Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMPORTANT RE: Euro 2008 Fantasy Football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

His pregnant missus was rushed to hospital and their baby was born premature and died. Very sad stuff. He's returned to the squad though today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

An all Croatian defence is a risk I'm willing to take, fck it if it backfires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Xavi6 wrote: »
    His pregnant missus was rushed to hospital and their baby was born premature and died. Very sad stuff. He's returned to the squad though today.

Poor guy :(

Yeah but feck it, he's staying in. I have Pepe in reserve if he's dropped.

Ok the final line up is -

Pletikosa

Corluka
    Boulahrouz
    Capdevilla

Ronaldo
    Sneijder (C)
    Ballack
    Modric

Villa
    Van Nistelrooy
    Podolski

Sub: Pepe

Sneijder's just been so impressive so far and with most people likely to choose a striker as captain I'm hoping he can nick a goal and get those extra points.

Best of luck all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Haven't fully settled on it but at the moment I'm going for

Van Der Sar
    Van Bronckhorst --- Pranjic --- Capdevila
    Sneijder --- Ronaldo --- Silva --- Modric
    Villa --- Kahveci --- Podolski

Sub: Pepe

Taking a bit of risk with Silva and Kahveci that they can produce something. Obviously hoping Holland and Spain do the business in their games too.

Haven't decided on captain. Toss up between Sneijder, Villa and Modric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I've went for mostly Croat, Dutch & Spanish.

VDS

Simunic
    Corluka
    VanBroncko

Ronaldo
    Modric
    Srna
    Silva

Torres
    Olic
    Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Almost settled on

Pletikosa

Pranjić
    Van Bronckhorst
    Lahm

Ballack
    Deco
    Sneijder
    Robben

Toni
    Van Nistelrooy (c)
    Torres

Still a couple of hours left for changes. Had to put a couple of gambles in there to try to get into some sort of decent position, cause things are gonna stagnate after this round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

If Pig Farmer gets the start, i'm gonna swap Ronaldo and Arda for him and Deco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I see a lot of people are gambling with their captain. I was going to do something similar and stick it on Modric but I'm playing safe and sticking it on Villa because I figure either him or Torres (maybe both) are bound to score against the Italians.

Just checked my head to head and I topped my group and I'm playing some Turkish lad. No idea what his team is though. I'm the only Irish guy in the last eight so it's a matter of national pride now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Just checked my head to head and I topped my group and I'm playing some Turkish lad. No idea what his team is though. I'm the only Irish guy in the last eight so it's a matter of national pride now. :D

Exactly the same scenario for me. Hope the Turks get stuffed cause they'll almost definitely have a couple of their players. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

totally forgot about fantasy football, just stopped into an internet cafe to do it (how sad is that!). With the money raise there's pretty much no limit anymore. Happy enough with mind now, tim it deemes heavily on the teams i expect to get through actually getting though. Portugal, spain, holland and croatia. Only 1 portugal player though, not so confident with them

Posted via Mobile Device

Last minute change: Turan and Ronaldo out; Deco and Schweinsteiger in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

so far
    Casillas
    Lamh Pranjic CarvalhoCorluka Van Bronkhorst
    Sneijder Deco Fabregas Ronaldo(C)
    Klasnic Villa
    sub Van Nistelrooy

Always had Klose but my confidence in him is gone.. Goalkeeper was difficult choice, i think the Turks may score against Croatia so went with Spanish keeper in the end, no Italians - cos no belief in them! I think and Germany will be beat tonight. I've chosen Deco but still torn between him and Modric:confused: Thinking about droppin Carvalho for corluka now.... Ah i'm all confused:eek:

Final decisions made
    * Čech replaced by Casillas
    * R.Kovač replaced by Pranjić
    * Carvalho replaced by Ćorluka
    * Inler replaced by Deco
    * Korkmaz replaced by Fàbregas
    * Klose replaced by Van Nistelrooy
    * H. Larsson replaced by Klasnić

:)

:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm definately going to win my head to head.Hes got 2 Poles and a Cech.Also has Zambrotta and Toni(whos never going to score)

Gah, one thing I hate about McD's format is that a player who's shot is saved but then put away on the rebound doesn't get an assist. No assist from Ronaldo :(

kerash wrote: »
    Always had Klose but my confidence in him is gone

Hate that. ;)

I had two German players - Klose and Ballack. Happy days. :cool:

Ballack and Podolski for me. Podolski's assist means I didn't mind too much my transfer out of Klose. An inspired desicion for Charlie to bring in Schweinsteiger though. Well done sir, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Hate that. ;)

I had two German players - Klose and Ballack. Happy days. :cool:

My head hurts from banging it off the wall:mad::(

• Advertisement

Klose and Schweinsteiger saw me climb from 30 to 16. I knew my faith in the Pig Farmer would pay off.

Joint second now, 9 points off the pace. He's had his captain play already though so if Sneijder can pull something out of the bag I could be right up there. He also has no Croats at the back and Nihat up front so come on Croatian clean sheet!

Once again Ronaldo fails to deliver but having Ballack and Podolski has done well for me.

Joint second now, 9 points off the pace. He's had his captain play already though so if Sneijder can pull something out of the bag I could be right up there. He also has no Croats at the back and Nihat up front so come on Croatian clean sheet!

Once again Ronaldo fails to deliver but having Ballack and Podolski has done well for me.

Fair play Xavi. From keeping up with your posts, you have done little wrong, and made the right moves as well as one can generally hope when playing Fantasy.

I reckon the Dutch game will make or break your matchweek.

Yeah big time. I need a Croatian clean sheet tonight and the Dutch to score a hat full against that ropey Russian defence. Gonna be an exciting few days!

I also need the Croatians to avoid conceding and hopefully a big performance from Modric. I fancy 2-0 to Croatia.

Anyone planning on using their wildcard? I'm not sure if I'll need it.

Anyone planning on using their wildcard? I'm not sure if I'll need it.

I'll just keep an eye out for any surprise benchings. TBH, unlimted transfers, extra lolly, and the bar on players from the same team being removed, all means that you'd want to be some slacker to still need to use your wildcard.

I may use mine to leave out Boulahrouz if he's not gonna start for the Dutch.

22-9 down in the Heads up. He has had 6 players played already including his capt (Ronaldo). 3 of mine have played with my capt still to play.

Of the players left to play, we both have Van Bronkhurst, the rest are different.

I'm worried, though, points on the board and all that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

KevIRL wrote: »
    22-9 down in the Heads up. He has had 6 players played already including his capt (Ronaldo). 3 of mine have played with my capt still to play.

Of the players left to play, we both have Van Bronkhurst, the rest are different.

I'm worried, though, points on the board and all that....

seems to me like your in a better position tbh.

my captain was ronaldo too, complete wastage, 10 points with 4 played. not happy at all

if there isnt 1 clean sheet in the quarters this is going to be a very tight round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Are the points decided on 90 mins or do they include ET if needed ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I may use mine to leave out Boulahrouz if he's not gonna start for the Dutch.

he is going to start now seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

ugh first I had klose who gave the pass for gomez for what was then the miss of the tournament, needless to say i also have modric

wardie wrote: »
    Are the points decided on 90 mins or do they include ET if needed ??

It includes extra time

titan18 wrote: »
    It includes extra time

does it add in extra time? i.e if a team havent conceeded a goal by the end of ET do defenders get 2 x 4 points for 120 mins clean sheet?

That crappy goal just cost me 9 points

titan18 wrote: »
    That crappy goal just cost me 9 points

It cost me 12, but a fair few people ahead of me will be in the same boat.

It's a seriously bent rule though. Extra-time heavily favours midfield and forward players, giving them even more time to rack up goals and assists. Whilst for Keepers and defenders it punishes them if they have kept a clean sheet (but their teamates have failed to score) by lengthening the task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

It's a seriously bent rule though. Extra-time heavily favours midfield and forward players, giving them even more time to rack up goals and assists. Whilst for Keepers and defenders it punishes them if they have kept a clean sheet (but their teamates have failed to score) by lengthening the task.

It cost me 12 too, and yes the rule is bent, that's what happens when you use a system designed for 90 minute premier league matches for a knockout tournament :/

sionnach wrote: »
    It cost me 12 too, and yes the rule is bent, that's what happens when you use a system designed for 90 minute premier league matches for a knockout tournament :/

It wouldn't be that hard though to adjust it so that once extra time begins, only goals scored, assists, and bookings/sendings off count. It would have to be that, or provide extra points should the defenders/keeper keep another clean sheet for the duration of extra time.

Oh bloody hell I didn't know it included Extra-Time! On the plus side though I had Luka Modric and his assist gave me a few points.

I'm now up to 25 which is my highest position yet. Only 6 points off my target of a top twenty finish.

Just need to think about whether or not I should make a gamble and use my wildcard. The drama of that game makes me think that maybe anything could happen in the next two games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I'm still top :-)

I might need to use the wild card tomorrow.

I think I think about fantasy football too much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

completely forgot about selecting my team for the quarters :<

I might need to use the wild card tomorrow.

When is the deadline for using? The match kick-off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

When is the deadline for using? The match kick-off?

Yeehaw:)

Smegball wrote: »
    Yeehaw:)

Cool. Might wait to see what side Van Basten puts on the pitch. I've read that he might deploy an attacking 4-3-3 formation which would be a bit of a surprise.

Miss out on the points for Pranjic but considering how many on here had a Croat heavy defense I wasnt completly unhappy when the goal went in .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Miss out on the points for Pranjic but considering how many on here had a Croat heavy defense I wasnt completly unhappy when the goal went in .:D

you.

Feck that late goal anyway, after costing me top spot. Still joint second, 7 off first.

I'll be lacing my team with Germans for the semi considering how many Turks are suspended.

Disaster. Not only losing two clean sheets but I used my wildcard to take Klasnic out before kick-off when I saw he wasn't starting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,850 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It foopin cost me 16 points. Thats absolutely pants. INJURY TIME goal in EXTRA TIME loses 4 clean sheets for me. Loada balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Damn, my Croatian defender only got two points despite playing 120 minutes and not conceding in 90mins (well 120 if we wanna get really technical).
    Players should get a bonus point for completing extra time, defenders should get their clean sheet bonus after 90mins and an extra one if they keep a clean sheet in extra time.
    Damn rules. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement