Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday Spin? ...Mon June 2nd

Options
  • 01-06-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭

anyone up for a spin wicklow tomorrow?

along the same lines as the usual saturday spin, i.e 10 o'clock at harold's x dogtrack and on to dundrum, then out to enniskerry and wherever the mood takes us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

niceonetom wrote: »
    anyone up for a spin wicklow tomorrow?

along the same lines as the usual saturday spin, i.e 10 o'clock at harold's x dogtrack and on to dundrum, then out to enniskerry and wherever the mood takes us.

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

I'm out I'm afraid, bike is in the shop getting serviced before the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Raam- good stuff - i'll see you in dundrum so.

cards on the table though - i be going SLOWLY tomorrow (certainly by your stndards) so don't expect too much of a work out. flogging myself over the hills won't do me any good at this late stage.

any other? i know i left it a bit late to post this...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

not i, hoping to do a brew in the morning, then will spin out for 30km or so in the anoon... just want to test out the knees a bit, still a bit tender :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Just home now, and I gotta be honest -a lil tipsy! If conscious tomorrow I'm in, though it's unlikely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

damn hadnt noticed this thread. wud definitely have joined ye. howth on my ownio it i so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

that's a pity bambaata - sorry i left it very late to post.

just Raam and meself today (you lazy bastards :pac:) but was bloody lovely out there around djouce.

stats: 96.9km @24.6kmh (average) which was boosted a bit by the fast trip back from rathfarnam at the end. very pleased as i seemed stronger than on saturday. @Raam - thanks for going at my pace, hope it was too boring for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Lads, Didn't see this until now. Would have gone but as I didn't, I went to Howth on my own which was lovely just the same. Went up through the village to the summit car park and down by the graveyard to the lights. Then up and back by the graveyard (to get in the hills a bit). It was absolutely lovely out there, though there was a swarm of bees on on of the flat bits that I ended up passing a couple of times - it was like playing 'asteroids' with them all running into me! Anyway went on to Portmarnock and Malahide which were jammers with folks going to the beach. Might do the same now I'm back, choc-ice and beer sound attractive right now.
    By the way, KenMc the knees - could they be to do with your cleats? My problem was? Good luck with them, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

went oyut to howth myself. not quite that distance. just covered 38.20km @26.2kmh average. just nice to stretch the legs.

niceonetom wrote: »
    @Raam - thanks for going at my pace, hope it was too boring for you.

Don't mention it mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Cadex wrote: »
    By the way, KenMc the knees - could they be to do with your cleats? My problem was? Good luck with them, anyway.
    I hope not, cos they've not been adjusted for about 9 months....
    edit:just measured them, the right one (problem knee) was rotated by about 7mm over the length of the shoe, were like that since first installed... corrected, so will see how it goes. although i thought the float would have accounted for the twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I took it into my mind to try to work my way at least part way up Two Rock on Saturday. I got as far as the 150, countour and decided "nah". :(:) The trip down was nice though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

kenmc wrote: »
    I hope not, cos they've not been adjusted for about 9 months....
    edit:just measured them, the right one (problem knee) was rotated by about 7mm over the length of the shoe, were like that since first installed... corrected, so will see how it goes. although i thought the float would have accounted for the twist.

Ken, You remember I stopped and adjusted mine the other day? It was better but I adjusted them again today and it was better again. Don't know why but it appears the slightest bit out makes all the difference (over a spin). This all started because when I got the new bike and new pedals (with new cleats), I thought I should fit them. The problem was though I only marked one and I had the other one off before I copped it (the problem one). I'm sorry I changed the cleats now (the old ones were comfortable) but there you go. Mostly you have to adjust them so that your feet are in line with (parallel to) the bike which usually means they have a slight 'turn in' on the shoe. The float then is the bit either side of the 'right' position. That's the theory, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Sounds like you all had a good weekand of cycling. My weekend of drinking wasn't the best preparation in the world, but my legs felt very fresh cycling to work today so maybe I needed the break.

Going to do a few kns this evening - 30 or 40 - and then I'm not going to do anything else bar cycling to work.

What are everybody else's plans for the last week? A short spin and nothing else, nothing at all or maybe a few short spins through the week?

dub_skav wrote: »
    Sounds like you all had a good weekand of cycling. My weekend of drinking wasn't the best preparation in the world, but my legs felt very fresh cycling to work today so maybe I needed the break.

Going to do a few kns this evening - 30 or 40 - and then I'm not going to do anything else bar cycling to work.

What are everybody else's plans for the last week? A short spin and nothing else, nothing at all or maybe a few short spins through the week?

I'm thinking a nice, easy 50 or so on Saturday, maybe just up to Enniskerry, and back via the coast and Killiney hill, just to stretch out the legs and that, then big bowl of pasta, and early night in time for a half six start on Sunday :)

I'm thinking a nice, easy 50 or so on Saturday, maybe just up to Enniskerry, and back via the coast and Killiney hill, just to stretch out the legs and that, then big bowl of pasta, and early night in time for a half six start on Sunday :)

I plan on doing a totally flat spin on the Saturday, 30 or 40 km, very easy pace. No hills :)

Raam wrote: »
    I plan on doing a totally flat spin on the Saturday, 30 or 40 km, very easy pace. No hills :)

Do you know how to take it easy :D Come out with me, lets throw in Killiney hill for laughs, and have ice cream in Dun Laoghaire :)

Do you know how to take it easy :D Come out with me, lets throw in Killiney hill for laughs, and have ice cream in Dun Laoghaire :)

When one does most of his spins with Fast Roger, it's impossible to take it easy.
    I won't be out in Killiney on Sat, but I threw in a few laps of it at the weekend, and I can confirm it is still steep :)

Raam wrote: »
    When one does most of his spins with Fast Roger, it's impossible to take it easy.
    I won't be out in Killiney on Sat, but I threw in a few laps of it at the weekend, and I can confirm it is still steep :)

Jeff and I did it on Saturday, and yup, it's pretty steep :)

Fair dues about fast Roger, thankfully we're mostly out with Buck(fast) Roger -sorry mate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

dub_skav wrote: »
    I did a 40mins duathlon training session yesterday with the duathlon (~45min) on Wednesday night (Phoenix Park). After that I plan to take it very easy: take train/walk to work on Thurs instead of cycling; work from home Friday; rest on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

thankfully we're mostly out with Buck(fast) Roger -sorry mate! :D

I'm not hanging around here to listen to this sort of abuse, if you want me I'll be in the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

that was pretty steep! i was huffin and puffin all the way up. ive got some work to do. but it was a great cycle back to center city i must say.

jwwie wrote: »
    that was pretty steep! i was huffin and puffin all the way up. ive got some work to do. but it was a great cycle back to center city i must say.

Sure come out on Saturday and take another run at it :)

Advertisement