Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus website defaulting to sterling

Options
  • 31-05-2008 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭

Is it just cos I'm in France at the moment (hence the site is reading me as being abroad) or has aerlingus.com started defaulting to Sterling and United Kingdom as the default country?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Is it just cos I'm in France at the moment (hence the site is reading me as being abroad) or has aerlingus.com started defaulting to Sterling and United Kingdom as the default country?

My laptop does that at times even when I'm in Ireland. Not sure why, but it does. You can change the Country at the top of website anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Still euronated here!
    try aerlingus.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

yeah, tried aerlingus.ie and the same story... must be something to do with not being in Ireland at the moment!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

yeah, tried aerlingus.ie and the same story... must be something to do with not being in Ireland at the moment!

There's a coutry select thingy at the top of screen... (thank the poster before me :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

yeah I know, but I never experienced a situation where prices defaulted to sterling before in the 'ads' on the front page, thats all. I thought there was a good sale on initially!:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Just defaulted to sterling there for me and i went with .ie so I'm guessing they may have changed there site.

It automatically defaulted to UK as the region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

afaik you need to change the computer country setting to Ireland. Most bought from PC world, dixons, laptop shop have default as UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

mcaul wrote: »
    afaik you need to change the computer country setting to Ireland. Most bought from PC world, dixons, laptop shop have default as UK.

Nope, mine is set to the Netherlands and its still in English Pounds :/

Would be nice if you can pay in Sterling though, exchange rate is quite nice at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

If ye are using firefox then more than likely if you check your firefox language settings you will see English United Kingdom as first language and english (en) as second.

See here on how to change that on IE and FF etc:
    http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-lang-priorities.en.php

I tried it there by changing between UK and IE and it displayed the appropriate currency/country on the aerlingus site.

That setting doesnt seem to matter on ryanair's website though which is still coming us as GB even though my language is set to en-ie and my IP definitely irish. :confused: Anyone know how they check?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Man ... They should be using GEO IP Stuff .. Everyones using it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement