known he'd be on this early.

Argh Villa :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

come on the ruskis, need the spanish to not keep a clean sheet

Thank you Silva. Although that's 2 assists for Fabregas, so technically that's -1 point from my transfer :/

I used the wildcard as well, took Fabregas out and threw Silva in. Neither have done anything yet, but I would've kept him had I known he'd be on this early.

Well least you'll get a few points from your gamble unlike yours truly. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Thank you Silva. Although that's 2 assists for Fabregas, so technically that's -1 point from my transfer :/

i made the same switch

MOM for Fabregas i reckon too though

Hope you made the change Xavi.

Unfortunately not, but guess who had both Xavi and Silva in midfield! :D

Up to 2nd in the boards league, 6 points off the top. Come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

HTF did Fabregas not get motm??? Up to 21st in boards,3rd in reapers and into final winning 63-60!! It would've been interesting had Fabregas got motm then it would've been 63 apiece! A penalty shootout? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Spanish 11 for the final for me.

Dont fail me now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

staker wrote: »
    HTF did Fabregas not get motm???

And Lahm was motm yesterday despite having a terrible game apart from the goal. Very poor decisions, i'm not complaining though, had both lahm and iniesta on the team :) wild carded out fabregas for xavi when i saw the teamsheets, worked out alright.

Yeah true but I won't win the boards league at this stage seeing as a n00b came in out of nowhere the other day, unless I be a wanker of an administrator and boot him out!!!

Champions League spot should be safe so to win some sliverware at the end of the season would be nice!

I'd say boot him out Xavi:D,the lad that's top in our work league has 286.
    I got 68 pts,up from 24th to 9th.:)

Absolute disaster of a day. My captain Villa gets injured - score 2 points.

I see Fabregas isnt starting so I wildcard him out for Zyrayanov - scores 2 points.

I went from 39 to 66 in the Boards league too but the real disappointment...beaten 55-39 in my semi-final by some English guy. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Didn't even know about the head to head thing, turns out i'm in my final. It helped that my semi final opponent had 8 players from italy, holland and portugal though ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Fabregas as my captain.Woohoo!How did he not get man of the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

A total joke for the MOTM IMO.

Didn't have Fabregas in the end, swapped him out for Silva but Iniesta getting is is very strange indeed.

• Advertisement

First stab at a team for the final. Obv I've no hope in this league but can still win big bucks in the work league. I have (a) maintain second place and (b) try to haul in a 9 point gap to first

Thoughts on this team greatly appreciated

Casillas

Lahm
    Marchena
    Puyol

Ballack
    Iniesta
    Swienstiger
    Fabregas

Podolski
    Klose
    Torres (c)

Would like to get Regio Ramos into the team, but the only way I can do that is to put Silva in for Iniesta or take a big risk and Guiza ahead of one of ze germans in attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Take a chance on one team winning it over 90 mins.

I went with an all spanish 11. No guts no glory etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Villa out for final, wonder if Guiza is worth a punt?

Kinda pointless now that you can just buy all the leaders in their position and still have money left over, i.e.:

Casillas

Lahm
    Metzelder
    Sergio Ramos
    Capdevilla
    8.0 - 7.5 - 7.0 - 8.0

Schweinsteiger
    Ballack
    Fàbregas
    Silva
    10.0 - 10.5 - 10.0 - 8.5

Güiza
    Torres
    Podolski
    7.0 - 12.5 - 10.0

I'm goin for -

Casillas

Metzelder
    Lahm
    Puyol

Ballack
    Schweinsteiger
    Xavi
    Silva

Klose
    Podolski
    Torres

Marchena as sub

Not going to reveal my captain for fear of someone seeing and trying to cancel me out.

Villa out for final, wonder if Guiza is worth a punt?

Kinda pointless now that you can just buy all the leaders in their position and still have money left over, i.e.:

Casillas

Lahm
    Metzelder
    Sergio Ramos
    Capdevilla
    8.0 - 7.5 - 7.0 - 8.0

Schweinsteiger
    Ballack
    Fàbregas
    Silva
    10.0 - 10.5 - 10.0 - 8.5

Güiza
    Torres
    Podolski
    7.0 - 12.5 - 10.0

Guiza is the the risk there though, as to if he'll start or not. Same could be said with Fabregas. Klose seems to be the obvious German missing out from that line up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

sionnach wrote: »
    Didn't even know about the head to head thing, turns out i'm in my final. It helped that my semi final opponent had 8 players from italy, holland and portugal though ^_^

Me too. Only just checked what that was now. I'm in my final too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

So my story of the tournament; all was going well until the 3rd round when i fupped up and selected players from teams that were already through to the quarters = disaster:( My aim was to get back inside the top 100:D

So thanks to Casilias,Lamh,Metzelder,Anyukov,Puyol,
    Altintop,Ballack,Fabregas,Schweinstiger(C),
    Arshavin,Villa,Klose

59pts and inside the 100!! I'm easily pleased :p
    Best of luck to the lads at the top! I'm gonna make it an all Spanish side for the final...

Just noticed i'm in the final of the consolation knock out stage of head to head! lol! beat 'Gazzas finest 11' in the semi final (Yay ;)) Up against a Spanish guy in the final! Who had more Germans than Spanish in his semi final team...interesting...

Well with my aim of a top 20 finish scuppered by my disastrous last round, I want to finish by cementing a spot in the top 50. Here's my effort:

Casillas

Ramos
    Puyol
    Capdevila

Ballack
    Absolutely Fabregas
    Schweiney
    Silva

Geezer
    Klose
    Torres

Sub: Lahm

I'm going to wait until the last minute to decide on my captain since it's being said Ballack might not be fit. Not sure though if that's German mind games or not.

I heard this evening that Ballack is only 50/50 for the final,pulled a thigh muscle in training allegedly.

Casillas

Lahm
    Sergio Ramos
    Puyol

Schweinsteiger
    Fabregas
    Iniesta
    Silva

Klose
    Torres
    Podolski

Sub: Marchena

I've gone for Spain to win, but if the Germans do score I went for the few who are likely to influence things. I've left Ballack out for the time being with the injury news, but I think he'll play. When the teams are announced I might wild-card him back in - especially if Fabregas doesn't start.

I fucking love Xavi Hernandez! Made the little fella my captain and he hasn't let me down so far with a crackin assist :D

I fucking love Xavi Hernandez!

Really? Way to drop a bombshell on us :p

Have Fabregas myself, hope Spain keep this up.

Didn't think anyone else would choose him so went for it.

Need a German goal as I have less Spanish defenders than my rivals.

Damn it, Lahm off at half time.

Well pretty much everyone has him so no big deal really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement