Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Last year it sucked as we didn't really have a specific thread and it was hard to keep conversations going.

there was actually, ROCKMAN started it. people were just too ignorant to use it despite our efforts.

on Robinho; i'll believe it when i see it. I think he's too slight for the premiership anyway. don't think he'd have anywhere near the impact you'd expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

I think the club need to build more stability at management level. There were too many disruptive influences last season imo with Mourinho leaving and most fans lacking belief in Grant. I feel with Abramovich, while his wealth has brought fantastic success to the club his interference leads to superstar players coming in who don't nessecarily fit in with the team around them (ie Shevchenko).

Mark Hughes would be my choice to fill the vacancy. He built a solid, tough to break down Blackburn side on a low-scale budget. The team gelled and worked well as a unit.

Player wise Robinho would be very good quality especially if SWP leaves for Villa. Ribery was linked as were glamour signings Messi and Kaka. Should be an interesting summer even for the non-Chelsea fans!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=721857

Carlo Ancelotti is on the verge of taking over as coach of Chelsea, as Sky Sports News claims that the Milan boss' representatives have agreed a deal for him to move to Stamford Bridge.

Ancelotti has been strongly linked with taking over at Chelsea ever since the sacking of Avram Grant just under a fortnight ago.

Sky Sports News claims that the Milan coach's representatives held talks with Chelsea officials this afternoon which resulted in an agreement for him to move to West London.

Now all that remains is for Ancelotti to give his final go-ahead to the deal, and for the Blues to agree a compensation package with Milan.

This all follows reports in the Italian media that Ancelotti met with Roman Abramovich in Paris last night at the Four Seasons George V hotel near the Eiffel Tower, where the Chelsea owner offered the Italian a four-year contract.

The meeting was long and thorough, and the Russian billionaire offered Carletto 7.2 million Euros net per year, as well as 100 million Euros to invest immediately on transfers, with the first target being Kaka.

Assistant coach to Ancelotti will reportedly be former Chelsea playing legend Gianfranco Zola, who is currently working with the Italy Under-21 national team.

Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani has admitted that Ancelotti was in Paris last night but denied it was to have talks with Abramovich.
    "I spoke with Ancelotti. He was in Paris, but not to meet Abramovich. He was in Paris for business," said the transfer guru.
    Whatever the exact truth, it certainly seems that Chelsea are homing on their new manager.
    Roberto Rossi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I don't think Robinho would represent value for money. Tbh I'd much prefer to see him go to Utd in whatever swap deal involving Ronaldo would be. (Mainly to get Ronaldo out of England!)

It's hard to say who we need. We'll have Ivanovic & Bosingwa fit and ready for next season. If Carvalho stays we'll be more than okay at the back.

I genuinely hope Shevvers stays for at least one more season.

Get rid of Pizzaro, Drogba, Ben Haim, Malouda and I'll be happy.

Love to see Santa Cruz in there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/03/premierleague.chelsea
    a second source for Ancelotti link
    looks likely that Kaka will get talked up a lot now.

do we really need kaka would he fit in?

It all depends on wether we can keep hold of essien and lampard really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

He just said he is staying at Milan

Breaking news on SSN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Would anyone else favour Vialli's return with Zola as his number 2? Personally, I'd love to see him back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Would anyone else favour Vialli's return with Zola as his number 2? Personally, I'd love to see him back

Most fans would but it would mean 2-3 years to build a team a team whereas
    abramovich is looking for a big name manager who will attract big players
    who can make an instant impact.
    Someone like ancelotti maybe able to bring Kaka, Rijkaard maybe able to bring Deco or Messi etc.
    Unfortunately Vialli doesnt have the same draw with players that im aware of.
    Pity because he is one nice guy and seeing Zola again can only be good for the premiership.
    Neither have the track record to warrant the job though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

think we got enough of wee men on the side already-malouda and swp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I think Steve Clarke should get the job.He probably has more sense though .

Would love to see Zola return to the club in some capacity but hes doing a good job in Italy with there underage teams AFAIK.

Ancelotti is out of the running and Hughes should take over at City by Thursday. I pray to God that Deschamps and Mancini aren't going to get it.

Will also be interesting to see if Mourinho goes after Lamps, Essien, Drogba or Carvalho.Selling Essien or Carvalho would be a seriously bad move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I, like most Newcastle fans, and probably King Kev as well, would gladly let you take Dennis Wise off of our payroll.

I, like most Newcastle fans, and probably King Kev as well, would gladly let you take Dennis Wise off of our payroll.
    I, like most Chelsea fans, and probably Roman Abramovich aswell, will gladly let you hold onto Dennis Wise' services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Please don't take Lampard and Drogba away !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

What happened to the 3 kids you nicked from us? Michael Woods, Tom Taiwo and Ben Gordon?

Are they gonna make it?

Well we did get to the FA cup yout final this year and Taiwo was definitely starting but I'll hold off any judgement until next years Champo is out.

Spalletti is now on our shortlist according to Sky, decent manager but not really good enough

they would want to pull the finger out or god knows who we will end up having as manager

papagormo wrote: »
    they would want to pull the finger out or god knows who we will end up having as manager

I'd prefer if we waited until after Euro 2008 and see who stays and who will go. Scolari and Hiddink may find it easier to join if they are no longer tied down and if Holland win than the outward bound Van Basten would be worth a crack of the whip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'd prefer if we waited until after Euro 2008 and see who stays and who will go. Scolari and Hiddink may find it easier to join if they are no longer tied down and if Holland win than the outward bound Van Basten would be worth a crack of the whip
    He's going to Ajax after Euro 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hope this ends any speculation and that he stays.Stay away Jose!!
    Michael Essien's representatives insists the midfielder is happy at Chelsea and have denied he has any interest in joining Internazionale.

There has been speculation that the Ghana midfielder would be reunited with former manager José Mourinho who was unveiled as the new Inter boss yesterday (Wednesday).

But Essien's agent Fabien Piveteau, confirmed: 'Michael is very happy at Chelsea and that is where he will be playing next season. His current contract runs until 2012. There has been no approach from Inter.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I would like to see Steve Clarke as manager

OUT

Drogba
    Shevchenko
    Malouda
    Sidwell
    Ben Haim
    Makelele

IN

Ronaldiniho
    Villa
    Barry (if Lamps left)
    Dos Santos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

9.5 million yoyos mutu's gotta pay chelsea for that drugs test fail in '04:eek::eek:
    a bit much imo... on ssn tickertape

staker wrote: »
    9.5 million yoyos mutu's gotta pay chelsea for that drugs test fail in '04:eek::eek:
    a bit much imo... on ssn tickertape

lol, that's going to hurt.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3657347,00.html
    Romania striker Adrian Mutu has been ordered by Fifa to pay €12 million to Chelsea for testing positive for cocaine in 2004, according to his lawyer.

Chelsea bought Mutu from Parma in 2003 for £15million and let him go in October 2004 after he tested positive for cocaine. He was suspended from all football for the next seven months.

The English Premier League also ruled that Mutu's misconduct was a unilateral breach of contract without just cause. In December 2005, an appeal filed by Mutu against the Premier League's decision was dismissed.

Fifa made the decision after the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled in May 2007 that the world football body would decide what fine Mutu should pay.

Chelsea had asked for £8million (€10 million) in compensation, a claim that was based on the transfer value of Mutu, but Fifa have now ruled Mutu must pay Chelsea €12million (£9.6million).

Appeal
    Mutu's lawyer, Cristian Sarbu, said the player would contest the fine in a civil court. Sarbu added that the decision was not final and Mutu would not pay any compensation until all legal avenues had been exhausted.

"People should understand that this is a decision taken by a sporting tribunal," Sarbu said. "After this is final, this decision can be taken to a civil court."

i'd say it will be slashed on appeal though.

Wow the poor guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yeah thats alot of money to have to pay for one small mistake, that so many people who work regular jobs make.

id wipe the slate clean(pun), take him back on the condition that he scores at least 30 goals a season!

ah i dont know if he is up to it.

He's a great man for making his striking partners look good. Gilardino, Adriano and Toni are prime examples

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Athletico Madrid say that Chelsea target Sergio Aguero is not for sale, despite reports the Blues have made a £43.75m bid for the Argentine striker. (1556 BST, Agence France-Presse)

Pretty surreal if its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Goddam i love press speculation when it comes to Chelsea. I always wondered do the press have a template for Chelsea, with just fill in name, transfer bid, club and age and the template does the rest even doubles\triples the transfer bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

It must be so easy to report on football these days. Nothing happening and they ain't getting a lot of change out of Ronaldo yet (who lets face it is reveling in all this speculation) so they thing right what can we come up with.

