Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I transfer my pension to England?

Options
  • 01-06-2008 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Was paying in to an Irish Life pension in Ireland for 3 years. I want to cash out and transfer into my UK fund.

Is it a case of ringing 'em up and they'll send me a cheque in the post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Cantab. wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Was paying in to an Irish Life pension in Ireland for 3 years. I want to cash out and transfer into my UK fund.

Is it a case of ringing 'em up and they'll send me a cheque in the post?

Not quite. It depends on what type of pension you had in ireland and what type of pension you have in the UK.

Firstly, the Irish Life policy needs to be capable of transferring out and your new policy needs to be cabable and willing to accept transfer.

Contact your broker or Irish Life for transfer options and also your new provider for their requirements to accept the transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

broker2008 wrote: »
    Not quite. It depends on what type of pension you had in ireland and what type of pension you have in the UK.

Firstly, the Irish Life policy needs to be capable of transferring out and your new policy needs to be cabable and willing to accept transfer.

Contact your broker or Irish Life for transfer options and also your new provider for their requirements to accept the transfer.

also contact pensions board

the transfer will be done, if at all from IL to the other one, u wont see it unless u cash it in and pay tax at 25%

Advertisement