Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band Drums - model number check!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Cully wrote: »
    On that note.. have you noticed that they've modded the broken pedal in HMV Henry Street with Cardboard, and just sellotaped it in HMV Grafton? That's a good advertisement for the game. "Buy this and it'll break in 2 weeks"

I was just playing on that last week when I was there :p

Still managed to pass maps on hard with it :cool:

Oh and here's a nice trick for anyone who is playing in rock band in a shop,at the main menu press back and it will bring you to the "press start" screen,hit r,y,b,r,r,b,b,r,y,b and it will unlock all songs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thanks, let us know what they are like so & how long they took to arrive!

Might invest in a set if they are any good, badly need them...the noise is a total pain....

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Thanks, let us know what they are like so & how long they took to arrive!

Might invest in a set if they are any good, badly need them...the noise is a total pain....

They arrived today which is 6 days from order and that includes a weekend so...4 business days! Really fast! I had a quick test of them before heading to work and whilst they pretty much get rid of the "coconut effect" theres still a noticable bass in the room underneath. I'm going to try mounting the drums on a towel or some cushions or something like that later on to see if I can get rid of this.

They recommend only using 2 covers for the EL model which I have but you really have to use 4 to quieten it enough for playing. Since it's tied so tightly it doesn't seem to effect the sensitivity of the drums too much but I only played through 1 song (Beatlebum on Easy) and didn't miss any notes due to the drums. I'm going to have to test it more before I can determine if there's any lost notes but for sound elimination I'd definitely recommend them!

I no longer put my bandmates off with my loud playing and it didn't effect the mic of the singer anymore when I was playing so thumbs up! :D

To follow up my last post - the covers haven't negatively effected my performances at all. As for dampening the sound through the floor, my advice is not to waste your time. I put down the drums on a large wooden board on top of a 1ft thick packing foam (the looks I got carrying that home on the train!) twice the area of the drums and then put that on top of a mattress.

From the room underneath it still sounded like someone was knocking on the floor! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I might have to invest in these as the noise is brutal, i think its better worse, they are beginning to rattle too...anyone else getting the rattling?

No Idea what the noise is like downstairs from the drums, I wont be asking the person that lives there anyways...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm in a house and my xbox is on the ground floor - no problems!

I just wanted to follow up on NVF's comments (and thank him!) for his recommendations on the drum mufflers.

Ordered last Thursday or Friday, and received yesterday. Incredibly professional and well made - plenty of extra padding for customising the sound to your preference (16 padded disks in total - you can add 4 under each drum cover - I just used 2). They make a big difference to sound, but definitely affected the sensitivity of the drum heads (I have ELs). I'm going to do the coin trick (as posted by basquille in the top post of this thread) and see if that helps.

I took off one of the drum heads last night, so its a piece of cake to do. I'm away until the weekend, so I'll do it then and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Left me know how the coin trick works Dave. Just finishing GTA IV now so some heavy doses of Rock Band is next up!

Might order the drum mufflers also.

Hang on until I try the coins Brian... the reduction in sensitivity is a game killer if the coin trick doesn't work. I'll let you know on Friday night...

OK did it last night and it worked a treat. I created little bundles of 5c pieces using sellotape and put them behind the drum heads as mentioned in the OP. I actually passed the track I was stuck on too, first time, so I'm back rocking. :)

Watch out for the oil on the drum head connectors though... keep a teatowel or something similar nearby to wipe your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Excellent Dave.. thanks for that.

Will give it a shot tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the info. I'll be sure to do that too if I notice any sensitivity loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

The coinmod works awesomely on the ELs. I am a bit wary of the covers on an EL though.... Do any of you guys with the EL covers play on expert? I'm not really interested if you think it works and you play on easy or medium (sorry, but I believe that you can only really test it properly on scary stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I think i'll try the coin-mod on my EL drums later today,is there anyhing i should know?

Advertisement