Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing too much GTA

• 01-06-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

Had a long session of GTA 4 last night and I think I might have overdid it. First thing this morning went out for some smokes and milk and something seemed strange as I was driving down to the shop. Couldn't put my finger on it, then I realised.....

I was on the wrong side of the road :eek: Lucky it was Sunday morning. (It was my motor though, I hadn't jacked it :p)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Next you'll be calling Roman or Brucie on your real-life mobile :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

come to think of it, I didn't touch my playstation in over a month:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I went out for a walk today and found myself casing out nice cars. And people say games have no effect on your behaviour !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The first week GTA came out, I played it so much that my eyes went completely pink!! It was sore to blink, watch TV, basically to open my eyes..Eventually I went to go the chemist to get eye drops. The pinkness didn't go away until a week later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

creggy wrote: »
    The first week GTA came out, I played it so much that my eyes went completely pink!! It was sore to blink, watch TV, basically to open my eyes..Eventually I went to go the chemist to get eye drops. The pinkness didn't go away until a week later.

Are you sure someone hadn't just farted on your pillow?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Optrex
    All pharmacies and many supermarkets sell it. It's brilliant stuff, essential for all serious gamers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Thats hard f'n core man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

When Im driving I keep imagining slamming pedestrians up against buildings.

....Need to cut back on it i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I taught I could drive using the indicaters and wipers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I don't drive myself, which is probably a good thing, but a friend of mine is a bit freaked since, after an 8 hour session in the game, he went to collect his missus from work and had ran two red lights before he realized it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

Every time i see a pigeon now, i wish i had a gun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

yes indeed theres something very satisfing about blasting those little ba*@$ds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Maddzy wrote: »
    I don't drive myself, which is probably a good thing, but a friend of mine is a bit freaked since, after an 8 hour session in the game, he went to collect his missus from work and had ran two red lights before he realized it :pac:

I'm worry I'm going to have a patience problem when I start driving. I've played nothing but GTA and have never driven properly. Watch out for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thomohawk

was out behind work this morning having my early morning cigarette and i saw a secuircor van on the road and the first thing that came to my mind was to throw a grenade at it to get sum money!! :p kinda scary! as most of ye know money can be earned in gta4 by destroying secuircor vans

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hasn't happened to me this time, but when Vice City came out, I was playing so much I was seeing the city streets whizz by me when I looked at the carpet in my bedroom when going to sleep. I have noticed myself wanting to just shove people out of my way when walking along a street, but that's normal for me I think ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

On the way to work this morning I was looking at the multi-story carpark beside my office thinking there might be a gun on the roof :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

You know in GTA when you see a nice car you want to rob it? I had the same feeling while cycling. I started wondering about how fast it was and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Sadly I haven't been playing enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Haven't felt the oh sh*t being playing GTA too much yet.
    But i remember with GTA3 and Vice city i could be sitting in the bus thinking i could rob that bank, Take that car, kill that women pick up the money she drops and i might only get a 3star rating.
    Then i just need to find a garage to do a spray, oh wait none of those in dublins. Better scrap those plans i suppose!

Advertisement