Chelsea, Del Piero or whoever, 60million plus Terry and Carvalho its a done deal!

strong links to signing Eto'o and Ribery oh my.

hope to god caravlho doesnt go to inter.

Let the david Villa rumours commence, i'd say tomorro whe will be linked to arsenal, liverpool, chelsea, united, man city, spurs, inter, juve and Barcelona in different papers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

hope to god caravlho doesnt go to inter.

Ugh, his quotes don't exactly fill me with conifidence. We cannot afford to lose him or Essien.

what were his quotes, or are they the same as pre champions league final that we lost.

wait just saw those comments yeah he sure does want to go alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

strong links to signing Eto'o and Ribery oh my.

Link?
    selpher wrote:
    Ugh, his quotes don't exactly fill me with conifidence. We cannot afford to lose him or Essien.

And eh....Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

topnutz wrote: »

And eh....Link?

http://www.skysports.com/football/euro2008/story/0,23063,11966_3674129,00.html

its pretty much everywhere. I guess he's just waitng to see whose coming and going before he decides. Hopefully he'll stay.

• Advertisement

maybe scolari will settle him,

anyone think spurs will eb good next year with dos santos and modric?

zico left Fenerbache today. having brought them farther in the CL than they have ever reached previously some seem to consider him an outside contender (although i haven't exactly been able to find where this initial rumour came from). but still, anyone think it's a possibility? I certainly don't think Rijkaard or Mancini have done anything more impressive than him... and they seem the only big names left in the race.

Luiz Felipe Scolari is our new manager,

reactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Luiz Felipe Scolari is our new manager,

reactions?

what does he have to win nxt season?

He was a good player in his day the 59 year old, similar to Galasek now.
    And he certainly caught the headlines during his brief spell with Kuwait in 1990 but I may be missing the real aspects of this

Will he be able to keep a hold of Carvalho now? I'd say so
    I'd say Lampard will probably move and am unsure of Essien, the only reason he might leave is everyone loves him, he has consistently stated his desire to stay.
    Deco could well come in, and I think he is a worthy replacement for Lampard, boo, hiss, I know.

who will be the surprises brought in?
    ronaldinho?
    Ronaldo?
    Kaka?
    Villa?
    Joaquin?
    M. Gomez?
    Klose?
    Adriano?
    Pirlo?

Hell it could be anyone, we only really need to replace any players we lose, and sign two star strikers eg Villa & Eto'o/Ibra
    and a winger instead of SWP & Malouda.

some other guys opinion
    some Big Phil's chess game stunts:

1) In 2001, got a demoralized Brazil side in tatters, even under jeopardy of not qualifiyng to World Cup - first time in history - and drove them to lift it in 2002.

2) In 2001, barred almighty Romario - for what he got his car stoned by a furious mob - denying even claims of Brazil's President, and became World Champion breaking all records.

3) In 2003, got the Portuguese squad under a xenophobic clima, then summoned an unknown brazilian Deco to top position in field, defyed almighty media, and lead Portugal to heavens never dreamt of, besides driving the whole country into euphoric delight of glory and madness of pride.

4) In two life-or-death games against Brits, slapped England's Sven twice, both in World Cup and Euro semis.

5) Twice won Libertadores Cup (South American Clubs Cup) against the argies, a facade which is top rank success and glory, even for highly demanding Brazilian standards.

6) Barred almighty national portuguese idol Figo in semis against England, and won the game for this swift move winning unanimous recognition.

7) Ah ! And his top achievement ever, that CANNOT be surpassed by any title in Europe:

Two times Brazilian national champion !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Great appointment. I'm delighted today. We now have a manager who takes no crap and will put the boot into anyone giving it to him. At times many said last year Chelsea since Grant came in lost all disipline and the players really rules the roost. Now thats not going to be the case.

Big Phil has shown constantly its his way or no way. Even in his way he has produced the goods over and over. World cup winning coach? I'll have some of that.

With regards to the players I think this would end the Carvalho rumours. Lamps may go but Scolari would fill that position with Ballack and bring Essien back into the middle and just let them run wild.

so whats the jazz with drogs,is he staying or going?
    http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8695_3689959,00.html

so whats the jazz with drogs,is he staying or going?
    http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8695_3689959,00.html

from what I hear, all interested parties would rather Eto'o or Adebayor as they are younger. he'll probably go, but i think it won't be until near enough the close of the transfer window, and for not as much as Chelsea would like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I presume Kenyon will be writing to FIFA about this :D

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3697958,00.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement