Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1Kg of Turkey breast that needs cooking - Help!!!!!

• 31-05-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Its actually 10Kg of turkey breast!!!

My boyfriend (bodybuilder) picked up pver a 1Kg of frozen turkey breast but stupidily let it defrost!!
    I obviously need to cook all this breast, but what the heck can I do with it once cooked!!???

Apart from the normal curry, does anyone have any nice recipes for cooked turkey breast?

thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Well at Christmas I make a turkey and ham pie with leftovers.

You could get some pancetta, or just some rashers to put in with it. Cook them in a pan with some onion and garlic. Add some turkey, and some stock. Put in mushrooms, peas, carrots, sweetcorn etc etc whatever you feel like. Some mustard and some cream. Let it thicken. If you have fresh herbs like thyme and sage add some of those too.

Put it into an oven proof dish and cover with a pastry lid, either making your own short crust or shop bought. Glaze with a bit of milk or a beaten egg. Put into hot oven till golden brown, about 20 mins.

Eat, it's really tasty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Once it's cooked and cooled you can freeze slices of it for future salads and sandwiches.
    Meat that has been frozen while raw can be frozen again after it's been cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Take half the meat and marinade it in a combination of oil, lime, garlic and honey,.

The other half should be diced in smallish bits and left to sit in some hazelnut yogurt.

Go back to the first bit after a couple of hours.

slowly. really slowly, heat a pan.. when you get a sizzle, add some onions and a teeny bit of water, only enough that the onions wont scream.
    when still really hot, add the chicken.
    When the chicken is white reduce the temp, add some chilli, some soy, some seasoning and some veg stock.
    Reduce this and you should have a very tasty full flavored dish that can be served with a nice sieved mash or noodles.

For dish one,.....
    Once marinaded;.

Get some kaffir lime leaves. some oil, some fresh garlic, some hot sauce, some lime or lemon rind, and combine all in a hot pan.
    when combined, add Cream, more yogurt, cornflour and at least four spoons of hot Indian curry powder.
    Blend really slowly with a sieved whisk, untill all the powder is combined.
    Add a tad more yogurt and allow to combine;

B

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

those recipes sound really yummy - next stop the Asian shop for more kaffir lime leaves!

As my BF is training, all he eats is chicken and turkey - and I am really running out of ideas to my MY dinners more enjoyable (no point cooking 2 dinners) - he would just eat them boiled!!!

10Kg's of turkey breast is a lot to get through!!!

Advertisement