Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Professor River Song...Who Is She?

• 01-06-2008 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Ok, so I say place your bets now, who is Professor River Song and what part does she play in the Doctor's own personal life.

Apparently he is younger than she has ever seen him and the message is signed with a kiss.

So, my personal bet, is that in her present the Doctor is dead and that she has continued his work. Although she is also his wife.

Lets place bets now and then the person who gets it right, if its revealled, can have the satisfaction of gloating about it next week!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

she's his bank manager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

His wife, though I would say it'll remain unclear whether it's the 10th doctor's wife or whether it's a future incarnation's. He always did have a thing for archaeologists.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

She's Boxey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Clearly Rose.... somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

ixoy wrote: »
    She's Boxey.

She's Bosco?! :eek: That curly hair, those rosy cheeks...how could I not have seen it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

She is obviously
    a probable future wife/traveller/compangion of the doctor.

The blue book
    that looks like the TARDIS
    she carries
    is the 10th doctors life story.
    Hence He is not allowed to see it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't think she is Rose or the hot daughter as she said she'd never seen the Doctor that young.

Future companion/ lover for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

she's his bank manager

Just spat my coffee all o'er keyboard
    She's Boxey.

Shurely you mean "poxy?"

My theroy was she was Martha, what with her seeing all old and all, but of course Martha has seen him as he is now, of course.

MrsPopebenny16 though came up with a wowzer.... It's Jenny... regenerated....

I must build a special containment device for the misses....

Just spat my coffee all o'er keyboard

Shurely you mean "poxy?"

My theroy was she was Martha, what with her seeing all old and all, but of course Martha has seen him as he is now, of course.

MrsPopebenny16 though came up with a wowzer.... It's Jenny... regenerated....

I must build a special containment device for the misses....

Not to disagree with littleMrsBenny, but Jenny has also seen the Doctor this young!

SDooM wrote: »
    Not to disagree with littleMrsBenny, but Jenny has also seen the Doctor this young!

oh i know.... I tried this with her.... hence the need for special containment.

littleMissBenny..... ahhhh...... (Warms up his Les Dawson routine)....

• Advertisement

oh i know.... I tried this with her.... hence the need for special containment.

littleMissBenny..... ahhhh...... (Warms up his Les Dawson routine)....

Well, when you are trying to capture her, remember not to cross the streams.

I'm still betting she's the companion who finally got him in the sack. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

not sure who she is, but rewatching it I think there's more to this meeting then it being the
    first time they meet. Watch how she reacts to him saying he's never met her before. If you use wibbly wobbly time travel. His 2nd meeting with her is her real first and his first meeting with her will be her last whatever there relationship is starts and flourishes etc, but she actually dies the first time they meet. So she'll die in the 2nd part and she knows it because this meeting is not recorded in her little book, and he will go start whatever their relationship is after this with full knowledge of when and where she is going to die.

thats my 2 cent anyway.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    not sure who she is, but rewatching it I think there's more to this meeting then it being the
    first time they meet. Watch how she reacts to him saying he's never met her before. If you use wibbly wobbly time travel. His 2nd meeting with her is her real first and his first meeting with her will be her last whatever there relationship is starts and flourishes etc, but she actually dies the first time they meet. So she'll die in the 2nd part and she knows it because this meeting is not recorded in her little book, and he will go start whatever their relationship is after this with full knowledge of when and where she is going to die.
    Yup, that's pretty much exactly what I predicted in the episode thread - great minds, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I know it's incredibly un-PC to point out that we're not all cast from the same mold and whatnot but Alex Kingston/River Song isn't black.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

thats my 2 cent anyway.
    Yeah that's not a bad theory actually; I imagine there'll be some turning point in the second part where the Doc + Donna *could* have flitted off into space (with Donna presumably dead) but instead the Doctor chose to stay and fight, thus closing the loop on the paradox. A shame because, to be fair, River Song seems like a decent character.

I know it's incredibly un-PC to point out that we're not all cast from the same mold and whatnot but Alex Kingston/River Song isn't black.

isnt she? bang goes that theory for another reason. Now if this was any other Who forum I could say that Martha has ingested the wine of Gallifrey and she is half time lord and can re-generate and went forward in time to meet him before she was young and I bet you're so sorry you started reading this aren't you, it's just like the crap you get on Digital Spy innit?

isnt she? bang goes that theory for another reason. Now if this was any other Who forum I could say that Martha has ingested the wine of Gallifrey and she is half time lord and can re-generate and went forward in time to meet him before she was young and I bet you're so sorry you started reading this aren't you, it's just like the crap you get on Digital Spy innit?
    Pfffh, fanboy. Everyone knows River Song is actually Romana, and that Adam was Davros all along. ;)

pixelburp wrote: »
    Pfffh, fanboy. Everyone knows River Song is actually Romana, and that Adam was Davros all along. ;)

Wait. River Song is a Roma?

Actually I'd quite like to see Romana back. I loved city of death.

Wait. River Song is a Roma?

I am soooo tempted to make a joke, but I fear I'd end up like poor Sully in Feedback....

I am soooo tempted to make a joke, but I fear I'd end up like poor Sully in Feedback....

Yes, as a moderator you must hold yourself on a pedastal and not sully yourself with low brow jokes.

(Insert "yore ma" joke here)

• Advertisement

Awww, make the joke. If anyone asks we'll say it was that guy over there
    *points*

Actually just thought of something supporting my theory and BlitzKreigs: the Doctor was told by the Ood that his song was almost at an end. Did they in fact mean his Song and that's why River Song will be toast shortly?

Actually just thought of something supporting my theory and BlitzKreigs: the Doctor was told by the Ood that his song was almost at an end. Did they in fact mean his Song and that's why River Song will be toast shortly?

Oooooh. Bet you're right. Didn't catch that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 TheForeSkins

Yeah that's not a bad theory actually; I imagine there'll be some turning point in the second part where the Doc + Donna *could* have flitted off into space (with Donna presumably dead) but instead the Doctor chose to stay and fight, thus closing the loop on the paradox. A shame because, to be fair, River Song seems like a decent character.

You could be right there. I have to say, this has had me thinkin over the past week, and I cant wait to see what happens.
    I get the feeling she meets the Doctor in his current incarnation sometime in Season 5 and that what you are saying makes sense if she dies in next weeks episode. Although perhaps shes not just a companion, in a human sense, or a lover in a human sense...maybe shes a member of his race...Face of Boe said he wasnt alone and this might not only include The Master

You could be right there. I have to say, this has had me thinkin over the past week, and I cant wait to see what happens.
    I get the feeling she meets the Doctor in his current incarnation sometime in Season 5 and that what you are saying makes sense if she dies in next weeks episode. Although perhaps shes not just a companion, in a human sense, or a lover in a human sense...maybe shes a member of his race...Face of Boe said he wasnt alone and this might not only include The Master
    Interesting idea... she could be Romana, or the Rani, or some other time lord who's name begins with R... RTD likes bring back the oldies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 TheForeSkins

Interesting idea... she could be Romana, or the Rani, or some other time lord who's name begins with R... RTD likes bring back the oldies.
    Actually, now I think about it, the Dr recently reminded us that he was once married. Any chance it could be his wife? I know thats prob stupid cause of course he would have already met her, but River Song could have regenerated. Or maybe the Dr himself is a pre destination paradox and is the cause for the birth of his race.

Actually, now I think about it, the Dr recently reminded us that he was once married. Any chance it could be his wife? I know thats prob stupid cause of course he would have already met her, but River Song could have regenerated. Or maybe the Dr himself is a pre destination paradox and is the cause for the birth of his race.

Good theory but I don't think RTD would think in that complex lines.

PS. I love your sig!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

If she is a Timelord, then she could have met the Doc in a future incarnation, they always seem to recognise each other no matter what they look like.
    If she's not a Timelord, then she must have met him while he's still David Tennant.
    Perhaps for the next series DT could be aged a bit.
    PopeBenny, have you started a cfontinuity thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

they always seem to recognise each other no matter what they look like.
    The Doctor didn't recognise the Master in his last incarnation...

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »

That was because of the Chameleon Arch Thingamebobslickdohickey.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Yes, but The Master, or Yana as he was then, was totally human at that point so presumably the Doctor's timeywimey senses weren't tingling when they met.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Yes, but The Master, or Yana as he was then, was totally human at that point so presumably the Doctor's timeywimey senses weren't tingling when they met.

Thats true , neither The Doctor nor Yana knew he was a timelord till he opened the fob watch.

Advertisement