Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro2008 - The Knockout stages PREDICTOR

• 01-06-2008 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COPY AND PASTE THE TABLE BELOW INTO YOUR POST AND OVERWRITE WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS.

Winner Group A
    V................................Winner QF1
    Runner Up Group B
    ........................................V...................Winner SF1
    Winner Group B
    V................................Winner QF2
    Runner Up Group A

...................................................................V...............Champions

Winner Group C
    V................................Winner QF3
    Runner Up Group D
    ........................................V...................Winner SF2
    Winner Group D
    V................................Winner QF4
    Runner Up Group C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

PORTUGAL 3
    V................................PORTUGAL 1 (pens win)
    CROATIA 1
    ........................................V...................PORTUGAL 1
    GERMANY 1
    V................................GERMANY 1
    CZECH REP 0

...................................................................V...............PORTUGAL

FRANCE 2
    V................................FRANCE 3
    RUSSIA 0
    ........................................V...................FRANCE 0
    SPAIN 2
    V................................SPAIN 2
    NETHERLANDS 0

heres my one to start it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

How can those teams play each other in the last 8 if they were in the same group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

There's already another thread that has a link to a site that we're all doing it on. No point in this one as well.

SantryRed wrote: »
    There's already another thread that has a link to a site that we're all doing it on. No point in this one as well.

if thats the case then just dont post, you felt it "point eoungh " to have a dig though. nice one.....

This thread is for those who dont want to go to the bother of logging onto another site to see someones predictions and then coming back here to debate them. At least here they are easily referenced and at hand.

Sheesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

This thread is for those who dont want to go to the bother of logging onto another site to see someones predictions and then coming back here to debate them. At least here they are easily referenced and at hand.
    It is a handy reference for a quick read. So for what it's worth here's my predictor:
    Portugal
    V................................Portugal
    Croatia
    ........................................V...................Portugal
    Germany
    V................................Germany
    Switzerland
    ...................................................................V...............Portugal
    Netherlands
    V................................Netherands
    Russia
    ........................................V................... Spain
    Spain
    V............................... .Spain
    France

• Advertisement

some tasty games from the quarters onwards

Spain V Portugal?????

Now there is a Final I would like to see.....no love lost there!

I found group c hardest to call with Italy, France and Netherlands all genuine contenders. Germany-Portugal is an interesting one. Germany are many fans pre-tournament favourites while Portugal have argubably the best attacking player in the world. Jens Lehmann could prove the weak link in an otherwise solid German side.

Croatia are serious dark horses while Spain are like New Zealand's soccer equivalents. One of the best teams in the world, quality all over the field, fantastic pre tournament form but yet a bad history in actual tournaments. I think the 1960s was the last time they won it. They'll probably stumble some where along the line but on paper it's difficult to guess where (if it happens).

That would certainly create a spectacle of a final. The noise, atmosphere...everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if thats the case then just dont post, you felt it "point eoungh " to have a dig though. nice one.....

dont think it was a dig! Dont be so sensitive. but even so there is a general etiquette about multiple threads on the same subject. (btw i am not trying to moderate here but only giving you a heads up)

I didnt see the other thread as being like this one, I thought it would be fun to see everyones predictions of group winners and what games they thought would come up, right there on the screen in front of you so you could chat about them. The other thread was a simple invitation to another site competition, with people only putting down the winner.

I thought it was different, and I dont think I was being sesitive. Whats the point in posting something like 'theres no point in posting on this thread'. why not just NOT post and let anyone else who wants to chip in to chip in.

It doesnt matter now anyway, this thread may as well be deleted, it obviously didnt go down the right way for some reason.

Don't think there's a need to delete it. I'm sure at the worst the two could be merged or something (?). Threads that start off on similar or different themes often overlap for a while anyway and then branch off again as the conversion continues (ie Man city thread and Dunne thread yesterday). Till be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Portugal
    V................................Portugal
    Croatia
    ........................................V...................Germany
    Czech Republic
    Germany

...................................................................V...............Germany

France
    V................................France
    Sweden
    ........................................V...................Spain
    Italy
    V................................Spain
    Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I reckon...

Portugal
    V................................Croatia
    Croatia
    ........................................V...................Croatia
    Germany
    Czech Republic

...................................................................V...............Spain

France
    V................................France
    Russia
    ........................................V...................Spain
    Spain
    V................................Spain
    Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Portugal
    v
    Croatia.........................Portugal
    ..................................v
    Germany.......................Germany
    v
    Czech Republic.....................................Germany
    .........................................................v.....................Spain
    Italy...................................................Spain
    v
    Russia..........................Italy
    ..................................v
    Spain...........................Spain
    v
    Netherlands

Advertisement