Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats the longest you've ever stayed in the same hostel?

• 31-05-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

so how long was it?im in the same hostel for a week and im really sick of it but because im looking for work il have to make do...i have backpacked around lots of different hostels however atm im finding it a bit sh/t.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

that's the beauty of hostels if one is **** just move to the next one....

I spent 3mts in one....sme of the best crack i've ever had.....if you bump into the right crew in the right place stay until the partys over...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

This is my 4th time in the one I'm currently in since the end of March. My longest stint here was about 3 weeks. I've been doing a course and leaving for a bit when I get a chance but I feel like I've been here forever. It would be good craic but everyonoe I get to know leaves pretty soon, not a whole lot to do in Kuala Lumpur. And it's €7 a beer in some clubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

3 months but that was in a kind of long termer hostel in Auckland while I was working, I just couldnt be bothered with finding a proper room in the city for such a short time. The trick with staying long term in a hostel is to grab the bottom bunk at the first available opportunity:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Garthicus

2 months in a place in Sydney, we had the run of the place, it was fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

4 Nights... Haha!! Keep on moving around...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

2 and a half months in a hostel in Melbourne.

Loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

1 Month whilst looking for work....GORGEOUS hostel though, more like a hotel.

www.moanalodge.co.nz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

3 weeks. It was a hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

6 weeks in Perth. Brilliant Hostel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Garthicus wrote: »
    2 months in a place in Sydney, we had the run of the place, it was fantastic!

Where abouts was that? any chance you could pm me details?

Thnx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tdp-carol

The longest I have ever stayed in one hostel isn't actually all that long really. I think it was when I spent one week in the youth hostel on Kloveniersburgwal in Amsterdam - totally brilliant place. Full of travellers from all over, and the hostel had its own bar/restaurant which was quite a cool place to meet people.

Loads to see in Amsterdam - that's why I stayed for one week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Two and a half months in a hell of place an hour south of Cairns, Queensland. Working on a banana farm. The town, the hostel, the people, just a hell hole! But what you gotta do for a second visa! (well, no. If since learnt there are easier ways to get a visa!! Wouldn't change it though, great an expericence!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

4 months in Melbourne. Loved it. Nearly everyone stayed ages there and the people that left always came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tdp-carol

Larianne wrote: »
    Two and a half months in a hell of place an hour south of Cairns, Queensland. Working on a banana farm. The town, the hostel, the people, just a hell hole! But what you gotta do for a second visa! (well, no. If since learnt there are easier ways to get a visa!! Wouldn't change it though, great an expericence!)

I have heard that Queensland is a bit reactionary and old fashioned. How did you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭St_Crispin

Spent 4 weeks in one in taganga in colombia. It was only ment to be a week but I was travelling with two disasters on legs. First one twists her ankle. So we rest up for a few days. Then we start our diving course. And one gets an ear infection. So we rest up for a few days. Then we start diving again. One gets a massive stomach infection. That added on another couple of weeks.

On the plus side, it was a brand new hostel and we were the first people in there. The owner was great and would have beers with us in the evenings. And it's probably the shinest hostel I've ever seen.

Advertisement