Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIDI Keyboard Controller recommendations.

Options
  • 01-06-2008 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i was looking for a good MIDI keyboard controller which would be even good for playing live. I like the Korg Kontrol 49. But i'ld like to get to know a few more good ones before i make my final decision.

Just looking for something i can use to record MIDI in the studio and play them live and turn on and off loops and samples and beats n stuff...

So anyone got any recommendations??

Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭fitz

How are you going to use the controller live?
    If you're using it with a laptop and samples, you might be just as well to go with a USB controller. M-audio's Axiom series are good, and reasonably priced...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^it has a trigger pad which i could use to trigger in and off different beats and loops and all... Then use the keyboard to play synths and stuff....

I was looking at the AKAI MPK 49 too. Its cheaper than the Korg Kontrol and seems to do about the same thing...
    What do ya guys think of that??

The M-Audio Axiom looks pretty good too and is much cheaper than the above two i mentioned...

So what do ye guys think is the best one for me..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

This is what I got for use with Ableton (before I sold Live 6 & bought Logic..)

http://www.musicstore.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=SYN0002930-000&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList#

Really really good. Has a crossfader / a million buttons / knobs / faders / touch pads & KEYS. Its a good quality build.

Come in all sizes of course & is very reasonable IMO.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

id get one with a full keyboard.i got the smaller ones and its annoting not being able to play fully without switching the octave up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

+1 for Axiom.

Amazing value for pro features, solid build and sweet performance IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement