Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio engineering courses?

Options
  • 01-06-2008 6:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I've been in Aus for the past two years almost , and planning to come home in sept. I've heard a little bit about this FAS audio engineering course but can't find much info on it. Does anyone know when it runs again after sept this year. Has anyone done it? Or any other recommendations on other courses would be good , cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Pulse and the Sound Training Centre in Temple Bar do both full time and part-time courses for that which are pretty good. You could look em up...

I might again do a follow up sound engineering/production course after sep too. I did a part-time one last year in the Sound Training Centre and i've gotta say it was really good. And now i feel the need of doing a follow up course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The courses in Ballyfermot and Bray do a Higher National Diploma it's actually a higher level course than the ones STC and Pulse offer. Not that matters a whole lot though it's not exactly rocket science. The FAS course is in Tralee.

I doesn't really matter where you do the course. Just cause you do a course in one place or another doesn't mean you are more likely to get a job, no matter what people tell you. The courses are all basically the same, it's really down to you and if you are prepared to do the work yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cdutd

I doesn't really matter where you do the course. Just cause you do a course in one place or another doesn't mean you are more likely to get a job, no matter what people tell you. The courses are all basically the same, it's really down to you and if you are prepared to do the work yourself.[/quote]

Yeah , that's really the most exciting part about it for me. I think a course is good just to get me in tune with some of the stuff i need to know and to get involved in that scene.The Fas course would be a big help financially wise. This is what i've decided to do with my life now and i'm prepared to put everything i have into it.

Advertisement