Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shillelagh

Options
  • 01-06-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hey all...

Starting to work in Shillelagh in July, Im from Dublin, don't knwo the area very well, just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it>? tyring to decide whether to live in Shillelagh itself ro live in Carlow town? Im 22, goign down with another 22 yr old so want a bit of atmosphere and excitement - Im guessing Shillelagh aint really the place for that??? What actuallly in the village??? Is accommodation easy to get in Shillelagh itself?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Well shillelagh has two pubs one shop/petrol station and a post office! Thats it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

when i come over to ireland on holiday from the uk the place i go to is shillelagh lovely place and handy to tour ireland from the parkview pub sell good food and sell the best pint in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

I'd live in carlow or tullow if you want a bit more nitelife and might be easier to meet people too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Gorey is probably a good option too, good few pubs and 2 night clubs, its got Dunnes/Tesco/Aldi/Lidl/Supervalue and that new shopping centre. It's not as developed as Carlow but it's a nicer place to live and probably more friendly. Close to the sea etc. It's a bit closer to shillelagh than carlow is (~25mins) and its under an hour from Dublin down the M50/N11

Advertisement