Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMPORTANT RE: Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Earlier on today I took out Huntelaar and Benzema and put in Villa and Pavluychenko. Bet they don't score another between them after this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

Your captain wont start, maybe pick someone else.
    The fact that torres has been picked as the lone striker with villa having a bit part role has been mentioned all over the weekend on boards and in the press.

So much for your inspiration!!:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Had Villa in as captain from the start. Was languishing on 29 pts before the Russia game today but those 34 pts will come in handy. Pity Casillas let one in towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Right, made 3 transfers.

Out: DeRossi, Benzema, Silva.
    In: Villa, Xavi, Galasek.

For the time I'm keeping the fate with Mario Gomez ahead of Podolski, though it's a straight swap if I want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Out: Schweinsteiger, Benzema, RVN, Zambrotta.

I would have been happy to keep Schweinsteiger, but I cannot justify having him in my team when it is not certain he will start.

RVN I wanted to keep, but to bring in Schnider for Schweinsteiger I had to drop one of my Dutch players, and I wasn't going to drop Gio.

Zambrotta i'm not comfortable with having as the Italians aren't looking up to much.

Benzema, see above reason.

In: Villa, Torres, Schneider, Pepe.

All in all, I would have really only wanted to swap Benzema and Zambrotta, but I can't say I am too disappointed bringing in Torres and Schneider as well.

My team is now:

Pletikosa

Pepe
    Sagnol
    Mellberg
    Van Bronckhorst

Modric
    Quaresma
    Schneider

Arshavin
    Torres(C)
    Villa

Sub: Emre (although I am likely to wild card him during the game week before Turkey play as he is injured. I will probably bring in Mouthio, therefore if Quaresma doesn't start again, I will have a direct swap for him.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

* Materazzi replaced by Van Bronckhorst
    * Kranjčar replaced by Makelele
    * Nasri replaced by Sneijder
    * Torres replaced by Villa

Čech

Ujfaluši
    Carvalho
    Pepe
    Van Bronckhorst

Makelele
    Ballack
    Modrić
    Sneijder

Klose (C)
    Torres
    Pavlyuchenko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

okay, I'm a bit confused... why did xavi only get me 2 points today. I thought he got two assists????
    He def took the shot that led to fabs goal, and didnt he put in the cross for one of Villa's goals too?

And from the germany game the other day.... why oh why was Fritz taken off the pitch? :confused: He was playing really well.
    and because he was taken off before 60min I lost the 4 points for a clean sheet as well as the 1 point for playing 60. :mad:

ffs, I though he was one of my best buys...getting a guy playing on the wing, who's down as a defender. But now I'm not sure if he'll play or not... very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Torres taken off after 53 so no point for him for playing over 60.

FFS and not much hope of him being top scorer either, there goes my hard earned 10 snots!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

58 points in total. Not too bad. 1st in one league, 2nd in another, top 10 in another and top 50 in the Boards one. Anyways a few changes. Probably ain't going to be a great week with Germany vs Croatia and Portugal vs Czechs.

Out: Baros, Grichting & Xavi

In: Saganowski(was Zurawaski but he got injured), Rozenhal & Iniesta

So team is:

Cech
    Ferriera Rozehnal R Kovac
    C Ronaldo(C) Ballack Modric Iniesta
    Klose Pavyluchenko Saganowski

Sub: Mellberg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bah. Only 43 points. Decided to use all my transfers.

Out: Torres, Thuram, De Rossi and Rakitic.

In: Villa, Bosingwa, Sneijder and Engelaar.

My new team:

Casillas

Bosingwa----Mertesacker--Metzelder

Sneijder
    Srna
    Engelaar
    Ronaldo (c)---

Villa
    Benzema
    Pavlyuchenko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Was going to pick Villa in this and put €10 on him to be top scorer but thought he wouldn't be starting.:mad: Raging.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Currently Rock Bottom and funked, need a whole lot of luck so I have made some fairly desperate transfers.

Casillas replaced by Boruc
    Degen replaced by Sergio Ramos
    Gattuso replaced by Barnetta
    Di Natale replaced by Żurawski

Assuming Austria are as crap as the 101st team in the world my polish players must pick up a few points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Woooh! Top of the league after stage 1! Alright! yeah! go team! Good Hussle!

ahem. 81 points, happy out with that, a few slight tweeks needed still though i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055311576

I made that thread to focus on games and tactics for gameweek 2 I thought it might help conversation flow better use it if you agree, hope I'm not treading on someone's Karma

I made an absolutely inspired wild card decision yesterday - Akinfeev out, Isaksson in. Got me an extra 5 points.

Don't know how Xavi didn't get an assist for the last goal.

it came off the goaly, goalies assist, I suffered to.

my wildcard robben out sneijder in, but changed my mind and brought kranjckar in, still in tears over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Don't know how Xavi didn't get an assist for the last goal.

Same. I put him in as my Wildcard for Fabregas when I heard he wasn't starting...
    Also put in Koller in instead of Villa just before first round of matches.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Oh, i neglected my team a little i kinda forgot i entered:p I've 56 pts anyhow. It's all new to me but gave it a go! Didn't really read the rules properly but made a few transfers tonight and see how that pans out, my team is Irlchamps Čech, Lahm, Robert Kovač, Carvalho, Mellberg, Sneijder, Makelele, Kranjčar, Cristiano Ronaldo, Klose(Captain), Henrik Larsson
    With the following substitutes:
    Vennegoor

The wildcard yoke wouldnt work for me yday? i think i've one transfer left might get rid of kranjcar now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Out - Schweinsteiger Robben Olic Benzema

In - Podolski Pavlyuchenko Sneijder Smolarek

Cant believe the germans dont start Schweinsteiger, and i was pretty annoyed about the fact you dont get assists for getting a penalty in euro ff:(:(

curry-muff wrote: »
    cant Believe The Germans Dont Start Schweinsteiger, (:(

+1

• Advertisement

Cant believe the germans dont start Schweinsteiger

he has been pure ****e this year in his brief encounters with the bundesliga though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Ill admit i havent seen him in a while but he did show flashes of brilliance when he came on, if he got a full match id say he could easily re-establish himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

it came off the goaly, goalies assist, I suffered to.

That is utter ****e :mad:

Cant believe the germans dont start Schweinsteiger, and i was pretty annoyed about the fact you dont get assists for getting a penalty in euro ff:(:(

I can't believe they brought him on as a sub :mad:..... fritz was playing far better than he did when he came on... Cost me 5 points too.

I wonder who will start the next game. Please god leave fritz on for 60min :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Woooh! Top of the league after stage 1! Alright! yeah! go team! Good Hussle!

ahem. 81 points, happy out with that, a few slight tweeks needed still though i think.

Right behind you on 79 points.
    David Villa you absolute legend :D

Is this the correct interpretation of the Wild Card rule:

A Wild Card is available at the start of each gameweek, which is kick off of the first match in that game week. However, the wild card can't be used on a player who's team has already played/is still playing. Therefore, the wild card can never be used to ship out a player who is playing in the opening match of that gameweek?

Is that right? If so, that's abit ghey. Want to ship out Quaresma as he is not starting again, but I don't think it's actually possible.

Go on Ronaldo as captain. 31 points for 3 players. Not too shabby.:D

Go on Ronaldo as captain. 31 points for 3 players. Not too shabby.:D

34 points last night for my captain david villa.
    Outstanding, another 10 picked up there by deco.
    89 points and counting!

Viva Ronaldo and all that bollox! Was gonna change him as captain and forgot. Result!

88 points.

• Advertisement

Slipped to 5th, hoping for a big performance from Klose and Kranjkar tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

70 pints. Miles behind in the boards league, but sitting pretty on top of the league my friends set up. Proof that they suck at football related matters.
    Looking for a big performance by Klose tonight to keep my head above water.

Is this the correct interpretation of the Wild Card rule:

Therefore, the wild card can never be used to ship out a player who is playing in the opening match of that gameweek?

yes, I discovered this to my utter dismay yesterday when I had planned to wild card out a czech defender... but couldnt do it till the match started, and then couldnt do it because the match was started :rolleyes:

I kept faith with amrio gomez and ballack, also hopind dudka and a polish defender thrash austria today,
    i also have modric so today is a big day for me!

Good news - I have Darijo Srna.

Bad news - I also have Mertesacker and Metzelder. D'oh!

• Advertisement

What a disaster of a day. Only Modric's MOTM award has helped push me up. At least my cheap Polish player got an assist. Anyways, 45 points with Shirokov, Pavyluchenko and Iniesta to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Who got MOTM if not Boruc. Shambolic that he only has 3 points from that game

Edit: Wild card, Del Piero in, Ibra out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

**** sake. only 11 points from 4 players after that stupid ****ing penalty. and not to mention the ****ing Germans. morons the lot of them.

I'm playing my wild card too. Like Bubs I'm bringing in Del Piero and I'm doing it at the expense of Benzema. Might be a risk but I've two Dutch players in my team and at least now I can root for the Dutch all the way.

Feckin Poles conceding late on ballsed up my wild card and clean sheet for my random Polish defender. Got crap points from last night.

Still have Akinfeev, Xavi, Villa, Boulahrouz, Sneijder and Pavluychenko to go though.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 I think we must almost have an identical team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Pretty disastrous, 13 points from Modric,Ballack,Klose (C), Pepe,Senderos and a Polish defender :(
    Used my wildcard, Benzema out Del Piero In
    Really need Villa,Puyol,Sneijder,Del Piero and Akinfeev to do well now tbh

Xavi6 I think we must almost have an identical team.

Lol really? My other players are Corluka, Pepe, Metzelder, Ronaldo, Gomes and Fernandes as sub.

I have

akinfeev
    pepe
    carvalho
    Polish defender (golanski)
    xavi
    ballack
    dudka
    modric
    pavlyuchenko
    villa
    gomez
    Gyrgera

Its been a bad week so ar

Ah see having Ronaldo as skipper has served me well. Hoping for Spanish, Russian and Dutch wins now.

Hoping for a series of 1-1 draws tomorrow. That'll keep most of ye behind me. :D

Feckin Poles conceding late on ballsed up my wild card and clean sheet for my random Polish defender. Got crap points from last night.

+1 But to properly cheer on the spanish I need Mellberg out, so it was gonna happen one way or another.

Only 17 pt.s so far this week, but I still have Torres(C), Villa, Schneider, Sagnol, Gio Van B, and Arshavin left to play.

Will be looking for a big performance from Spain.

Edit: Only realised that Arse-shavings is still suspended! I thought it was only the first match. Sub is fooked as well as Emre is injured and didn't play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Edit: Only realised that Arse-shavings is still suspended! I thought it was only the first match.

someone somewhere was spreading misinformation on this. i heard that too, in fact i'm sure i read it more than once it was only the first match. caught me out too.

i have both Xavi and Iniesta in my team. wondering if i should wild card one out, as i can't decide between the two. another possibility is getting rid of Benzema... i'm tempted to hold onto him though. he looked the only player who might do something for France, and the team could well pull a performance out of the bag, if Domenech doesn't contrive to make this as difficult as possible. but then same about Del Piero... gargh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Plummetting Reading like towards the nether regions of the Boards league, God i am so crap at this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement