Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting PS2 Controller

Options
  • 31-05-2008 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Followed the manual to the letter and it still won't connect, load of bollox considering how long i was driving aroun tryin to find it...

Any ideas on how to get this working?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Krsnik87 wrote: »
    Followed the manual to the letter and it still won't connect, load of bollox considering how long i was driving aroun tryin to find it...

Any ideas on how to get this working?

Cheers.

It's gonna be difficult to help when you provided little or no specifics to the problem. But i'll see if i can help anyway as part of my daily brain training.

If it's a wired PS2 controller, it should just work right off the bat. If not, get it replaced.

If it's wireless. First thing to do is check the obvious, are the batteries in the right way etc? I usually plug in the wireless receiver in first in the first control port. It should then have a flashing red LED (at least the first wireless GH controller for the PS2 was white, with a red LED). There should also be a red LED on the back of the guitar, with a power switch.

If they're not connecting, power off the guitar a couple of times and try again. It could also be a dodgy set of batteries that came with the controller (it happens sometimes!), so try changing those.

Failing all that, you're probably looking at a defective controller, take it back and get a new one.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

Didn't work, controller must be faulty... Bringing it back tomorrow and see if I can get a wired controller, less stress.

Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Krsnik87 wrote: »
    Didn't work, controller must be faulty... Bringing it back tomorrow and see if I can get a wired controller, less stress.

Thanks anyway :)

I don't think wired controllers are sold seperately. But a replacement wireless controller should be alright, i think in this case you were just sh*t out of luck.

But i've had my PS2 one a year now and there's been no problem with it.
    Good luck. :)

VR!

Advertisement