Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellys brand bicycles

Options
  • 31-05-2008 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Folks,
    Was looking at a couple of Kellys bicycles; Neos / Axis or Saphix they are hybrid cross models.
    They seem to do a full range of bikes, made in the US, Aluminium frames and Shimano gears.
    Has anybody any experience of them, the models above range in price from €500 to €399.

Any opinions?
    Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Where you see 'em?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think Commuting Solutions sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've seen good range of them in Hollingsworth in Templeogue and the bike shop in Rathgar.
    Don't know anything about them really, think there was a thread on them a while back. They seem to have appeared in few places recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

I got the IRC 5.9 road bike last Friday. I'm very happy with it, although it's my first road bike so I don't have any to compare it to.

http://www.kellys-bicycles.com/index.php?module=catalog&country=ie&cPath=1_213_219&pID=15402

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

That IRC 5.9 looks like a nice bike - how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

I got it for €1350 in Worldwide Cycles in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

I just bought one of these - any comments or experience with them ?

http://www.kellys-bicycles.com/index.php?module=catalog&cPath=1_213_217&pID=15389

Just wanted something basic for forrest trails. 380 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

We own a shop in the NW of the country and we started stocking a few of these last year.

I'd actually say that when you compare them componant for componant with an equally priced Giant or Trek machine, the Kellys are much better bang for buck.

They have some nice Hybrid Roads at around the €450 mark.

The only thing is because they're a new brand they don't have the same rep as some of the other machines in the shop. But I'd definately consider one if I was purchasing

Advertisement