Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crozon Inn

Options
  • 01-06-2008 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Crozon is still open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

No it is closed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks for that Easkey. I've a few hours to kill in Crozon today, a book and a drink outside would have been nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Previous managment of Crozon re-opening the Woodside Inn on the N17 between Ballinacarrow and Achonry.....end of June I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

Culchie wrote: »
    Previous managment of Crozon re-opening the Woodside Inn on the N17 between Ballinacarrow and Achonry.....end of June I'd say.

Are you sure thats correct. I heard they have opened at Cashelgarron. I'm not 100% sure though

Jabby wrote: »
    Are you sure thats correct. I heard they have opened at Cashelgarron. I'm not 100% sure though

100%

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Crozon Inn, that terrible place you have to do a reverse around the corner at when doing your driving test...:mad:

tuppence wrote: »
    Crozon Inn, that terrible place you have to do a reverse around the corner at when doing your driving test...:mad:

Thats the one.

But its great craic sitting outside having a pint, watching all the people trying to reverse round corners. They should advertise it as an entertainment feature really. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

sueme wrote: »
    Thats the one.

But its great craic sitting outside having a pint, watching all the people trying to reverse round corners. They should advertise it as an entertainment feature really. :D

Thats a bit of a bu**er alright, when you cant have a beer yourself and theres the tittering audience effect as you mount the kerb for the third time.:o (on the practice run that is I shone like an angel at the test! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Thats the one.

it's a shame it's closed, sounds like a great place for a pint:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

Culchie wrote: »
    100%
    I'm nearly sure the owners of the crozon Inn have opened up just before Grange restaurant Harry's.

• Advertisement

carebare wrote: »
    I'm nearly sure the owners of the crozon Inn have opened up just before Grange restaurant Harry's.

Maybe the owners have, but 'Ex-Management of the Crozon Inn' are opening on the N17 .... according to their sign anyway

carebare wrote: »

'Henrys'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

so, how is the food in Henry's? what are their prices like? maybe somebody could write a review in the 'your favourite restaurant' thread from both places?

so, how is the food in Henry's? what are their prices like? maybe somebody could write a review in the 'your favourite restaurant' thread from both places?

Henrys was quite good but crowded, The place is very well decorated and well laid out. The staff were pleasant. The food was great but as we were there on opening night it was hard to share an opinion. I will try it again though as it wouldn't be fair to judge them on their first night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Maxav

Everyones right!! Management of the Crozon Inn was two Henry brothers, one is opening a truck stop style place on the n17(previously the Woodside Inn) and the other has opened HENRYS at Cashelgarron between Drumcliff and Grange. Confusion sorted???

There was some work being done to the exterior of the Crozon yesterday, hopefully it won't be closed for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's an awful pity it has closed down. Whenever our relatives come down from Dublin we always seem to go there. Nice carvery on a Sunday and friendly staff. The bar across from the restaurant has a nice atmosphere, a big screen where you can watch the footie. <snip> Shame it's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

There was some work being done to the exterior of the Crozon yesterday, hopefully it won't be closed for too long.

Walked by there a few days ago, the place seemed to be getting a bit tatty looking already with weeds etc.
    There's a lot of young people congregating in the grounds there aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hey all,
    I heard on the Sligo Jungle Telegraph( very reliable, as you can imagine) that the Crozon is re-opening under new management..... any ideas??

CT

Just a change of ownership! I thought the existing building was to be demolished to make way for residential housing/apartments etc. Very good news. :)

• Advertisement

I just drove past it at lunchtime, there seems to be some work going on... window washing, etc

Anybody hear who took over ?

No sorry, haven't any idea who have bought it. It was only up until last week I was the under the impression that it was going to be demolished and the to be replaced by residential housing/apartments. Glad it's staying though. Great carvery on a Sunday and a great big screen for live sports. Great news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

No sense in having two threads on the same topic on the front page, Cypress.

We can keep all discussions of the Crozon Inn in here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Xiney wrote: »
    No sense in having two threads on the same topic on the front page, Cypress.

We can keep all discussions of the Crozon Inn in here :)

Hardass. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

You'll refrain from commenting on the quality of my hindquarters if you know what's good for you ;)

Anyway, I'm disappointed Sligosies - this is a small town, surely one of you knows who's bought the Crozon Inn? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mongoola

Xiney wrote: »
    You'll refrain from commenting on the quality of my hindquarters if you know what's good for you ;)

Anyway, I'm disappointed Sligosies - this is a small town, surely one of you knows who's bought the Crozon Inn? :D

Does anyone know if the Crozon Inn is re-opening again? There is some work going on there at the moment.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yes it's re-opening soon, I saw an advert online that they are looking for a General Manager, don't know any dates of when they are opening though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Any idea who took over the lease?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 adriano87

As far as I know it re-opened under different management back in summer 2010 but has closed again!! shame, great place for a few quiet pints!!

Advertisement