Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting bad feedback on Xbox live

• 31-05-2008 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I play online a lot but always Battlestations: Midway
    FPS are not my thing so I don't realy play Halo, COD4, etc.

I've gotten quite good and win far more often lose and have a few players comment they see me around a lot

But my feedback rating is 55% and most of that is for "trash talk"
    But I don't have a microphone so it isn't possible.

Can I get Microsoft to review this. Or is it not important and nobody takes it seriously? I'm hurt :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I had the same experience with PGR3 and pretty much stopped playing online due to it. (didn't even bother playing PGR4 online because of it:()
    Online play is all fine and dandy, but if some sad bastard can't take being beaten and has to report you for trash talk... then that kind of sours the whole experience for me.
    I guess you could report it to MS, but it doesn't really seem worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

I wouldn't worry about it. It doesn't really affect you.

Just forget about it and enjoy your gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Just forget about it. It is only rep at the end of the day. All your doing is playing a game online that you happen to be good at and when people lose to you, they take it way too seriously like their life is now over! Mine is like 57% preffered, mostly coz people can't take losing in DoA4.
    Happy gaming! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

micmclo wrote: »
    FPS are not my thing so I don't realy play Halo, COD4, etc.

I've gotten quite good and win far more often lose and have a few players comment they see me around a lot

But my feedback rating is 55% and most of that is for "trash talk"
    But I don't have a microphone so it isn't possible.

Can I get Microsoft to review this. Or is it not important and nobody takes it seriously? I'm hurt :(

ah man you shouldn't be trash talking people on xbox live, bad manners.

ONLY MESSING!!!!:D:D:D:D

nah forget about it it makes no difference and besides just get aload of your friends on xbox live to make you a preffered player and your feedback will shoot up!!!

sure add me giarc17 and i will make you a preferred player.

bad feedback will only effect you if you let it. so just dont care about it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The whole stars thing and feedback confuses me. I played some guy in pro evo and lets just say, no-one would want to play this type of person in any games so gave him bad feedback and he was on 3 and a half stars, but once I gave bad feedback it went up to 4 stars :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Unearthly wrote: »
    The whole stars thing and feedback confuses me. I played some guy in pro evo and lets just say, no-one would want to play this type of person in any games so gave him bad feedback and he was on 3 and a half stars, but once I gave bad feedback it went up to 4 stars :confused:

cant understand that myself then again i only gave one person bad feedback before(well about 7 people in the game did aswell cause he wouldnt stop singing 'to the left' by beyoncé!!

dont ever know what happen to him.

anyway after giving him bad feedback his stars went up:confused::confused:

maybe at the same time 2 people gave him good feedback, or i cant believe im saying this but he found away to get good feedback out of people giving him bad feedback and is the reason he was talking trash in the game!!

either way it doesnt matter as if he really is just an asshole people are going to want to play with him so it doesnt really matter.

but i hope you won the match anyway!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The best thing we can do is all form a Boards.ie loose clan thing and play among ourselves....

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

DeVore wrote: »
    The best thing we can do is all form a Boards.ie loose clan thing and play among ourselves....

DeV.

What he said :D

did have some guy message me asking to give him bad rep??? the muppet alarms went off and ignored him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I wouldn't worry about it, no one looks at your stars when starting a game and it means you won't be matchmaked with anyone who gives you neg rep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

micmclo wrote: »

this happens alot in partiuclar BS: Midway . Back in the day when I played this alot and was in top 200 ranked players I would get loads of invites to games.

Course when I went and trounced them I got given bad rep for "gamer ability" or "quitting early".

Seems to be a thing with BS: Midway because the online games can go on for up to 2 hours at a time people hate to spend all that time playing and then lose. Course they'll then bad rep you or if they are the host quite early :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement