Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners looking for advice

Options
  • 31-05-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

For some reason, my original post was deleted, but it's important that people browsing this forum rather than the feedback forum know about the implications of the maps issue...

Recent events on this forum will unfortunately mean that most intermediate or experienced surfers will now not read or respond to requests from beginners looking for advice on that new board, technique, accomodation, travel, etc. This is not an attack on the Boards.ie, just an obvious statement of fact.

And it's a shame because most posters on this forum are beginners looking for advice on that new board, technique, accomodation, travel, etc. But there you go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

This post is extremely unhelpful and serves no purpose, it is a swipe at boards.ie, whether you want to admit it or not.

It seems to me that there are plenty of experienced surfers still around, available to assist newbie surfers with questions.

Don't tar all of the more experienced surfers, who are boards members, with the same brush. They don't all agree with the intimidation and bullying tactics as evidenced over the past few days. I'm going to lock this now, Beruthiel if you want to re-open or delete, feel free.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ReefBreak wrote: »
    For some reason, my original post was deleted, but it's important that people browsing this forum rather than the feedback forum know about the implications of the maps issue...

Recent events on this forum will unfortunately mean that most intermediate or experienced surfers will now not read or respond to requests from beginners looking for advice on that new board, technique, accomodation, travel, etc. This is not an attack on the Boards.ie, just an obvious statement of fact.

Sulking is never attractive.
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement