Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Eircom email address not working

Options
  • 01-06-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

My father in laws email account is fine, but my brother in law who has a second email address using his dads BB account has not been getting emails recently.

I sent a test email and they are not getting through.
    I went to the Eircom support site and tried reactivating the email address "unlocking the inbox", but it won't recognize brother in laws email address.

???

Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Are you sure it's the right address?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

How are you trying to access it? Outlook/Outlook Express or http://webmail.eircom.net

Outlook express. I have double checked all the settings. Eircom list the email address as already registered. I think i'll have to get him to give them a ring tomorrow.

Did you try log into the account at http://webmail.eircom.net to verify the login details?

• Advertisement

I hadn't but I just got him to check out the web email and although the email and it's not working. The email address is correct and he's pretty sure that the password is right as well.

kleefarr wrote: »
    I hadn't but I just got him to check out the web email and although the email and it's not working. The email address is correct and he's pretty sure that the password is right as well.

:D
    I'd say that's the problem.

That's what I was thinking. I'm back home now so won't be able to check the email account settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I would suggest migrating away from eircom.net email as soon as humanly possible. It's one of the worst, if not the worst email service out there.

eircom haven't invested a cent in it in nearly a decade. The webmail interface is pretty much unchanged since the days of Telecom Internet (before eircom!)

Their outgoing server is an open relay, and as a result ends up being banned/blocked by various anti-spam systems and they appear to have no incoming spam protection so your inbox is generally bombarded with junk all the time.

Consider opening an account on gmail or something like that instead!

Gmail also now supports IMAP access (for free) which is really handy if you're using multiple e-mail clients or, if you're accessing webmail as well as using Windows Outlook, Apple Mail or similar clients as your webmail and computer-based email client are always kept in synch.

Solair wrote: »
    I would suggest migrating away from eircom.net email as soon as humanly possible. It's one of the worst, if not the worst email service out there.

eircom haven't invested a cent in it in nearly a decade. The webmail interface is pretty much unchanged since the days of Telecom Internet (before eircom!)

Their outgoing server is an open relay, and as a result ends up being banned/blocked by various anti-spam systems and they appear to have no incoming spam protection so your inbox is generally bombarded with junk all the time.

Consider opening an account on gmail or something like that instead!

Gmail also now supports IMAP access (for free) which is really handy if you're using multiple e-mail clients or, if you're accessing webmail as well as using Windows Outlook, Apple Mail or similar clients as your webmail and computer-based email client are always kept in synch.

"New and improved" on the way, apparantly.
    http://email.eircom.net/tour.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement