Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

well im delighted with that performance! was reading one of the papers the day after the match, they listed all the injured players but failed to mention poor aul deco, somebody didnt do their homework!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Deco came on as a sub?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Yep came on for Lampard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

So Deco fully fit for Liverpool ??

I hope he doesn't get injured against Roma ...

Id definitely say he'll be back all right. Hopefully Cole and Carvalho will be back again.

Looks like we will probably be getting two signings in January according to Scolari today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

When is Joe Cole due back.

Good news for tonight Deco, Carvalho and Cech all start. I'd be hoping for a very good performance and result tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

18-0 chelsea tonight i'd say.

So close from Lampard there.

Roma are playing very deep and defensive at the moment but we are not able to break them down as of yet.

• Advertisement

Disappointed so far. Again we seem to be lacking quality up front. We seem unable to break Roma down. I dont think we've had a decent shot on target so far.

Some of our passing has been very poor tonight. Not one of our better performances. Di Santo about to come on.

Come on Terry you legend! 1-0

Happy with the result, not so much with the performance.Roma did put 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes, not 1 shot on target from them. That should be qualification secured now.

MOM for me was Mikel.Fantastic performance from him again tonight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

So close from Lampard there.
    Roma are playing very deep and defensive at the moment but we are not able to break them down as of yet.
    Disappointed so far. Again we seem to be lacking quality up front. We seem unable to break Roma down. I dont think we've had a decent shot on target so far.
    Some of our passing has been very poor tonight. Not one of our better performances. Di Santo about to come on.
    Come on Terry you legend! 1-0
    Happy with the result, not so much with the performance.Roma did put 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes, not 1 shot on target from them. That should be qualification secured now.

MOM for me was Mikel.Fantastic performance from him again tonight.

The debate is heating up in here.

Lol still a bit livelier than it was on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

sorry I will get back involved in this thread for saturday and beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

TRY I don't know maybe

A MATCH THREAD

like everyone esle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Ok people, I was watching the game last night and decided to play a little game...

How many of the 1997 Cup winning side would you have out of the field last night ?

Perhaps because I was sitting in Sardinia , I obviously thought of Zola, but what about Vialli ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I'd have Zola out there for any game ever, little genius man.

Possibly Vialli, certainly would have more of a presence that anelka did last night. Gullit of course would get in.

Out of the rest only Le Saux or DiMatteo would merit consideration and I'm not sure they'd really make it in today's squad.

Flo, Ferrer, Deschamps, Harley, Lambourde, LeBeef, doubt it very much

Got to love this progress and the free scarves.

Good game last night, surprised to see the press describing it as a boring game, thoroughly enjoyed watching some quality opposition playing a proper italian defensive chess game, edge of the seat stuff all the way.

Thought the ref was pretty poor most of the game got a few advantage calls very wrong, the italian theatrics were comical whenever they were touched by man or ball although in fairness to the ref he cottoned to this in the second half and waved play on , only after chelsea scored did a Roma player deign to stay on their feet after a tackle.

Decided at half time that the only way we were going to score was from a set piece so ran to the bookies office to put a tenner on lampard / deco to score first.

Roma fans were great, lots of noise, good atmosphere before and after the game. Will be tough out there I think, hopefully we'll have Drogba back by then and as they'll have to try and win the game should make for a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Yes I thought the ref had a poor game , there were a few advantages , both ways he could have played.

I enjoyed the game actually , as you say it was far from boring. The italian tv was mad, the commentators were roaring and screaming I could hardly hear the crowd, but what I could hear was all Roma , it seems the Bridge is getting quieter these days.

You know what you mentioning those names brought it all back to me , what a day back in 97.... and to think we would disppointed if we ' only ' won the FAC this year .

tbh best atmosphere i've seen at the bridge for quite some time, these CL nights are good at mixing supporters around the ground, so you get a few more vocal lads in new sections not just in the shed and mhl , and the free scarves really got the place rocking.

Fair play to the roma fans though they never stopped signing all thru the game.

anybody hear the line up for todays game? im guessing

cech
    bosingwa/terry/carvalho/bridge
    lampard/mikel/deco
    kalou/anelka/malouda

ash cole to start maybe?
    will there be room for belletti in this game?

Whats every ones opinion on the result yesterday? Before the match I thought it was going to be a draw. Liverpool definitely utilized possession far better than us and I feel we cant' have any complaints about the result.

What happened yesterday finally cemented in my mind how inept our front three are. For all the possession we had we were completly inadequate infront of goal.We really didn't have that many decent efforts. Our front 3 of Malouda, Kalou and Anelka are lacking in imagination. We were nearly found out on Wednesday night when we dominated possession also without clear chances on goal.

Drogba will have huge pressure on him to score when he returns. Di Santo still has a huge way to go to make it at the club.

I think we definitely need to strenghthen in January.

anelka is certainly unpredictable at best, seems likes he's stoned most of the time, at least kalou tries and can run a bit, not sure what exactly malouda brings to the party, Di Santo is obviously highly regarded by scolari and he was better yesterday than last time out in fairness, expect him to get better as time goes on.

tbh, yesterday was annoying more because of the manner we capitulated and because its the bloody scousers who ended our run, but its not the end of the world.

We need Drogba back particulalry for the big games, and we probably need to go shopping for some striker cover at xmas.

Chelsea still have the best squad and the the depth to last a full season, I don't think anyone else really has that, we've got hull and sunderland next 2, then a little Roma trip, and then west brom, burnley, newcastle and blackburn , I'm expecting us to bounce back from yesterday's result with some conviction !

Glad to see spurs managing to win a game, they get to play the pool twice in the next few weeks, one (well two) of those games where i really want both sides to lose.

If liverpool magically played United in the league tomorrow, who woudl you want to win?

If liverpool magically played United in the league tomorrow, who woudl you want to win?

liverpool

i think

horrible decision

this looks like the perfect response from the blues after the weekend,
    go on the blues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

At least Malouda and Anelka bothered doing something today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Good result to bounce back ...

0-3 away to HULL ...

again a convincing win ... and I see a certain other team has
    won by ONE goal AGAIN ...(just like every single one of their victories)

I could say something to get me banned here ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Mikel and Lamps were great tonight. Pity no Di Santo. Probably without Riccy now for a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

jackdaw wrote: »

I could say something to get me banned here ....

Go for it Jackdaw, I'll vouch for your good character the mod forum :D

At least they go to a rejuvinated Spurs this weekend.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Go for it Jackdaw, I'll vouch for your good character the mod forum :D

At least they go to a rejuvinated Spurs this weekend.

lol

@ both

bloody typical liverpool get a 1-0 penalty win, oh well , at spurs may give them a game now (not that i believe that for a second) , but a good response to the weekends dissappointment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This whole Liverpools year thing is great, going to make the end of the season all the more sweeter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

All's Im gonna say is "Arsenal in 07/08"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

All's im going to say is Luckboxpool's luck will run out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Of course it will, they'll hit a dodgy defeat sooner or later, hell, pompy almost got a point from the game. They got lucky on Sunday, thats all, the sooner it runs out the better, I don't ever wanna listen to a happy scouse supporter again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

christ lads, relax! theres plenty of time to go, its not like Liverpool fans are screaming from the rooftops that they're gonna win the league or anything. Everyone's just happy with the run and hoping it continues. Goin' on about luck at this stage just looks a bit petty or something, I wouldn't have thought Chelsea fans would need to be coming out with stuff like that with the quality in your team and the recent success you've had!

Its not luck to come back from deficits or dodgy 3/4's of games, its sheer stubborn resilience and a refusal to give up. Something we haven't seen from Liverpool at this level of consistency for a long time, but something which you guys should be all too familiar having had this fantastic trait for the past few years. ManU and Chelsea have been putting away last minute winners for years, and what Liverpool are doing is no different, with the exception of making life more difficult for themselves first at times.

And Jackdaw, a win by 1 goal is worth exactly the same number of points as a win by 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    And Jackdaw, a win by 1 goal is worth exactly the same number of points as a win by 10.

But the team that wins by 10 is playing better.

TBH, it's unbelievably hypocritical for any of us to be complaining that Liverpool are winning 1-0. I didn't care the past 4 seasons when we were doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Bubs101 wrote: »
    TBH, it's unbelievably hypocritical for any of us to be complaining that Liverpool are winning 1-0. I didn't care the past 4 seasons when we were doing it

We owe 2 league titles to it

• Advertisement

goodmorning all!
    im just after reading that cech could be missing for todays game,the injury list is getting longer,thank gawd we have carlo!

yeah carlo is certainly a worthy replacement especially considering cech's recent form,
    so drogba isn't suspended for today is that right?

as far sa i know hes in the lineup, according to bbc sport:
    "If found guilty, he could be given a three-match ban.

Drogba has until Monday evening to give his version of events, with a hearing planned for the following day.
    "

that would suggest to me that hes allowed to play today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Cudicini
    Bosingwa
    Ivanoic
    Terry
    Bridge
    Lampard
    Mikel
    Deco
    Kalou
    Anelka
    Malouda

Subs
    Hilario
    Cole
    Drogba
    Ballack
    Sinclair
    Ferreira
    Mineiro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

BOSINGWA!

ANELKA!

Sorry,didn't realise there was a match thread

Pleased with the result today. I'd be the first to criticize Anelka this season but he scored two lovely goals today. He definitely showed class, which I would love to see more of. I think Drogba will have a lot of work to do to replace him. I was actually shocked to see Anelka was top scorer during the week because he seemed to be missing so many chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Pleased with the result today. I'd be the first to criticize Anelka this season but he scored two lovely goals today. He definitely showed class, which I would love to see more of. I think Drogba will have a lot of work to do to replace him. I was actually shocked to see Anelka was top scorer during the week because he seemed to be missing so many chances.
    Surely he can't be dropped at this stage, well on course to get 30 for the season

if we didnt have anelka, who would be ploughing in the goals for us so far this season? i think hes earned his right to pip drogs, id keep him in the 1st team for as long possible

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement