Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best provider for near to Swords?

Options
  • 31-05-2008 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey guys,
    Just moved to Dublin from the UK and am living in Waterside, which is about 5 mins from Swords. Been looking at broadband and it all seems quite basic compared to the UK, you can't really get more then 2mbits or so with a cap of around 20gb a month? All this seems to cost around 40euro a month! Am I just not looking in the right places? Any advice would be very welcome! Ideally looking for at least 4mbit, ideally 8mbit+ with unlimited usage! thanks for any info!

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

BT do 8m/bit LLU broadband in Swords. It's supposed to work well. All the other ADSL providers will be offering 7.6 m/bit in the next month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Parallax

Yea I saw the BT did 8mbit in some exchanges, I'll investigate more. Although they still have download allowances so not really ideally. The connection is going to be shared between 4 people so having a limit isn't really practical. Thanks for the info tho!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

UPC (NTL) do 12mb BB for about €40 in the Swords area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Parallax

I've spoken to them already, they don't have broadband in Waterside. Some other company, Broadworks I think, do the cable broadband and they look pretty crap lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Hey there,

Try a mobile broadband, 3 Or Vodafone.

I live 15 miles from swords heading more inland, and I use 3 and get great service. I belive Vodafone has brilliant coverage over your neck of the woods so it may be interesting to look into.#

B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

These have no cap
    Smart Upto 15Mbps
    UTV No cap €5.99 extra upto 3MBps
    Digiweb Metro up to 10 Mbps Not sure of cap
    IBB Breeze Upto 3Mbps No cap
    IBB Ripware Upto 1M
    Magnet- Not sure of cap

If anyone can think
    of more please post:)