Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jericho Fans Aren't Giving Up...

• 31-05-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭

These guys are tenacious, I'll give them that...
    Show's faithful put up billboard in Los Angeles asking for someone, anyone, to pick up the canceled drama.

If people fought for causes the way Jericho fans have fought for their favorite show, there would be world peace, no climate crisis, and smiles on the faces of children everywhere.

Can a billboard save Jericho?.

Well, that may be a stretch, but those who love Jericho are a devout bunch. They organized the feel-good story of 2007, plotting a save-the-show campaign that actually worked. Upon truckload after truckload of nuts delivered to CBS, the network lifted its cancellation order and brought the show back for a seven-episode second season.

Unfortunately, viewers still didn't tune in the way CBS hoped, and the show was once again put to rest.

But a little thing like that isn't going to keep Jericho fans down. They still believe there is plenty more Jericho left to be shown, even if it isn't on CBS. So what have they done now?

They've rented a billboard in Los Angeles.

The giant sign is located on Ventura Boulevard near Vineland and is in the form of a faux-real-estate sign basically stating that Jericho is for sale. It promises 6 million fans and lists the phone number of Jericho's production house, CBS Paramount, and a Web site for more information.

The sign was funded by donations from fans and went up earlier this week. It's expected to remain up for a month. And the kicker? CBS owns the billboard.

But Jericho fans aren't stopping there. They're taking the campaign to the next level and are attempting to buy television ads promoting their cause. The idea is to get ads up on Time-Warner Cable in Los Angeles in hopes that they'll catch a producer's eye who will then revive the show.

Interesting idea, but it's going to cost them. According to one of the organizers, the cost to get ads on the cable service is $6,500. But as of a few days ago, the fans were already more than halfway there.

More (plus pic of billboard): http://www.tv.com/jericho/show/58068/story/11342.html?tag=story_list;title;0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fair play to them. Jericho was a good show that did not deserve to be cancelled.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Man that's persistence for you. Does anyone else think that it would be better to use the money to buy a load of Jericho merchandise. If they bought the dvds for friends and families then it would the sales would show it's quite popular and maybe more people who hadn't seen it would get interested in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Man that's persistence for you. Does anyone else think that it would be better to use the money to buy a load of Jericho merchandise. If they bought the dvds for friends and families then it would the sales would show it's quite popular and maybe more people who hadn't seen it would get interested in it.

Sure if they got all 6 million of them to give a tenner each then they would be sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

:eek:

Those guys are my heroes.

Though the writers would have their work cut out for them if it came back, the way it ended. I wonder if they'd consider starting with the cliff-hanger ending that CBS never aired and pretended the other didn't happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's a really great effort. I'd love to see the show picked up for a third season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I love Jericho. Definitely a show that had much more life in it. I would love to see it picked up by a different network but if it hasn't by now it looks fairly bleak.

Hats off to the fans though. Probably the most committed fans of any show anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Good on these boys.

I have always championed Jericho as a show, and whilst I am a Lost fan, Jericho imo moved at a pace that Lost could only dream of. The reason I guess that it never got big is probably a combo of no name actors being involved and poor poor scheduling from CBS. I really think CBS never had their heart in the show.

If it got picked up by someone like Sci-fi, we could see another 2-3 seasons. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Mr.S wrote: »
    they could still do a lot with the ending they aired, but i really hope we get to see the alternative ending, on dvd or something

Alternative ending now released

Advertisement