Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMPORTANT RE: Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Zenit St Talalght are sitting nicley at 14th, scored poorly last night but i think most people did. Still have Torres, sagnol, senna and Palyshelvenko (sp) to play this round so hopefully my strikers can get a few points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm after making a massive improvement. Up to 100. I think I was 138 before tonight. :cool: Transfering in Sneijder was a really good move as he got me 13 points. Ditching Thuram was important too. Also chuffed that I played my wild card and got rid of Benzema for Del Piero.

Hoping that Villa can get me a few goals tomorrow. I'm not sure if Pavlyuchenko will be fit though against the Greeks? :o

Edit: I may have got my answer on the Pavster...

http://www.fifa.com/confederationcup/news/newsid=801558.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

seems like everyone is having a bad week... i've managed to scramble my way back up to 16th because of Schnieder (why oh why didn't i make him my captain :() still, i've 2 Spaniards, a Russian and swede to play. hoping for a bit of luck to pull me back into the top 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Nicely up to 13th today ...

move_up.gif 13 gbx79 Gary Byrne 44 104:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Do you reckon any star men may be rested for teams who've already got through the group stages? Especially Holland since they're guaranteed first place aswell, but also Portugal,Croatia and possibly Spain after tomorrow?

Do you reckon any star men may be rested for teams who've already got through the group stages? Especially Holland since they're guaranteed first place aswell, but also Portugal,Croatia and possibly Spain after tomorrow?

definitely. it's hard enough ordinarily, but it's going to be a bitch trying to second guess next week. i reckon some of the smaller teams who've already gone out might play some of the squad players as well just to let them get the cap.

definitely. it's hard enough ordinarily, but it's going to be a bitch trying to second guess next week. i reckon some of the smaller teams who've already gone out might play some of the squad players as well just to let them get the cap.

Yeah, I've changed my captain from Ronaldo to Ballack already. So the teams so far who are still fighting are the Germans, the Austrians,the Czechs, the Turks,the Poles,the French, the Italians, the Romanians and probably the Russians and the Swedes after tomorrow.(expecting a Spanish win against the Greeks to pretty much put them out)

So my team has 2 Croats, 2 Portuguese and one Spanish, so with my 4 transfers + the wildcard I should be able to fill my team with players definitely starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thata biy Wesley Sneijder! Up to 9th now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

Only 4 points above ya Xavi. :)

Yep gonna be tight at the top after tonight. Got 4 players this evening so hoping for some more big points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Plummeted down to the 30's as a result of not having any Dutch players. Really must sort that out. But now that they're through it's going to be hard to know who'll play in the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm 2nd but its going to be hard to know who to play in the next game.Does it go on head to head or goals scored or allowed?

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm 2nd but its going to be hard to know who to play in the next game.Does it go on head to head or goals scored or allowed?

Head to head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

F***ing Poland, cant hang on for another 30 seconds... had Boruc in goal absolutely amazed he didnt get man of the match, and it has him down as making only 4 saves... wtf classes as a save i saw him making about 15? Had a Polish defender too so that crappy Austrian goal cost be an extra 8 points... only 33 so far for this week (should have stuck Ronnie as captain....)

Sitting on 93 points, 44th with Puyol and meine capitaine Torres to play today. Most embarrassing thing is my girlfriend stuck a team into this league, she posts on boards the odd time... shes 23 places ahead of me :eek:

COME ON TORRES!!

• Advertisement

Any word on Spain, are both Torres and Villa going to start again? have Torres but was thinking of doign a wildcard for Villa, although I think it has the potential to be a massive mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yeah unchanged team is the whispers out of the iberian peninsula.

Any word on Spain, are both Torres and Villa going to start again? have Torres but was thinking of doign a wildcard for Villa, although I think it has the potential to be a massive mistake!

Did you make the change?

Any ideas on who wont play next week?I'm finding it very hard to pick some decent midfielders cos I think that Ronaldo,Sneijder and Modric wont play.

I was nearly sick as a parrot about swapping Torres for Villa but he came good for me at the end. :pac:

The Pavster should have scored tonight though for the Ruskies. :rolleyes:

He got MOTM though so Pavy picked up a ouple of extra points.

• Advertisement

Unfortuantley,he was on my bench and I played Sebastien Larsson.A load omy players only got 1 point but I was saved by Ronaldo as my captain,Sneijder and Villa

Holy sh*t! :eek: I'm up to 48! I was 100 yesterday. My goal was to get into the top 50 so I'm well chuffed.

genericgoon was right. The Pavster got MOTM for Russia and Villa got MOTM for Spain and luckily I had Villa as my captain. Result! :D

bah... my one saving grace today was the wildcard to get rid of Benzema and put in Ibramhimovich. but then he ends up going off so i don't even get the two for the 60 mins. horrible week. means i've dropped 30 places :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I've had a nightmare, was at #23 now 100 and something:( fecked up anyway forgot to sub klose for larrson, wouldnt have made much difference anyway. Shipped out a rake of non-performers in much need transfers. Hoping to make an almighty comeback later in the week tho:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Progress finally. After getting shafted on the first match-week with players not starting and shoddy refs, the last two days have seen me jump from 135 to 35. If Torres and Villa had have been more lethal today it could have really been a good week.

Still, with alot of the better players potentially being rested next match-week, sweeping changes will be made.

Finally Arse-shavings can make his debut for Charlie's Yankees! :)

A massive 71 points for me sees my troops shoot up to 3rd spot, only 6 off the top :cool:

Akinfeev, Pav and Villa did me proud yesterday.

I am banking on two portugese defenders keeping a clean sheet against swiss tomorrow in a match that doesn't matter, i couldnt afford to sub them out of my team

subbed arsharvin in, with sionko klose and ribery, and once again have kept gomez in, well someone has to score with schwein and possibly podolski out.

Just changed my whole midfield. Ronaldo, Sneijder, Xavi and Fernandes out, Sionko, Quaresma, Modric and Pirlo in. Quite happy with that, I'll just but the others back for the next phase seeing as we get an extra 10 million to spend. Just gotta pick a skipper now.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just changed my whole midfield. Ronaldo, Sneijder, Xavi and Fernandes out, Sionko, Quaresma, Modric and Pirlo in. Quite happy with that, I'll just but the others back for the next phase seeing as we get an extra 10 million to spend. Just gotta pick a skipper now.

I've also brought in Sionko, Quaresma and Pirlo. Already had Modric, just hoping he'll start with Croatia through.

Thinking of Ibrahimovic for Villa. The Swedes still have to get through as well, but if Villa does play against Greece I could miss some massive points.

Well Ibra could be injured. Plus I've two Russians so I'm firmly behind them.

I've kept Villa in the hope that Torres is rested and not him. My sub can come in if he doesn't feature. Thinking about Modric as skipper due to him taking penos etc.

• Advertisement

I got rid of Ronaldo,Sneijder,Sebastien LArsson and Villa and got Pirlo,Quaresma,Fabregas and Henry in

I already have Quaresma, and i'm banking on him finally getting a start. I also had Modric, but I shipped him out, as I reckon he may get rested, didn't want to chance it.

Also dropped the croocked Emre, and Sneijder. Brought in Robben, Fabregas, and Arda Turan.

Im very tempted to play Turan, but that will mean dropping Arshavin, who I have been desperate to get a game in for. I just don't see the Ruskis mustering up much against that stubborn Swedish defence.

On the front line, I have kept Villa and dropped Torres. Brought in Klose, and i'm banking on him and the Germans looking to prove their worth against a lame Austrian defence.

I reckon I will be saving my wild card till the Spain match in case Villa or Fabregas aren't playing.

Holy sh*t! :eek: I'm up to 48! I was 100 yesterday. My goal was to get into the top 50 so I'm well chuffed.

genericgoon was right. The Pavster got MOTM for Russia and Villa got MOTM for Spain and luckily I had Villa as my captain. Result! :D

Did you ever doubt me? :p

Anyways, Modric, R. Kovac, C. Ronaldo and Iniesta out.

