Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

to Bi or not to Bi

• 31-05-2008 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Im a Bi woman, with my fella over 4 years, basically reliased i was Bi when i was 17 (23 NOW) and he knows this.

When we got together he said it didnt bother him, BUT if theres a girl i spot out and i fancy her and she likes me , he GOES MAD! he considers it cheating If i snog her (and he wont have a 3 some cos He doesnt wanna share me)

I thought men loved 2 women together, what the deal? Is he crazy?

SPEAK UP MEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

he considers it cheating If i snog her

would you consider it cheating if he snogged another bird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Cheating is cheating, regardless of gender? If you're not in a consensual open relationship then I really don't blame your boyfriend and it's slightly worrying that you're bothered that he doesn't fit into this stereotype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Im a Bi woman, with my fella over 4 years, basically reliased i was Bi when i was 17 (23 NOW) and he knows this.

When we got together he said it didnt bother him, BUT if theres a girl i spot out and i fancy her and she likes me , he GOES MAD! he considers it cheating If i snog her (and he wont have a 3 some cos He doesnt wanna share me)

SPEAK UP MEN!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol. Ross Gellar syndrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

he considers it cheating If i snog her

Eh... is there some way that it's not? E.g. if he snogged someone else, would you not consider it cheating? :confused:

Edit: oops, beaten to this point by a couple of posters above.

I don't understand the not wanting a threesome bit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Cianos wrote: »
    would you consider it cheating if he snogged another bird?

ya BUT i told him when we 1st got 2 gether i was in 2 other birds and id prob snog some of em and he said fine

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote: »
    Cheating is cheating, regardless of gender? If you're not in a consensual open relationship then I really don't blame your boyfriend and it's slightly worrying that you're bothered that he doesn't fit into this stereotype.
    huh?

ya BUT i told him when we 1st got 2 gether i was in 2 other birds and id prob snog some of em and he said fine
    More fool him. Talk is cheap. etc.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Lol. Ross Gellar syndrome.

we were on a break?

or the sandwich one;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

That was 4 years ago, things are different now. You're together longer, feelings changed. I'd agree with him tbh.

FruitLover wrote: »

I don't understand the not wanting a threesome bit though.

me too, had about 3 oppertunities in the last year (by ppl we kno not strangers) and he wouldnt after he KNOWING that i wanted variety in the relationship

Not fair i cant explore both sides of my sexuality, he said i could ...and now he wont let me:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If he is in love with you, then he would be rightfully annoyed. If it's just a bit of a fling, I wouldn't mind my girl and another girl playing pattycakes - but if it was anything serious, it would be a no no.

I'd say the guy is just honestly loved up with you. How does he know you fancy them? If you're slutting around with them, that's it's hardly respectful to the guy if you've been with him 4 years.

So no, he's not crazy.

-Freebird- wrote: »
    That was 4 years ago, things are different now. You're together longer, feelings changed. I'd agree with him tbh.
    double standards :(

So you wouldn't mind him playing about?

dlofnep wrote: »
    How does he know you fancy them? If you're slutting around with them, that's it's hardly respectful to the guy if you've been with him 4 years.

So no, he's not crazy.

sluttin around? hes allowed in too hence my point its not just me, im annoyed he said i could and continues to say i can, yet freaks if i try to:(

or the sandwich one;)
    You want a sandwich, he doesn't?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

double standards :(

Its not double standards, unless you'd be fine with him snogging other people.

He doesn't want you exploring your sexuality with others. Would you like him exploring his with others?

And as for him not wanting to play in a three some... no one should ever be forced into a sexual encounter they do not desire.

he says he wants one, when when hes handed 1 he doesnt want it

Maybe you did, but I didn't see a response to 'Would you mind him fooling around?'

SDooM wrote: »
    He doesn't want you exploring your sexuality with others. Would you like him exploring his with others?

#.

If you had read what i said b4

He says i can explore my sexuality..

But when i go to do it- he freaks out..

And for the record he snogged a bird two weeks ago in a club cos he (in his words ) thought it was me(she was skinny/aneroxic - im not)

so ya ...Double standards!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

bi women are so common these days, i prefer the more rare straight women

• Advertisement

And for the record he snogged a bird two weeks ago in a club cos he (in his words ) thought it was me(she was skinny/aneroxic - im not)

1. You seem annoyed that he did that.
    2. Don't take this the wrong way, but jesus, what's the point of being with someone if you wanna 'explore' other things. Be with him and just him, or move on.

Well, aren't you annoyed by that?

Can you see my point here?

TBH it sounds like there are more issues here than you wanting to spread your plastic lesbian wings.

EDIT: Great thread title, btw

1. You seem annoyed that he did that.
    2. Don't take this the wrong way, but jesus, what's the point of being with someone if you wanna 'explore' other things. Be with him and just him, or move on.

im a lil annoyed cos he pulled a crap line like that, she was like 6 stone and im 12ish, if he wanted to snog her just say but dont lie about it

And me and him were just menta be a fling, i told him that- he fell for me, wanted a relationship but i said no cos i was bi, he said it wouldnt bother him, I fell for him... and now its like im not allowed to be bi

No fair!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

the relationship is a farce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

You old romantic you....

SDooM wrote: »

EDIT: Great thread title, btw

Merci :D

im a lil annoyed cos he pulled a crap line like that, she was like 6 stone and im 12ish, if he wanted to snog her just say but dont lie about it

And me and him were just menta be a fling, i told him that- he fell for me, wanted a relationship but i said no cos i was bi, he said it wouldnt bother him, I fell for him... and now its like im not allowed to be bi

No fair!!!!!

If being bi is more important than being in a relationship with this dude then end it because as everyone's saying it looks pretty crap from where we're sitting!

Otherwise put the lesbiantics behind you and work on your relationship.
    [/personal issues]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

LOL. Loves young dream.

brayblue24 wrote: »
    You old romantic you....
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Dun laoire wrote: »
    the relationship is a farce

Have to agree. From the sounds of it you're not the only one getting bored either! Just walk now and "explore your sexuality" as a single woman or find someone who's willing to be in an open relationship.

And me and him were just menta be a fling, i told him that- he fell for me

You should have ended it there... You should have had to eventually fall for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

when you are going out with someone then you are going out with someone.

Yes, look at other people and think that they may be attractive, but not complaining because your other-half won't let you be with other people.
    At first he might have been open to it, but time has passed now and his opinions have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

OP's profile says they're 22 not 23. ipso facto I don't believe a word of this. ;)

If this is serious why not post in PI?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

javaboy wrote: »
    OP's profile says they're 22 not 23. ipso facto I don't believe a word of this. ;)

The guys in PI can't give the same insightful replies as we can! :eek:

takola wrote: »
    The guys in PI can't give the same insightful replies as we can! :eek:

Oh yeah. I'm full of sight, me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

PI in AF is so much more fun.

No annoying "read the charter" every 10 seconds.

Personally OP I think you have a drink problem/drug problem/should talk to him/should dump him.

Oh hold on.... I reverted to PI answer mode....

Dammit.... your man is weird however a nagging voice in the back of my head seems to agree with him should you not be a terrible troll which I think you are :(

More women should be bi and willing to experiment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Being bi is not a licence to have a man and a woman at the same time.

Grand it gives you a larger poole to pick from, but if atthis stage you are not getting what you want from the relationship and you want to go "eating out" id say end the relationship

javaboy wrote: »

so im not allowed have a birthday am i??????????

i had hit a wrong digit on my prof when doing it but didnt think it mattered- but the king says it does!!!!

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

what kinda girls do ya go for? are all girls potential bi? it seems they must be, the way you seem to be implying that when you are out and you see a girl you fancy etc etc? or do you go to gay clubs? just wandering?

Are all women potentially bi? I have to wonder if that's a serious question.

• Advertisement

im trying to get a picture on this relationship. i mean if she is out hunting for girls to pick up, does she go to gay bars/clubs? if she does, then does her o/h know that she is out/do they go together? im trying to figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Sounds like he's afraid to break up with you and you're carrying him along. Cut to the chase tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Course we're all bi! Sure aren't we all riding other women in secret! It's just that the men have yet to figure this out.

Dammit, bi cat out of secret-keeping bag!

Tbh Flanum, it doesn't matter how she's doing, it's a ridiculous relationship. If you knew your OH resented you because she couldn't play about, would you really wanna continue?

janeybabe wrote: »
    Course we're all bi! Sure aren't we all riding other women in secret! It's just that the men have yet to figure this out.

Dammit, bi cat out of secret-keeping bag!

I think I missed that memo!

<_<

>_>

its just that i was in a relationship a few years ago, the girl was actually fully into her wimmins before we met for a long time, then she sort of went through a "bi" phase (when i met her) this was all made known to me, i was ok with it. i was happy to let her eyes wander at other women and didnt mind her flirting with women(tbh it did add a bit of spice) and we had agreed it wouldnt ever get any further. but after year 5 or so, she started having a few sly flings with girls (she went specifically to gay bars/clubs) and to me, this was no different to her cheating on me with guys! cheating is cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't believe he got away with the "I thought it was you" excuse. Hero tbh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Can't believe he got away with the "I thought it was you" excuse. Hero tbh

it would be worse if op tried the same excuse :pac:

It's OK.You are cheap like cider from Tipp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SPEAK UP MEN!!!!!!!!!!!

and he's heterosexual. Do you want him ogling other women? You wouldnt get jealous if he said yeah I'd ride her? And then how would you feel if he went off and slept with her?

• Advertisement
Advertisement