Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with VB5 Hangman Solution.

Options
  • 01-06-2008 5:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello,
    I have written most of the code but I have come to a stopping point and can't seem to figure out how to get past the hump. Below you will find the code I have so far. the problem I'm having is the application has labels A-Z. When you click on a label (not a text box or button) the letter will dissapear and either replace a dash in the xwordlabel box in the correct place, or it will increment the counter in the xincorrectlabel box for a total of 3 misses. after third miss a message box appears saying "sorry the word is..." and the isGameOver bollean is set to true. I don't know how to code the label.click events so I can use them in the rest of the code and how to get the letter to show up in the right place in the xWordLabel. PLEASE HELP.

[LEFT]' Project Name:     Hangman Solution
    ' Project Purpose:  To play the game Hangman
    ' Created/revised:  Steven Hendricks on 1Jun2008
    Option Explicit On
    Option Strict Off

Public Class HangmanForm
        Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form

Private Sub ProcessLetterLabels(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) _
                Handles xALabel.Click, xBLabel.Click, xCLabel.Click, xDLabel.Click, _
                xELabel.Click, xFLabel.Click, xGLabel.Click, xHLabel.Click, xILabel.Click, _
                xJLabel.Click, xKLabel.Click, xLLabel.Click, xMLabel.Click, xNLabel.Click, _
                xOLabel.Click, xPLabel.Click, xQLabel.Click, xRLabel.Click, xSLabel.Click, _
                xTLabel.Click, xULabel.Click, xVLabel.Click, xWLabel.Click, xXLabel.Click, _
                xYLabel.Click, xZLabel.Click

End Sub

Private Sub xFileExitMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles xFileExitMenuItem.Click
            Me.Close()

End Sub

Private Sub xFileNewMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles xFileNewMenuItem.Click
            ' simulates the Hangman game
            'declare form-level variable
            Dim word As String
            Dim letter As String
            Dim isDashReplaced As Boolean
            Dim isGameOver As Boolean
            Dim incorrectCounter As Integer

'hide the picture boxes
            Me.xALabel.Visible = False
            Me.xBLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xCLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xDLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xELabel.Visible = False
            Me.xFLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xGLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xHLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xILabel.Visible = False
            Me.xJLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xKLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xLLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xMLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xNLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xOLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xPLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xQLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xRLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xSLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xTLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xULabel.Visible = False
            Me.xVLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xWLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xXLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xYLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xZLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xWordLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xMsgLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xIncorrectGuessLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xIdWordLabel.Visible = False
            Me.xIdIncorrectGuessLabel.Visible = False

' get a five-letter word from the first player
            Do
                word = InputBox("Enter a 5-letter word:", "Hangman Game")
            Loop Until word.Length = 5

'convert the word to uppercase
            word = word.ToUpper

'display five dashes in the box
            'and clear the xincorrectLabel

Me.xWordLabel.Text = "-----"
            Me.xIncorrectGuessLabel.Text = String.Empty

'allow the second player to guess a letter
            'the game is over when the second player
            ' either guesses the word or makes 3
            'incorrect guesses

Do Until isGameOver
                'get a letter from the second player, then
                'convert the letter to uppercase
                letter = xALabel.Text
                letter = letter.ToUpper

'search the word for the letter
                For indexnum As Integer = 0 To 4
                    ' if the word contains the letter, then
                    ' replace the dash in the xWordLabel and
                    ' assign True to isDashReplaced to
                    ' indicate that a replacement was made
                    If word.Substring(indexnum, 1) = letter Then
                        Mid(Me.xWordLabel.Text, indexnum + 1) _
                        = letter
                        isDashReplaced = True
                    End If
                Next indexnum

' determine whether a dash was replaced
                If isDashReplaced Then
                    ' if the word does not contain any dashes,
                    ' the game is over because the second
                    ' player guessed the word; otherwise, reset
                    ' the isDashREplaced variabel for the next
                    ' search
                    If Me.xWordLabel.Text.Contains("-") = False Then
                        isGameOver = True
                        MessageBox.Show("great guessing!", _
                        "Hangman Game", MessageBoxButtons.OK, _
                        MessageBoxIcon.Information)
                    Else
                        isDashReplaced = False
                    End If

Else    ' processed when no dash was replaced
                    ' then updates
                    ' the incorrectcounter variable, then show
                    ' the appropriate number
                    Me.xIncorrectGuessLabel.Text = _
                    Me.xIncorrectGuessLabel.Text & " " & incorrectCounter
                    incorrectCounter = incorrectCounter + 1
                    If incorrectCounter = 3 Then
                        isGameOver = True
                        MessageBox.Show("Sorry, the word is " _
                            & word & ".", "Hangman Game", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information)

End If      
                End If
            Loop

End Sub
    End Class[/LEFT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

Modulise your code and give the label names some meaning and write out logical steps on how to solve your problem in english.

That program obviously isn't ready for coding.
    Think more and break up what your thinking into smaller pieces.

Have a read of this and nevermind what language it's programmed in thats unimportant.

http://forum.nystic.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=203&p=3146

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudocode

Yes your program will work when someone gives you the answe but it looks horrible and probably acts just the same.
    Goodluck and sorry for being harsh but it will help you the next time your asked to program something. Remember language is unimportant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 stevenyuko

Thanks for the reply, I realized that I had to put the code tags in before I pasted the code into it so it would keep its formats. I fixed and updated the original post if anyone is up to helping me.

Looks alot better.

[PHP]
    'search the word for the letter
    For indexnum As Integer = 0 To 4
    ' if the word contains the letter, then
    ' replace the dash in the xWordLabel and
    ' assign True to isDashReplaced to
    ' indicate that a replacement was made
    If word.Substring(indexnum, 1) = letter Then
    Mid(Me.xWordLabel.Text, indexnum + 1) _
    = letter
    isDashReplaced = True
    End If
    Next indexnum
    [/PHP]

Mid(Me.xWordLabel.Text, indexnum + 1) _ doesn't make one bit of sense either .

Do you even know what this function does?

The only original part of the code is the _ you put in hoping for it to work and even the comments aren't your own.

Perhaps it would help if you didn't copy other peoples code you might actually be able to understand this jigsaw then ;)

Anyway use an array it's much easier.

Actually, I didn't copy others people code, that is the code that I typed directly from the text book, with modifications needed for my program. Anyway, I have figured it out and will post it for others who may run into the same issue.
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Public[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Class[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] HangmanForm
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Inherits[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.Windows.Forms.Form
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'declare form-level variable
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] word [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] isDashReplaced [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Boolean
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] isGameOver [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Boolean
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] incorrectCounter [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Integer
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] message [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] isword5long [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Boolean

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ProcessLetterLabels([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Object[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.EventArgs) _
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ALabel.Click, BLabel.Click, CLabel.Click, DLabel.Click, ELabel.Click, _
    FLabel.Click, GLabel.Click, HLabel.Click, ILabel.Click, JLabel.Click, _
    KLabel.Click, LLabel.Click, MLabel.Click, NLabel.Click, OLabel.Click, _
    PLabel.Click, QLabel.Click, RLabel.Click, SLabel.Click, TLabel.Click, _
    ULabel.Click, VLabel.Click, WLabel.Click, XLabel.Click, YLabel.Click, ZLabel.Click

[/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] letter [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Empty
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Select[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ALabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"A"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]ALabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] BLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"B"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]BLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] CLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"C"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]CLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"D"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]DLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ELabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"E"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]ELabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] FLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"F"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]FLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] GLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"G"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]GLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] HLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"H"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]HLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ILabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"I"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]ILabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] JLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"J"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]JLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] KLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"K"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]KLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] LLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"L"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]LLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] MLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"M"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]MLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] NLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"N"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]NLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] OLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"O"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]OLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] PLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"P"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]PLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] QLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Q"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]QLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] RLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"R"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]RLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] SLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"S"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]SLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] TLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"T"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]TLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ULabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"U"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]ULabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] VLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"V"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]VLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] WLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"W"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]WLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] XLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"X"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]XLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] YLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Y"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]YLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Is[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ZLabel
    letter = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Z"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]ZLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'Continue on for the remaining letters
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Case[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Else
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]MessageBox.Show([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"You must enter a letter from A - Z"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2])
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Select
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'Here you check to see if the game has ended, if not you process the letter. 
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Not[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] isGameOver [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]For[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] indexnum [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Integer[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] = 0 [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]To[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] 4
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' if the word contains the letter, then
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' replace the dash in the xWordLabel and
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' assign True to isDashReplaced to
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' indicate that a replacement was made
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] word.Substring(indexnum, 1) = letter [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Mid([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].WordLabel.Text, indexnum + 1) = letter
    isDashReplaced = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Next[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] indexnum
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] isDashReplaced [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' if the word does not contain any dashes,
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' the game is over because the second
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' player guessed the word; otherwise, reset
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' the isDashREplaced variabel for the next
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' search
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].WordLabel.Text.Contains([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"-"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]) = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]isGameOver = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]MessageBox.Show([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"great guessing!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Hangman Game"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], MessageBoxButtons.OK, _
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Else
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]isDashReplaced = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Else[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' processed when no dash was replaced
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' then updates
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' the incorrectcounter variable, then show
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' the appropriate number
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IncorrectGuessLabel.Text = incorrectCounter + 1
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'Me.IncorrectGuessLabel.Text & " " &
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]incorrectCounter = incorrectCounter + 1
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] incorrectCounter = 3 [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]isGameOver = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' if you've used all of your guesses this ends the game.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]MessageBox.Show([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Sorry, the word is "[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] & word, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Hangman Game"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], MessageBoxButtons.OK, _
    incorrectCounter = 0
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Else[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'if the game is over show the game ended message and the word.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ExitToolStripMenuItem_Click([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.Object, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.EventArgs) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] ExitToolStripMenuItem.Click
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Close()
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] NewGameToolStripMenuItem_Click([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.Object, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.EventArgs) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] NewGameToolStripMenuItem.Click
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' Refreshes the labels for start of a new game
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ALabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].BLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].CLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].DLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ELabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].FLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].GLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].HLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ILabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].JLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].KLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].LLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].MLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].NLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].OLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].PLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].QLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].RLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].SLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ULabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].VLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].WLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].XLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].YLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ZLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].WordLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].MsgLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IncorrectGuessLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IdWordLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IdIncorrectGuessLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'Determines if user enters the correct number of letters
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'or if they pushed the cancel key
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Show_Box [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Boolean
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Show_Box = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' begin while loop
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]While[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Show_Box = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'show the input box
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]word = InputBox([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Enter a 5-letter word:"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Hangman Game"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2])
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'convert the word to uppercase
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]word = word.ToUpper
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] word = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]""[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' if cancel was pressed,
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]' break out of the loop.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Show_Box = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IncorrectGuessLabel.Text = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Empty
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].WordLabel.Text = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Empty
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Else
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]If[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] word.Length = 5 [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Then
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]isword5long = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]True
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Show_Box = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'display five dashes in the box
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'and clear the xincorrectLabel
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].WordLabel.Text = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"-----"
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IncorrectGuessLabel.Text = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Empty
    isGameOver = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]While
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Sub[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] HangmanForm_Load([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] sender [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Object[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]ByVal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] e [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] System.EventArgs) [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Handles[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].Load
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'hide the picture boxes during first load to prevent user from chosing keys
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ALabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].BLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].CLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].DLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ELabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].FLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].GLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].HLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ILabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].JLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].KLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].LLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].MLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].NLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].OLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].PLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].QLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].RLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].SLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].TLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ULabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].VLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].WLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].XLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].YLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].ZLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].WordLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].MsgLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IncorrectGuessLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IdWordLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Me[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].IdIncorrectGuessLabel.Visible = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]False
    End[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Class
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Ya because I pointed out the guess work you made with the _ in your function.
    Anyway I knew you copied the code from somewhere it's obvious because you haven't a clue what your doing.

• Advertisement

an _ is used to continue your code onto the next line, the purpose of that statement is to determine which "-" to remove from 5 slashes that are being used as place holders in the program. Once it has determined that the user selected letter matches the word, it will replace the appropriate "-" with the letter that belongs there. I'm not totally clueless, just was lost. as for copying, its a class, and we have a text book with starting examples that we are require to build upon to make a completed application. What you saw posted was far more then just the copied text. While looking through these forums I assume that many people are using the same text book for their classes, but teachers instructions on what she wants in each project are different. I see some of the hangman solution use actual "hangman" pictures for each incorrect guess. Also most required the use of an input box to get the "guessed letters" my instructer required the use of all 26 letters as labels that could be selected and the dissapear after selecting. This of course did not match the text book example. I could only use certain parts of the samples, but majority had to be done step by step. anyways, thank you for your critisism. If you really didn't feel like helping, then you didn't have to reply. Have a nice day.

Of course i wanted to help you I did it by telling you to think about your problem more instead of copying chunks of code from books.
    I learned vb3 years ago I never seen that _ before.
    But that still doesn't change anything hardly none of that code is your own .
    Are you doing some vetac course?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Waste of time copying code from books tbh. You only fooling yourself even if you modify code. You need to start from the basics and be able to write from scratch. Copying code will work for small problems like this but further down the line you will be in trouble.

Advertisement