Ribery, Guerreiro, Zyrananov and Rat in.

So basically hoping, the Russians, the Czechs, the Poles, the French, the Romanians and the Germans do well.

Absolutely no idea who to put as captain.

I've a feeling this phase is going to make or break a lot of people.

Yeah definitely. Some people might get blind sided and have some of their better players rested.

Also, as a draw will do for some teams, their might be park the bus tactics after they go a goal up.

I think I will put my captain on a player I reckon few others will have, as now is the time to make the move. Once the knockouts arrive, everyone starts having similar looking teams.

Yeah agree with that. Was thinkin about Gomes as skipper but he's been bloody awful so far. Wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped. Other than that I'm stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I was gona keep Klose as captain although he hasn't looked very dangerous at all in the tournament so far, might give the captainancy to Arshavin, but I can Germany thumping Austria, Klose surely has to be good for some points?

From BBC -
    Podolski, scorer of all three of Germany's goals so far, is expected to partner Miroslav Klose, with Mario Gomez tipped to lose his place after two unconvincing displays.

Bollox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Definately worried about my midfielders and forwards playing, though i've decided to largely stick with my stars and hope they play. Back 5 are pretty safe as are 1 striker and 2midfielders, its Villa, Ronaldo and Silva im a little worried about...fingers crossed i wont be needing to call in Colin Kazim Kazim Kazim Kazim Kazim Kazim Kazim etc etc Richards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea definitely, its a bit of a lottery with injuries and rotations playing a part.

one other thing i'm worried about is players from the teams already through being rested if they've picked up a yellow

From BBC -

Bollox

Suprised at this tbh. I would have thought it was a certainty to happen had Pig Farmer not gotten his red, as he has looked alot more convincing than most other German players (bar Podolski) and had earned a start by now, but seeing as he is unavailable, what other options are there fro Germany?

Right it's gamblin time - Sionko as captain. Three goals in his last three interntaionals so fingers crossed he can do it again.

I went with Henry as my captain

titan18 wrote: »
    I went with Henry as my captain

Ballsy move, but these are the risks you have to take.

I have to say though, I think Italy/France will be a close game, but Italy will dominate for the most part.

Ballsy move, but these are the risks you have to take.

I have to say though, I think Italy/France will be a close game, but Italy will dominate for the most part.

I'm thinking that the speed of the French strikers will casue a load of problems for the Italians and Henry will get a lot of goals.It was a choice of him and Fabregas but other people would have gone with Fabregas I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

lads you should all calm down with the transfers...

you have until kick off today to make your changes....

Wait for the team sheets to come in for tonight then make your changes if you are planning on bringing in portuguese players or some czechs...

I'll be ditching some dutch boys.

Also, don't forget to you've got a wild card to be playing too.

I guess its too late for me to join the boards.ie league.....I'm on 143 pts :-)

Sitting at 29th now, was going mad that Pavalchencko didnt score last night with all them chances, still raging Progreback never got to play,

I got rid of Ronnie, Torres (i hope hes rested, if not il wildcard him or Villa back in have some spare cash), Senna and Semak and brought in Arshavin, Robben, Ribery and Sionko.

Made Klose my captain to, Austria are crap and he has to score

I got rid of Ronnie, Torres (i hope hes rested, if not il wildcard him or Villa back in have some spare cash), Senna and Semak and brought in Arshavin, Robben, Ribery and Sionko.

Cant spend more money in a wilcard than the player you're getting rid of.

Just made my transfers.

Out: Bosingwa, Ronaldo, Sneijder and Berezutski.

In: Ujfalusi, Sionko, Modric and Kolodin.

Really tough to know who will play in this one. I kept Benzema because I think Domenech will play him against the Italians. I kept Villa too but I'm questioning if that was a good move. I made the Pavster my captain as he's been a good buy for me throughout.

will it be possible for me to wildcard carvalho out in time?
    apparently i can't use wildcard till te gameweek starts

• Advertisement
Advertisement