Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMPORTANT RE: Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

torres got motm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep predictable as anything and has cost me second spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Guess I won't know the final spot for an hour or two, but it's been a pleasure guys. Hopefully there won't be too many withdrawals before the Prem season starts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Having led my league since a villa inspired hattrick day 1, i think i just lost out by 1 point. Gutted....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

My Spanish 11 done the job nicely! 56 pts tonight and Xavi6 didnt win... Result!!! lol - only messing Xavi :D Well done to to the top of the table! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well I finished up in 44th place so I got in the top 50 in the end. Inspired move to have Torres as my captain. :D

Well done to everyone involved in getting Boards.ie's league one of the biggest leagues in Europe.

Finished 8th and won my cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

30th position in the Boards League but 2 Private league wins and a top 5 finish in the other plus I won the Head to Head Cup. So a good torunament.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Finished 12th on boards.Scored 52 points. First time ever playing "dream team", really enjoyed it. Does Boards run a PL dream team as well? Oh and late entries shouldn't be allowed imo:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Finished 4th overall...

I look forward to battling with ye in fantasy p'league. I tend to do worse in that. European competitions suit me better. I've started my excuses already lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What's the Premier League one like? Similar to this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Pretty much the same, only a bit harder, 1 free transfer per gameweek and 4 points deduction for every transfer after that, 3 different players get bonus points per match, and wildcard can only be used once per season but you can make unlimited transfers.

Much better system IMO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Finsihed 36th, disappointed with that as i held a top 10 spot all the way until the semis and then made a couple of risky/dodgy decisions - but not to bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

finished 13 overall after an all spanish 11 final.

~54 points iirc. xavi as captain.

viva le spain! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My gamble on not choosing too many Spanish defenders didn't pay off so finished up joint third on 328 points. Quite happy overall considering my expectations.

Won the Reapers mini-league by a massive 27 points and my Head to Head final by 11 points.

Came 12th out of 11,428 in Australia.

Boards league was 7th overall out of 21,000 so well done to everyone! Roll on the Premiership edition next month!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

bah. fell down to 42 in the end. started well then forgot to update my lineup for a few weeks. Lahm getting subbed pissed me off though, i'm firmly convinced that Germany would have scored were he on the pitch. then again Spain probably would have too...

It's also more tactical because you have to pick a larger squad, so you have an extra goalkeeper and three outfield subs. You can play a good few formations.

Advertisement