Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 know any estate agents or landlords that accept rent allowance

• 31-05-2008 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

Basically wondering does anyone know any agents etc that will take rent allowance

i need to get somewhere to live asap but cant get anyone to take rent allowance, any ideas?help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

think the health board might have a list of landlords that will take it.Think alot of the time as well its more down to the landlord than the estate agents.As well as far as I know(could be wrong) you have to be living in a place for more than 6 months before you are eligible for rent allowance there.I'd imagine as well that so many places are finding it difficult to rent out places at the moment that they'd accept it from you.Good luck with it and I hope every thing works out for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

Thanks meatwad

you'd think most landlords would take it, i rang a few and they practically hung up on me when i asked do they accept it, its mad because they are guaranteed the money from the health board, hopefully i'll get sorted soon

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 daveffrench

i have been looking for a new place around waterford aswell and was looking for rent allowance. I found that the best way is to meet the landlord/landlady first and then ask.

the reason for this is because i think once they hear a guy's voice on the phone asking for rent allowance without meeting them they just think they will be a bad tenant and say no straight away.

Just my thoughts anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Apartments in Ozier Park View in Poleberry (near football pitches) accept rant allowance as far as I know

Cabaal wrote: »
    Apartments in Ozier Park View in Poleberry (near football pitches) accept rant allowance as far as I know

Hi Cabaal

Dont suppose you know if them apartments are one or two bed???

And do you know if its an agency renting them or a direct landlord

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

two and three bedroom, rent is steep enough
    750 a month for two bed...only extra bill is ESB as bins, basic net access and NTL analog is included

3 bedroom are something like 825 a month

For both the 2 & 3 nobody shares a bathroom as their generally en-suite

I've seen agencys advertising for them but you can deal direct with the landlord too, if you want contact details drop me a PM and I'll see if I can find them

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

i have been looking for a new place around waterford aswell and was looking for rent allowance. I found that the best way is to meet the landlord/landlady first and then ask.

the reason for this is because i think once they hear a guy's voice on the phone asking for rent allowance without meeting them they just think they will be a bad tenant and say no straight away.

Just my thoughts anyway.

+1

It's down to the landlord to accept it or not, so get first impressions right. Don't ask about rent allowance right away, plus once they go to the bother of showing you around the place, they'll be more accepting to anything really! (I had to bring a cat with me once..)

Good luck!

Cabaal wrote: »
    two and three bedroom, rent is steep enough
    750 a month for two bed...only extra bill is ESB as bins, basic net access and NTL analog is included

3 bedroom are something like 825 a month

For both the 2 & 3 nobody shares a bathroom as their generally en-suite

I've seen agencys advertising for them but you can deal direct with the landlord too, if you want contact details drop me a PM and I'll see if I can find them

ooh there a bit outta my price range, the most i could stretch to is 650 per month, and it has to be 2 bedroom as my partner has a kid, so need the extra room

but thanks for your help though:)

rohe wrote: »
    ooh there a bit outta my price range, the most i could stretch to is 650 per month, and it has to be 2 bedroom as my partner has a kid, so need the extra room

but thanks for your help though:)

No bother, if you have a kid I'd recommend against them and I'd suggest to try get a house or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭worded

As the rental marked collapses with over supply many more landlords will start to accept rent allowance

Ive heard that the govt are being contacted more and more to be added to their list. (what housing dept/section I dont know)

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement