Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Transporter sluggish

Options
  • 01-06-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

My 00-D-Reg VW Transporter 1.9td has become sluggish and hard on diesel, I thought a good service would sort it out but no joy. A mechanic has suggested that a servo (he didnt say which servo) may need replacing at a cost of about €500. From experience with an older Transporter I was hoping it might be something simple like a broken connection or a duff relay. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Try this forum, plenty of vw mechanics and vag nutters there, sobebody should give you some real advice there.

Helped keep my VW's on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hmmm....... has the turbo been checked out?

Vacuum in a diesel is created by a pump. It has no bearing on the intake vacuum so shouldn't cause power loss.

I'd say he meant brake servo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

crosstownk wrote: »
    Hmmm....... has the turbo been checked out?

Vacuum in a diesel is created by a pump. It has no bearing on the intake vacuum so shouldn't cause power loss.

I'd say he meant brake servo.
    VAG's are well know for giving trouble with the air flow sensor, borrow one off somebody and see if it makes a difference

Advertisement