Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMPORTANT RE: Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Well Baros has been shipped out, replaced him with Saganowski. Reckon the Poles should put a few past Austria. That freed up a bit of cash so brought in Rozenhnal for my cheap player. Decided having sub wholl actually play is worth a slight knock to the first team after Baros not playing. 44 points so far isnt too bad though with Mellberg, Xavi and Pavyluchenko still to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Disappointed Gomez didn't get on the scoresheet, but I've a full compliment of clean sheets.

42 points with De Rossi, Silva, Benzema and Pavlychenko to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They've changed it now anyway, Podolski got it back.

dont know why they gave it to lehmann in the first place tbh

Damnit, I have Lehmann in my team. How many points is motm worth?

Good showing by my Germans today. Lehmann with 7 and Klose with 8(x2 since he's my captain)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

42 points with casillas,iniesta,abidal,benzema and toni all still to play.Pepe was a great signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bloody hell only 18 points thus far but my strike force of Benzema, Torres and Pavlyuchenko will get me goals I'm sure. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Clean sheets all round at the back so far. 47 points with Xavi, Akinfeev, Huntelaar and Benzema still to go. Solid start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

****ing Podolski, was thinking before the competition who to pick - Klose or Gomez. I didn't think Podolski would out do them both in any game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

45 with 2*Spanish, 2*Dutch to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

So how does this wild card transfer thing work for tonight? I have robben on me team and need to ship him out, think i can do it temporiarly or something? (Sorry the site is blocked at work, so wont get to do it until about 6 o'clock!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

gucci wrote: »
    So how does this wild card transfer thing work for tonight? I have robben on me team and need to ship him out, think i can do it temporiarly or something? (Sorry the site is blocked at work, so wont get to do it until about 6 o'clock!)

Yeah according to the site you can make a temporary sub for the game (will still be in your team for the next gameday)

It says once the games have not started so anytime before 7.45 should be ok.

I have to use it too as it looks like henry is out for this game today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

gucci wrote: »

Robben's injured.
    We are now the number 1 League out of 19,940, any prizes there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

42 points, should be 47-never subbed in nuno gomez ffs!! hope it keeps going... keeps it interesting doesn't it?

Just read the rules there for the first time and jeez they make it awful easy. 4 transfers and a wild card per group game, unlimited for knock out stages and an increase in the value of your team from 100 million to 110 million once we hit the laast eight. Nobody should be having any problems with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

any body get the wild card working? i clicked on activate wild card then selected robben then tried to sub in Kuyt and all it does is give me his profile! it gives errors on the page message as well.

Yeah just did mine there. You gotta go to your 'latest points' page and it gives you the option to do it there.

Just took out Akinfeev and out in Isaksson. going for Spanish and Swedish clean sheets in game 1. Akinfeev will be in for the next two games then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Top League... nice

Im sitting in 13th, Gonzo FC. Anyone know if Gattuso is likely to play? He was a bargain at 6m but Ive a feeling he might not start...

Also, as hard as it is for a United fan to say this... come on Torres!! Need him to bang in a few against the Rooskis and validate my decision to take the captaincy off Klose and give it to him :)

roryc wrote: »
    Top League... nice

Im sitting in 13th, Gonzo FC. Anyone know if Gattuso is likely to play? He was a bargain at 6m but Ive a feeling he might not start...

Also, as hard as it is for a United fan to say this... come on Torres!! Need him to bang in a few against the Rooskis and validate my decision to take the captaincy off Klose and give it to him :)

The reason why his value is so low is because he never scores and picks up a heap of yellow cards. The only thing he has going for him is the clean sheets, and that's only worth 1 point which just offsets the customary yellow card.

(The bastard's gonna go socre a hattrick now tonight!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

True... he does get the odd assist though! Who's good value though for 6m, I already have Chivu...

Was thinking maybe Giannakopoulos?? Hes banged in about 20 goals for Bolton the last 4 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

ok i have gone into latest points activated the wild card and selected Robben to be replaced when i select Kuyt on the right it still just gives me the bloody info no option to sub him in? what am i missing?

roryc wrote: »
    True... he does get the odd assist though! Who's good value though for 6m, I already have Chivu...

Was thinking maybe Giannakopoulos?? Hes banged in about 20 goals for Bolton the last 4 years

Galasek of the Czechs wouldn't be a bad idea. Personally though for 6 mil I'd go for Petit of Portugal. He'll most likely place quarter finals football anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

woodyg wrote: »
    any body get the wild card working? i clicked on activate wild card then selected robben then tried to sub in Kuyt and all it does is give me his profile! it gives errors on the page message as well.
    try it on mozilla , works fine with that for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Check it out! We have the best performing league members in the world! Keep up the good work people!

http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/M/stats.mc?stat=bestleagues

flanzer wrote: »
    Check it out! We have the best performing league members in the world! Keep up the good work people!

http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/M/stats.mc?stat=bestleagues

Yeah we kick arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

cant belive nasri wasnt starting today >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

cant belive nasri wasnt starting today >_>
    why did i pick huntalaar its currently have time and there 2 up,unless he comes on for van the man to give him a rest and scores a hat- trick very unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Has De Rossi been dropped or is he injured? I missed the pre-match analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

sake, italy are rubbish, getting shot of materazzi asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Gio Van B you little legend, fantastic display, would have been nice to get MOTM though. If RVN had of scored that second 1 on 1, it would have caped a great game for my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Has De Rossi been dropped or is he injured? I missed the pre-match analysis.

Wondering that myself. I have in my team and thought he'd feature at some point. I'm sure he would improve that Italian side.

I'm only on 26 points but I'll hopefully have three players in action tomorrow to give me a boost. Fingers crossed. :D

• Advertisement

Gio VanB did a great job for me today. I think he deserved MOM to be honest.
    RvP gets me one point too. Hopefully we'll see more of him. Wouldn't even have got that point if it werent for the auto sub rule.

No fucking Huntelaar? FFS. That's him sold for the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have to get rid of Fab for tomo now.
    Undecided betweek Xavi, Ljunberg and Kallstrom.
    Xavi seems like safe bet but I fancy the Swedes to do the Rooski's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Frisbee wrote: »
    Have to get rid of Fab for tomo now.
    Undecided betweek Xavi, Ljunberg and Kallstrom.
    Xavi seems like safe bet but I fancy the Swedes to do the Rooski's

xavi will play 90 mins is likely to make assists and possibly score,
    he plays the same role fabregas does at arsenal.

****ing awesome

Always wondered what top of the league would look like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What's everyone's take on transfers for this?

I'm having trouble interpreting the rules on the website.

Can we make 4 before round 2 or unlimited?

It seems like it goes 4-4-unlimited-unlimited-umlimited

but for some reason they have it down as unlimited-4-4-unlimited-unlimited-umlimited

Is this because of the pre tournament friendlies - so is 4 right?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The reason why his value is so low is because he never scores and picks up a heap of yellow cards. The only thing he has going for him is the clean sheets, and that's only worth 1 point which just offsets the customary yellow card.

And guess who got booked last night and did feck all :cool:

gosplan wrote: »

but for some reason they have it down as unlimited-4-4-unlimited-unlimited-umlimited

I have no idea tbph.

I'm going with the make transfers for each gameweek rather than every single game day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

You can make 4 between matchdays in the group stage, the first unlimited is before the start.

So it is 4 now before matchday 2 then 4 before matchday 3 then UL- UL -UL

Stupid really, you should be penalised for getting players on teams that get knocked out rather than being able to change your entire team around and get more money to do it !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

As far as I make it out it was unlimited up to the start of the tourney 4 transfers that will come into effect after the first group of matches i.e. after every team has played one match (I transferred RVN and Sneijder in for yesterday's match but unfortunately they didn't count), 4 after the second round of matches and then unlimited for the QF's, SF's and Final,

Unlimited before stage one

4 between stages one and two

4 between stages two and three

Unlimited for every round after the group stages.

Therefore it's 4 now. I thought they had it layed out fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

ok i'm trying to gerister a team now, but how do you make your formation 3-4-3. it keeps making me have my 3rd striker as a sub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

swap the subs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'm pleased to say all my predictions about starting line-ups were correct so far. that leaves me on 63 points with two more to play. pleasantly surprised at that, normally i'm in the bottom half of these things. probably wont last though :pac:

now if only Sweden keep a clean sheet tomorrow, and Iniesta gets an assist and i'll be laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Cheer to all those scaremongers who managed to convince me to drop Villa. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Cheer to all those scaremongers who managed to convince me to drop Villa. :mad:

+1 :mad::mad::mad:

And there's two for Villa. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

HAHA my evil plan to convince you all Villa won't play worked MUHAHAHAHA

I mean eh.. unlucky lads.

• Advertisement

Torres taken off after 53 so no point for him for playing over 60.

Advertisement