Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach Argument !

Options
  • 01-06-2008 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Heading to the beach with my daughter to collect sea shells, can someone settle a bet and argument i just had with a friend ! The best beach in the Dublin region for doing said activity ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I always found Portrane to be great for shells, down in the Burrow area.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

deswalsh wrote: »
    I always found Portrane to be great for shells, down in the Burrow area.
    Yes, I'd agree.

The north beach in Rush is also quite good for shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its inaccesible at the moment but between Booterstown Station and the Jacobs Building they have deposited tens of tonnes of shells to encourage sand to settle. You'll find lots there. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Definately Portrane. i dont think i have ever seen as many shells on a beach in my life :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

irishbird wrote: »
    Definately Portrane. i dont think i have ever seen as many shells on a beach in my life :)

You should've been on Omaha beach back in '44!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Were you there Degsy? :p

Finally saw a real beach in Ireland on the weekend..just east of Portrush..had real proper sand...:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

I think it's Whiterocks Beach next to Portrush that you mean... it's a fine beach alright :)

Advertisement