Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moan & Advice (if poss)

Options
  • 01-06-2008 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

First posting. I just want to let off some steam and see if anyone else has or is experiencing the same problem. I rent a three bedroomed semi detached house in the Tipp area. Next door an Eastern European couple have rented and sub-let to another three couples. This seems to be the norm in this area. My problem is, next door is constantly noisy. There is always someone coming and going at all hours, loud techno music, doors constantly banging and five different cars (including loud exhaust and techno bang-bang music blaring!) also coming and going at all hours.

I’m not one for moaning, and I’ve tried the banging on the wall (but who is making the noise when all the rooms are occupied by four different couples who probably don’t know each other!) and I’ve made hand gestures when the younger ones are parked outside playing loud music to turn down the music, but all I get is dirty stares and talking in their native language.

Has anyone any advice? Surely there must be a law for landlords to follow (maybe fire regulations?) in regards to the amount of people living in a house? I don’t want to cause them or myself trouble, I just want to be able to read or watch TV in peace. There are so many properties in the area for rent nowadays, so surely this would help the local economy if landlord stopped the practice of sub-letting?

Advertisement