Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail Park Gripe

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

I dont want to slag irish people off (I like living here and the people are great!) but most of the learner drivers (or people driving without a licence half legaly)

Now this is getting really silly. It's got nothing to do with nationality. We Irish are no better or no worse than anyone else in this case. If this is all you can retort to then I will not bother arguing with you about this any further.

P.S I was one of them learner drivers not that long ago and I never regarded my driving during that period as driving around 'half legally')

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

muffler wrote: »
    I dont have a problem with analogies but I do have a problem when I see someone posting a rant about people drinking in bars while drawing state benefits which in this particular case has got sweet FA to to with the topic at hand.

If the threads warrant such comments then thats fine but it wont be derailed because of your personal opinions and views on other matters not pertinent to the thread.

And your view is as important here as anyone elses and I will respect anyone's legitimate view or opinion but providing it is relevant to the topic.

I made a post above and made it plain that one part of it was as a user here and the other part was basically a mod note. In the users part of the post I stuck to the point being debated and give my opinion on it and left it at that. We have been down this road before about the continual off topic comments and the derailment of some threads so it s not unreasonable of me to request that you refrain from posting comments that are way wide of the mark.

If you have a point of view on the car parking issue then state it but leave it at that please.

I think you're clever enough to know that the analogy used of doleys drinking in bars laughing at us.... is in reference to the state and society becoming big softies, politically correct, supporting and at times encouraging wasters while they go after us with their taxes. I said as much at the time, it's pandering. Everyone else involved in the thread, whist most disagree with me, at least understood my argument, so again, I don't think the use of analogies is off topic.
    By tolerating these silly rules like having designated car parking spaces for kids at a retail park with a car park the size of 3 or 4 croke parks ...it just adds to the stupidity of it all.

Should all the shops up there have designated kiddie parking .... how many should each unit have?
    As I said before, who will police it, who pays for it all?

I also think you are being over strict about what's on topic/off topic .... you have to have some licence to express an opinion.

If threads ended in Yes or No, it would be a pretty boring place to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭cronndiesel

Xiney wrote: »
    Do you ask to see their passport?

Would you look at me and know that I'm foreign?

i would i can spot all the foreginers like they can spot us in nigeria or england

they say say they can tell us by our walk ''its hunched over a bit like an ape-no offence mate!'':rolleyes: (im thinking if i said that about you at home id be nailed to the street!!) or ''of course your skin turns red in the sun and peels you also dont like to get your hands dirty''
    honestly i perfer to know and i thank them for their honesty at least you know where you stand

we really should grow up over this race business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭cronndiesel

the massive car park is full of people who cant park and think you should park as close as you can up somebody's car and it's full of people who really dont watch where they are going. I dont want to slag irish people off (I like living here and the people are great!) but most of the learner drivers (or people driving without a licence half legaly) and even the avarage driver here are very bad at anticipating dangers!

how do you practice for a full licence and get experience its a bit like the jobs now a days all ''at least 2 years relevent expericence'' which means more ''doleily drinkers'' :phow do you get expericence if you have to have it to get it in the first place:confused::confused::confused: its not always possible to have a person with a full licence hold your hand(metaphoricly speaking) as you go about at 20mph- not to many front page accidents here at that speed what about the country your from???

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Culchie wrote: »
    I also think you are being over strict about what's on topic/off topic .... you have to have some licence to express an opinion.
    Any registered user of boards.ie is entitled to post their opinion providing they conform to the charter. They dont need a licence as you put it. Your remarks were off topic and you are still persisting with dragging this out. Now I have asked you before to stay on topic but now Im telling you. If you are not happy PM me, go to the help desk or just start a thread in feedback about it.

Culchie wrote: »
    If threads ended in Yes or No, it would be a pretty boring place to be.
    This isnt a poll. At the time of posting this there have been 35 posts in total in the thread and none of them have had a simple yes/no reply. Everyone else except you is capable of putting their point across and stick to the topic at hand.

This is far from the first time you have engaged in this type of behaviour and I have let a lot of it go but as I said to you before as a moderator you should know better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is getting ridiculous at this stage with the sheer amount of flaming and off topic posting and also as there is nothing else left to discuss I am locking this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement