Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMPORTANT RE: Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

will it be possible for me to wildcard carvalho out in time?
    apparently i can't use wildcard till te gameweek starts

Afraid not.

Didn't bring him in myself, but I wonder if many had a punt on Nani? Could be the man to set your team apart from others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

I did'nt get using the wildcard,wanted to swap Deco for Nani,as he was'nt playing,but the wildcard option had dissapeared off my "Latest points" page:mad:
    Anyone else have a similar experience ?

Invincible wrote: »
    I did'nt get using the wildcard,wanted to swap Deco for Nani,as he was'nt playing,but the wildcard option had dissapeared off my "Latest points" page:mad:
    Anyone else have a similar experience ?

Had this problem myself last time Portugal were playing. Basically, you only get a new wild card after the new match-week has commenced. However, a match week doesn't commence until kick-off of Group A's first match. Therefore, you cannot use your wild card on whoever plays first each match-week.

Tis really ghey, as it mainly affects Portugal and whoever they're playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Invincible

Had this problem myself last time Portugal were playing. Basically, you only get a new wild card after the new match-week has commenced. However, a match week doesn't commence until kick-off of Group A's first match. Therefore, you cannot use your wild card on whoever plays first each match-week.

Tis really ghey, as it mainly affects Portugal and whoever they're playing.

Ah,that's the way it is,thank's.
    It's a bit unfair on the Group A selections surely!

Invincible wrote: »
    It's a bit unfair on the Group A selections surely!

Definitely.

I think it may have been a bit of a glitch. Had they set the start ties for match-weeks like they do for the Premier on, then there would be no such problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

FOOK!

Just heard that Bilic plans on resting players on yellow cards which would rule out Srna and Modric who are both in my team. Thank goodness for the wildcard. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

FOOK!

Just heard that Bilic plans on resting players on yellow cards which would rule out Srna and Modric who are both in my team. Thank goodness for the wildcard. :pac:

Good job I took out Modric then so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thanks for the heads up. Modric out, Zyryanov in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Re transfers:
    If you transfer a player do you lose the points the leaving player has earned you?

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Re transfers:
    If you transfer a player do you lose the points the leaving player has earned you?

Nope. The points you've already earned are safe.
    Transfers will not deduct points from your total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well that was a horrible night. A mesely 13 points from 3 players, 10 of which came from my captain Sionko. At leasy he got an assist, otherwise I'd be fooked.

Disaster about Modric not playing. Might need to wildcard him out, though then I risk Villa and Gomez not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Xavi6 wrote: »

Disaster about Modric not playing. Might need to wildcard him out, though then I risk Villa and Gomez not playing.

Gomez should surely play as schweinsteigers out and podolski is in doubt with anke injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

dont be complaining xavi, i only got 5! still climbed up a few places tho! need klose to do the business for me tomorrow. I've no French or Italians so gonna keep my wild card for tues

BBC said that Podolski is grand. Gomez has been terrible in both games so I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched and maybe come on as an impact sub if things aren't going right.

Villa hopefully will play and not Torres.

A there or thereabouts haul of 9 points, all down to that man Arda Turan. Still it was enough to move me up 12 places from 35 to 23. Pepe and Quaresma could have really given me a dig out though. Portugal should not be conceeding to the Swiss team that we have seen in this tournament, and Quaresma bottled a couple of chances.

Still, I have got some big players left, and I will be looking for Klose as my captain to net at least 9 points.

Glad I got rid of Modric ;) Fabregas and Robben ftw!

Like kerash I only got 5 points too. Was looking good for me until charlie's mate Arda helped inspire the Turkish turnaround! Gutted I didn't go for him.

I've used my wildcard and swapped Modric for Poland's Guerreiro. I also subbed Srna for Russia's Kolodin. Now I'm rooting for the Poles. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

3 points from 3 players. :( And it was looking so good at half time. Anyways, cmon Ballack and Klose tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

3 points from 3 players. :( And it was looking so good at half time. Anyways, cmon Ballack and Klose tonight.

Ya,Same.Up to the 70 minute I had 14 points and I was like yay,but then crap happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hows everyone doing in their head to head competitions, I think its a great little extra feature. Have won my first 2 games and am 7-1 up in the third, looking good for a QF spot!

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hows everyone doing in their head to head competitions, I think its a great little extra feature. Have won my first 2 games and am 7-1 up in the third, looking good for a QF spot!

I don't quite understand it. I am top of my group, yet everyone has won one, lost one. However, for my first 2 games, it shows that I beat my two opponents, and I can't see where I have lost a game. Thus, I should be on 6 pt.s and one of my opponents should be on 0. Edit: Panic averted, I see where I went wrong.

9-1 up in the third match.

Played 2, won 2. 13-0 up so far against some lad from Oman and the clown left Ronaldo as captain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Played 2 won 2.I am down in the last game atm but It doesnt matter as I'm already through.There was a draw in one of the games

I wasn't even aware of the head to head thing! I'm top of my group having won 1 and lost 1 but I'm leading the last game 5-0. I'm in with a Malaysian, an American and an Italian guy.

Can't go to sleep til I know if Gomez/Modric are playing or not :(

• Advertisement

Have a tough wild card decision to make. I am tempted to use it now, and ship out Sagnol for a German defender. I just don't see the French keeping a clean sheet.

However, I have Fabreags and Villa in my team. Whilst I feel it is likely that Fabregas will get his game, I am not so sure about Villa. I would be gutted if I used the wild card now and Villa was rested. Then again, a German defender is the closet thing to sure fire 6 points.

Hmmm................(charlie's off to ponder)

Can't go to sleep til I know if Gomez/Modric are playing or not :(

Would seem Mordic is definitely out if Bilic is to be believed:
    "We are not crazy to risk the second yellows," admitted Bilic, before adding tonight's team will "have never before played together in an international game", but insisting, "I have no fear that they will embarrass us. I believe in this team, like I believe in all 23 players in the squad."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=738338

If he's bluffing I'm going to be devastated. :eek:

Yeah I suspected as much. No idea what midfielder to bring in. I need Gomez to start cause Villa might be rested too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Unreal, I didn't even realise there was a head-to-head! Nice feature alright. I'm top of my group, having won the first two rounds. Leading 9-0 so far in this one. In with three English guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

The Telegraph speculating on starting lineup for the Germany v Austria game

Xavi, Smolarek might be a good punt for a midfielder, the poles have been starting him up front and he's down in the game as a midfielder. its a gamble though, he's done sweet f all so far in the Euro's

Croatia v Poland team news
    SkySports wrote:
    Robert Kovac, Josip Simunic, Dario Srna and Luka Modric are all set to miss out as they have been booked already in the tournament, while the likes of Niko Kranjcar, Ivica Olic, Vedran Corluka and Niko Kovac may also be left out.

Maciej Zurawski is again out for Poland with a thigh injury so Marek Saganowski should play up front.

teams will prob be out in about half an hour

• Advertisement

Yeah I just put in that Guerrero lad or whatever his name is. Didn't want a Pole as now I have him playing against Corluka.

Feck it I'm off to bed, it's 1.40am here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Rumours that smolerak may be dropped, cant see it happening though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

from the BBC
    Some early team news for you. And it's a shock. Germany striker Mario Gomez keeps his place, despite his unconvincing form so far. That means three-goal Lukas Podolski stays on the left wing.

Happy birthday Xavi6 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah I just put in that Guerrero lad or whatever his name is. Didn't want a Pole as now I have him playing against Corluka.

Feck it I'm off to bed, it's 1.40am here

Did the same, put him in for Modric. You dont have to worry about corluka though...he's not starting :( (according to sportinglife)
    looks a very weak croatian team so hopefully guerrero can do some damage...
    gonna be a nightmare week for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Klose better perform tonight

Had Ballack as captain. Happy days as he also got MOTM. 22 points from him, enough to salvage something from this week. :D Anyways, 31 points with Mellberg,Ribery, Zyryanov and Pavy to play.

That's a great return, genericgoon.

I got 14 points tonight mainly through Metzelder and Mertesacker keeping a clean sheet so I'm happy enough with that. I'm hoping that Benzema and Engelaar get a run out tomorrow for France and Holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

klose still hasn't done the business:mad:he's fired! the Grench should pull it out of the bag for me tomorrow night against the Italians:rolleyes:

A big Yay! for first half injuries! Corluka comes on and keeps a nice clean sheet. A solid 29 points with Villa (fingers crossed), Pavy, Akinfeev and Pirlo still to come.

Only 1 point off top spot now.

same time every night xavi6,

i am having an awful time, happy to give up.

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    klose still hasn't done the business:mad:he's fired! the Grench should pull it out of the bag for me tomorrow night against the Italians:rolleyes:

tell me about it:( hoping sneijder, van bronk and wildcard mutu do something tomorrow...

Fingers crossed Sneijder's given a rest.

Fingers crossed Sneijder's given a rest.

why dont you just ... :D

p.s. I hear pirlo's washin his hair tomorrow...

Ha ha really?

News just reaching me that Mutu's been forced to pull out after doing a bad line last night. Unlucky.

Have Villa in my side, but now I am starting to hope he is dropped. A fair few people above me have him and have used their wild card. It would be nice and sneaky if he were dropped, and I used my wild card to bring in a fit and on form Ibra.

Got shafted earlier with Bilic deciding to mix it up on the goalkeeping front.

Big Boo urns as well to Klose. How Germany couldn't muster up the will to knock a few past the Austrians is beyond me.

Big hopes for Robben, Fabregas, Arshavin, and Villa/Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I doubt Villa will start. In fact I think Aragones will make 10 or 11 changes to the starting lineup. Villa will probably get some time in the second half. Maybe Torres too.

Tbh, anybody who kept Portugeuse,Croatain, Dutch or Spanish players is/was taking a big risk. Thankfully, my team had been mainly made of decect teams and not the favourites so the only player from those I had left was Ferreria.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I don't think I'll be top after tonight....had to play a wild card to cover me ass!
    I enjoyed it while it lasted!

Hopefully va va voom will go on a scoring spree tonight!!!

Crud! Sagnol and Gio Van B both dropped. Will have to bring in Grosso for one of them, but which one. I reckon Sagnol has a better chance of getting on than Gio.

• Advertisement

do you? i'd say gio is more likely as he can play in midfield

Advertisement