Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Hall

Options
  • 01-06-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it is possible to access the top floor of the County Hall, just to sample the view?

I've never had the chance to go up there and have heard there is a restaurant/cafe thingy up there but I'm not sure if it is public or what.

Even if it is private, has anyone here ever bluffed their way in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Step 1: Get a Good Camera

Step 2: Go to County Hall.

Step 3: "Hi, I'm <Your Name here>, I am a Freelance Photographer and Journalist. I am Doing an Article about the Amazing and forgotten view of Cork. May I go to the Top floor to take a few quick Pictures?"

If that doesnt work I won't be surprized but not much else will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Fabio wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is possible to access the top floor of the County Hall, just to sample the view?

I've never had the chance to go up there and have heard there is a restaurant/cafe thingy up there but I'm not sure if it is public or what.

UCC GAA Ball was on up there in March

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Heard on the radio that the restaurant was open to the public for one day a few weeks ago for some event (can't remember what for).

Can't hurt to just ask if you can go up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Ill just have to ask I guess. Bringing a fancy camera couldn't hurt I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Fabio wrote: »

I've always wondered about that. Would love to see the view from up there.

• Advertisement

I'll probably try tomorrow so I'll leave you know how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I went up there a few years ago to fix a wireless point to point link. Great view alright. I would like to see what it's like from the top of the Elysian, would pay to go up the crane.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maximus82

Was up there about a year ago.....they use the top floor as a function room but it was empty when I went up. No need to say anything to anyone there.....just get the lift to the top floor (17th I think) and work away....thats what I did anyway and there was nobody around up there and we spent a good 15mins up there.

Thanks Maximus. I'd say I'll postpone it till tomorrow, wearing shorts might mark me out hahahaha! Going to go up in jeans and some casual shirt, who are they to know I don't work there eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Take a few photos and post them up if you succeed

• Advertisement

Will do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

if it doesn't work you could always hire a crane

Well I made it to the top pretty easily though you do have to be wary of people working in the buidling and such.

One word....impressive! And mightily so. The interior of the tower seems to be done in this dark hardwood, even on the wall paneling which is pretty old school, but of it's time.

The lifts were dead quick too haha!

Anyway the pictures are attached so take a look. They have a website actually for the function room up there...click

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

That's some view alright! Thanks for posting them.

Not at all, they deserved to be posted...wish I had a better camera though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I was on the roof of the new IT building in UCC yesterday.
    This is taken looking towards the county hall.

2567598517_4629078bc2.jpg

more here if anyone's interested.

Nice pics there...a good camera too I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cool pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

We need a name now..The Heights Gang!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Are you man enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Are you man enough?
    Can the public actually get up there?Been up shandon steeple many atime.

Never been up Shandon or the North Cathedral actually....must look into that!

Advertisement