Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Jobs

Options
  • 01-06-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I'm just sitting my Junior Cert exam now, I currently have a job, but I'm aware that because of the kind of place (Kids Play Centre) That in the Summer, provoding there's good weather, I probably wont be getting very many hours.

So this is where you come in, I have a fairly impressive CV, and I'm wondering is tehre anywhere that you guys know are hiring in the Malahide/Swords Area..Even Possibly Santry or somewhere, either retail, restaraunt..anything really.

I'd be extremely happy to hear your views on this.

Thanks in Advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Johann one thing i would say is be careful. Have been in your position and when i was your age the places i worked i had crap money (u18 minimum wage is €5.30 or something silly) crap conditions and most of all brutal hours.

In saying that most shops will take people your age on, places like spars, newsagents etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Your best bet is to drop your CV into as many places as you can, regardless of whether there is a sign up for positions.

Make a note of all the places you've dropped the CVs and make a follow-up call a few days after. This shows how keen you are and will also stop you wondering whats happening if they don't call.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Aye, at the moment I'm on €7 and hour, plus the PRSI I get back, which brings it up to about €7.56 on average, so it aint that bad, it's just I'd rather have a different/better job, which better suits me.

I wouldn't mind a Centra or a Spar, or something similar, infact I'll ask around later.

Thanks dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    crap conditions and most of all brutal hours
    I'm puzzled as to how you could have had 'crap' conditions and 'brutal' hours (unless of course, you were employed illegally,). The regulations concerning employing minors are quite strict.

For example, a person under 16 is subject to a maximun working week of 35 hours and they must not commence duty prior to 8am and they cannot legally work after 8pm.

Good luck with the job search Johann. :)

Advertisement