Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

F*cking Spurs anyway !!!! jesus .. typical they don't play half as well against united ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

papagormo wrote: »
    we can get 9 from 9 i reckon, no bother at tall!

Not sure about the "no bother" bit, but I still reckon 9 from 9 is still very much on the cards... Or it would fúcking well want to be anyway!!!!

Stoke, Liverpool, Wigan... Liverpool the biggest banana skin there, with Wigan and Stoke both safe (more or less) and "nothing" to play for. Liverpool still desperately hunting 4th... Dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im blinkered by smug confidence you see!
    yeah liverpool is the tough one, they have burnley on the 25th and atletico madrid on the 29th so by the time comes they play us on the 2nd, they will be knackered and will fall at the first hurdle, and we shall walk away 3-1 victors, mark my words!:D
    that and Bent scored today so hes going to lob in a few against united, i feel it in my waters.:D
    then stoke will park the bus in OT on the final day of the season, rory will lob in a throw in the dying seconds and Vidic will get an epic OG and victory shall be ours.

what the hell have i been smoking?!

im blinkered by smug confidence you see!
    yeah liverpool is the tough one, they have burnley on the 25th and atletico madrid on the 29th so by the time comes they play us on the 2nd, they will be knackered and will fall at the first hurdle, and we shall walk away 3-1 victors, mark my words!:D
    that and Bent scored today so hes going to lob in a few against united, i feel it in my waters.:D
    then stoke will park the bus in OT on the final day of the season, rory will lob in a throw in the dying seconds and Vidic will get an epic OG and victory shall be ours.

what the hell have i been smoking?!

Something good, by the sounds of things... My mates would love you!:D

anything less then a win tomorrow , and i will ignore all footie for the rest of the season ... start afresh next August for more dissapointment and
    frustration no doubt ... but seriously are Chelsea fans the unluckiest in the world ??

the_monkey wrote: »
    anything less then a win tomorrow , and i will ignore all footie for the rest of the season ... start afresh next August for more dissapointment and
    frustration no doubt ... but seriously are Chelsea fans the unluckiest in the world ??

Please stop posting in here.

Leeds United, Bradford City, Portsmouth etc. etc. etc. fans would have something to say to you, in fairness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

No - these are the good times. They won't last forever. A win tomorrow and then its a cup final type game against Liverpool. Win that and the League is ours. Doesn't get much better.

While not an ideal situation to be in, it could be far, far worse. We have a game in hand, we have 3 fixtures that (while not easy) could also be far, far worse... It is not all doom and gloom!!!

Have to stay in and be quiet and not drink tonight!!! Getting flight over tomorrow morning. I've done the day trip hungover and suffering before, and I never want to do it again!!!

Looking forward to the game. Been February since I've been over at a game, so I was suffering withdrawal symptoms!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

F*cking Spurs anyway !!!! jesus .. typical they can't play half as well against united ...

Fixed that for you!!!

DazMarz wrote: »
    Have to stay in and be quiet and not drink tonight!!! Getting flight over tomorrow morning. I've done the day trip hungover and suffering before, and I never want to do it again!!!

Looking forward to the game. Been February since I've been over at a game, so I was suffering withdrawal symptoms!!!

enjoy it ya pup! im heading into dundalk central to watch it in 3D, whohoo!
    reckon we should do it, if the team that was discussed earlier in the thread is lined out, we should see goals. hopefully between anelka, malouda, yuri, cole, cole 2, and lamps we should see something.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Please stop posting in here.

Leeds United, Bradford City, Portsmouth etc. etc. etc. fans would have something to say to you, in fairness...

I suppose , but look
    2008 - Moscow ....
    2009 Semi final fiasco
    2010 -- ??

could be 3 years running of heartbreak ..

how long is Drogs out for roughly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I suppose , but look
    2008 - Moscow ....
    2009 Semi final fiasco
    2010 -- ??

could be 3 years running of heartbreak ..

how long is Drogs out for roughly ?

Take the blinkers off mate, in the grand scheme of things, Chelsea are the luckiest Club in the world. Yous are one of the big boys now, up there with the Madrids, barcas, juves in europe. Renowned across the planet. So the bounce of the ball didn't go your way over the last season or two, well ten years ago you were Spurs or Newcastle. You will win the Champions league some day, and will always be a big European club, and all because some rich Russian threw a dart, blindfolded, at a list of Premiership clubs.

Don't mean to troll, but the statement that yous are the unluckiest team in the world makes me sick tbh.

Got a point ... you're not trolling for sure

in fact puts it in perspective for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Also Drogba is not out. He's trained fine all week.

• Advertisement

enjoy it ya pup! im heading into dundalk central to watch it in 3D, whohoo!
    reckon we should do it, if the team that was discussed earlier in the thread is lined out, we should see goals. hopefully between anelka, malouda, yuri, cole, cole 2, and lamps we should see something.

Pup?!?! Haven't been called that in bloody years!!! Making me feel way too young now!!!:o

But yeah... With all them Aces lined up, surely t'fúck we'll nip a goal or two, and our defence will be solid enough... Unless....... The Delapinator is in full swing!!!

ahh, pup is an ageless word i reckon! rory D's throw ins will be neutraled by ivan and alex at the back, (will cech pluck the ball from mid air..do we trust him to?) his throws will come to nothing.
    im looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully it will be favourable!

ahh, pup is an ageless word i reckon! rory D's throw ins will be neutraled by ivan and alex at the back, (will cech pluck the ball from mid air..do we trust him to?) his throws will come to nothing.
    im looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully it will be favourable!

Suppose. Cech has been in fine form of late, cooler than most and proving he's still a consummate professional and a damn fine goalie, despite what anyone says. Plus, Delap won't have his lucky towel with him, either...

3 points tomorrow, in any way, shape or form, please. I'll take 1-0, 2-1 anything. Once it moves us back where we belong (top of the league before any smart-arse United fans add their tuppence worth!:p) I won't really care!

Win tomorrow and things look up ... at least we will have a week to prepare for the 'cup final' at Anfield - unlike last week at Spurs when we
    went into the game shellshocked by Scholes winner .

Also we play first that Sunday - that could be crucial.

We will take 3 points tomorrow. With any luck, Liverpool will be given a roughshod ride by Atletico (is Aguero back for the second leg of that tie????) midweek and will be suffering badly from fatigue.

Wigan, despite the loss today are almost more or less secure in the Prem for another season, so....... dare I say it, 9 points looks more and more realistic now more than ever...

• Advertisement

i smell a smug confidence lads!

i smell a smug confidence lads!

That's CHD's influence on me:D... I used to nearly be as bad as (no offence) TheMonkey, but I've become more and more confident. Despite setbacks, we're looking good... Win tomorrow and I'd be firmly happy that we will do enough to keep United at bay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Not bad...:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

That'll do nicely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Bathing in the delight of a 7-0 DEMOLITION :cool:

Soak it up lads, this is why we watch football, this.. is why we follow the Chelsea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Delighted with the result , we could do with a few more Chelsea on the match forums !

I was p!ss!ng in the wind over there trying to defend Kalou, I dont think the goal should of been allowed but in no way was it a red card !

Delighted with the result , we could do with a few more Chelsea on the match forums !

I was p!ss!ng in the wind over there trying to defend Kalou, I dont think the goal should of been allowed but in no way was it a red card !

Just typical bitter United fans, see it every week. Oh well I'm sure we'll be hearing their excuses come May 9 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

:D

Dunno how anyone can be bothered posting in a match thread when they SHOULD BE WATCHING THE MATCH! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Dunno how anyone can be bothered posting in a match thread when they SHOULD BE WATCHING THE MATCH! :eek:

I was but the tripe that was been spouted over there , I had to jump in :D

Some of the bull would make ye mad alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Flahavaj has been so quick to add his 2 cents in recently, why hasn't he posted here yet? :)

Anyone got any ideas as to what the hell happened to Sorensen? Replay after replay I watched, trying to figure out what could have happened to him. As far as I could see, Kalou only came into contact with the keepers glove, so where did the damage to his elbow come from? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just typical bitter United fans, see it every week. Oh well I'm sure we'll be hearing their excuses come May 9 ;)

Once again, I'm not a United fan. I'm not bitter. It was a red card.

SantryRed wrote: »

And again my comment wasn't directed at you.

flahavaj wrote: »
    sbp.jpg

:)

squeaky bum-my hole!!

get in there boys! what an absolute demolition derby today, pure class from every player in a blue shirt. delighted to see two young guns get a run out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

SantryRed wrote: »

If he tucked in his left leg, the exact same thing would have happened but people wouldn't have said anything. It was only his left leg that made contact, it was silly to use both feet but he didn't jump wildly like some people seem to be implying.

Lampard with his 20th league goal of the season. That's some return.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Lampard with his 20th league goal of the season. That's some return.

5th Premier League player to hit his 20th goal, the other 4 are all forwards. Frank is pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

delighted to see two young guns get a run out aswell.

On that note, what a cross from Hutchinson for Lampards second, future legend imo! Sturridge took his goal well too, made the right decisions, controlled it well and pulled off an excellent finish. Well played lads

yup, you could see that Sam was rearing to make an impact from the moment he came on, and he did too, great to see that kind of eagerness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Wow, hard to believe I was as nervous as a kitten before kick-off !

7-0 - hard to believe also that neither Nic or Drogs scored any of them ! Roll on MOTD2 later so that I can enjoy the spectacle. Had friends over earlier so had to forego the usual 5Live commentary and relay on quick sneaky looks at the BBC "live football" site. More than relieved to see us 3-0 by halftime, and I enjoyed my beers thereafter a lot better !

So on to Anfield - I'm thinking what we really need is a tough tough game for the Koppites on Thurs. with hopefully extra time and maybe even pens. ......but for Liverpool to prevail.

That way, Rafa can justifiable "rest" several key players in prep. for the Europa league as I think 4th place is still beyond them even with the mathematical chance they still have.

Whereas, if the lose the semi on Thurs. overall, then they have nothing to lose by putting out their best X1 against us and hoping to still be in the frame for 4th if other results go their way (though I can't see Spurs not beating Bolton at home, but Citeh/Villa might very well end in a draw)

Essien wrote: »
    Flahavaj has been so quick to add his 2 cents in recently, why hasn't he posted here yet? :)

His time will come !

Aguero scored for Atletico tonight, be ****ing delighted if we got him.

Pre-orderd the new shirt with Malouda on the back. What a miss today but at least he got his goal in the end although he nearly missed that.

Sturridge took his goal really well, he is some talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Deco confirms his retirement at the end of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8642889.stm

I'd like us to bring in a another playmaker this season, Deco had his critics but he's put some great performances this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So guys next week...Buy new jersey or not ?

Ye Aguero would be great, also a midfielder is a neccesity.

Soby wrote: »
    So guys next week...Buy new jersey or not ?

Im still holding out for a nice training, away or third jersey.

Im still holding out for a nice training, away or third jersey.

I'll be getting it anyway. Will be wearing it when we win the league.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement