Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Essien wrote: »
    Flahavaj has been so quick to add his 2 cents in recently, why hasn't he posted here yet? :)

Hello.

Good win for ye today lads.

Try and take my good humoured banter in the spirit its intended lads, I mean no harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

you have toned it down by the sounds of things then.(no harm too)
    squeaky bum indeed.

Well squeaky bum pictures wouldn't be much craic after a 7-0 win tbh.

Lighten up boys, ye used be more craic when CHD was around, what happened ye?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Essien wrote: »
    On that note, what a cross from Hutchinson for Lampards second, future legend imo! Sturridge took his goal well too, made the right decisions, controlled it well and pulled off an excellent finish. Well played lads

Yes, Hutchinson was left with acres of space for his run, great pass at the end of it.

Now all we need is that vital win over the Pool to wrap this up on home turf.
    Will defo break out the cigars for this league if we win it. Need to keep the head up, if we can beat Man U away then we are capable of doing it at Anfield and boy do we need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Ye Aguero would be great, also a midfielder is a neccesity.

Chelsea have a new strip for next season, guess what I will treat myself to if we win the league and if and when Aguero signs for Chelsea. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

flahavaj wrote: »
    Hello.

Good win for ye today lads.

Try and take my good humoured banter in the spirit its intended lads, I mean no harm.

Tis a sticky time of the season , stakes are high and the chips are down !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I feel all wrong saying this but Ballack was excellent today.

The holding roll is perfect for him , best game from him in a blue shirt IMO,

I hope he stays there for the Liverpool game, I was unbelievably impressed with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Great result today - just what the doctor ordered, as I said over on the match thread it is a performance like this we need going into Anfield - unlike the Bolton shocker we had on our backs going into white hart lane.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Great result today - just what the doctor ordered, as I said over on the match thread it is a performance like this we need going into Anfield - unlike the Bolton shocker we had on our backs going into white hart lane.

I hope you saved a couple of spare pairs for next week fella ;)

Just thinking, would you swap the next fixture with united ?

but to be 1 point behind ?

I think i would .. Sunderland away ... easier to get 3 pts .. + Liverpool would love to beat united to thwart a title ... anyway usefull 'what if's' here but be interesting to see what people think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Chelsea four goals off equaling Manchester United's record goal tally of 97 set in 2000. (Spurs scored 111 in the First Division)

Would really like to see this record come to the Bridge after all those boring boring chelsea.. chants from away supporters :)

the_monkey wrote: »
    Just thinking, would you swap the next fixture with united ?

but to be 1 point behind ?

I think i would .. Sunderland away ... easier to get 3 pts .. + Liverpool would love to beat united to thwart a title ... anyway usefull 'what if's' here but be interesting to see what people think.

Nope ,

Going to Anfield after an amazing performance and there without there star player !

It will be tough , but we should do it .

We have done Man U away and Arsenal cant see why we wont add Liverpool to that list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well done lads Disappointed that Zhirkov missed out
    thought he was nailed on for LM. What a ball by Hutch for Franks goal, surprised he made it on bench thought he was injured????
    I think we'll beat pool side next week, nothing to fear.
    Well done Danny Sturridge!

Haha taught I was going mad , you just posted that on the Chelsea chat forum !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

good win.

you stuffed them.

but it means nothing for next week.

Stoke were appalling, and it was ALWAYS going to be the Liverpool game that was going to be the problem.

your away form's pretty sh*t, Liverpool's home form is excellent, and we might have something, however slim, to play for.

it's going to be an epic weekend next weekend.

i'll be shouting for Liverpool, but, if it means nothing in the grand scheme of things (our shot at 4th) there will be a part of me that won't be at all annoyed if we lose.

What odds both teams failing to win next weekend?:eek:

SlickRic wrote: »
    good win.

you stuffed them.

Stoke were appalling, and it was ALWAYS going to be the Liverpool game that was going to be the problem.

your away form's pretty sh*t, Liverpool's home form is excellent, and we might have something, however slim, to play for.

i'll be shouting for Liverpool, but, if it means nothing in the grand scheme of things (our shot at 4th) there will be a part of me that won't be at all annoyed if we lose.

I think we'll be just be really up for it, I may be wrong but I think we'll edge it, its going to really tough game tho

good win.

you stuffed them.

Good point, but our away form with the big teams on big occasions has been good ... and next weekend is the biggest occasion !!

What odds both teams failing to win next weekend?:eek:

I dont think I would be able to take the drama ,

I was nearly counting down the minutes to the next game after the defeat at Spurs.

• Advertisement

I dont think I would be able to take the drama ,

I was nearly counting down the minutes to the next game after the defeat at Spurs.

With the season that has been son far, I guarantee something that few will have predicted will happen. It won't be as simple as Chelsea just winning all their games or United capitalising.

It terrifies me to think that United may need to win at Sunderland on Sunday afternoon just to bring the race to the last day. Now thats squeaky bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It terrifies me to think that United may need to win at Sunderland on Sunday afternoon just to bring the race to the last day. Now thats squeaky bum.

many have indeed glossed over this game.

the only thing in Utd's favour is that Sunderland have precisely zero to play for.

the only thing in Utd's favour is that Sunderland have precisely zero to play for.

Darren Bent is giving me nightmares tbh, the lad can't stop scoring.

Teams usually want to give a good showing in their last home game of the season and everyone loves to put one over United, no matter what the circumstances. This is a much harder match than people think it is and will be made harder if Chelsea do the business against ye.

It may be that I have to go for a long walk Sunday afternoon and just let it all play out.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lampard ignored again in the PFA awards :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Soby wrote: »
    So guys next week...Buy new jersey or not ?

I'm weak and already ordered mine ages ago!!!

Today was something else... Absolutely brilliant. And it could have been so much more! A friend of mine said to me it could have been into the double-figures for Chelsea today, and he was right!!!

Bring on the Reds and the Latics!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

got ye moneys worths yesterday dazmarz!
    must have been some game to be at live. its all about the smug!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

And you can gaurentee that Brucie wont roll over for his former manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

If CFC beat LFC and utd lose, it'll mean that we will win the league sitting at home and it'll be an anti climax big time so i kinda hope it goes to the final day.

Actually, screw that, anywhichway will do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

After thumping 7 past Stoke I feel a lot better about winning the league.

As long as we take at the least a draw away from Anfield then I reckon we will win the league. If we draw away to Liverpool and beat Wigan and United win both their games and it comes down to goal difference then I fell the 7 we scored today will have helped us no end.

Now that being said, I would much rather 2 wins from 2 and make sure of the league but at this stage I will take the league no matter how we get it.

gavredking wrote: »
    After thumping 7 past Stoke I feel a lot better about winning the league.

As long as we take at the least a draw away from Anfield then I reckon we will win the league. If we draw away to Liverpool and beat Wigan and United win both their games and it comes down to goal difference then I fell the 7 we scored today will have helped us no end.

Now that being said, I would much rather 2 wins from 2 and make sure of the league but at this stage I will take the league no matter how we get it.

If this happens United are champions by a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

This

A draw is no good if United beat Sunderland

• Advertisement

:eek:

Yup, my maths skills have well and truly failed. I knew it looked to good to be through. I suppose we will just have to beat Liverpool so then. :pac:

gavredking wrote: »
    :eek:

Yup, my maths skills have well and truly failed. I knew it looked to good to be through. I suppose we will just have to beat Liverpool so then. :pac:

I should have said nothing and if it happened you'd have been the only Chelsea fan in the pub going mental at the final whistle.:pac:

I should have said nothing and if it happened you'd have been the only Chelsea fan in the pub going mental at the final whistle.:pac:

Ya my delight at the final whistle would have turned to shock, anger and utter confusion when they showed the league positions. :confused:

Correction noted, now I just hope my post doesnt come through :pac:

So this week we want Liverpool to slug it out for 120 mins + injury time and pens but ultimately go through in Europe.

We also want both Spurs & City to win on Saturday, this will rule Liverpool out of fourth mathematically.

This will leave us in the best position realistically going into the match as Liverpool will have nothing to play for, not that we want to rely on this, it would just be a bit of help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hi,

Just wondering about buying Tickets Next year? Does the loyalty points continue or are they reset? For instance it was something like 60 points to go to the Aresnal Game at Stamford Bridge but if that match was in for example the 3rd week of the season would the points only be like 10??

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hi,

Just wondering about buying Tickets Next year? Does the loyalty points continue or are they reset? For instance it was something like 60 points to go to the Aresnal Game at Stamford Bridge but if that match was in for example the 3rd week of the season would the points only be like 10??

Thanks,

They will be reset, and you are right if the Arsenal game is the 3rd or 4th game the loyalty points will be low.

I'm actually confident about the Liverpool game because of our record against the so called "top 4".

Played 5 won 5. ;)

Johner wrote: »
    I'm actually confident about the Liverpool game because of our record against the so called "top 4".

Played 5 won 5. ;)

6/6 would be impressive alright and well deserving of a league title, if only we had'nt dropped so many points against the teams in 4th, 5th & 6th :(

It's great having a player like Zhirkov at the club, I think a fit and on form A.Cole and Malouda would keep him out of the LB & LM positions respectively but he's certainly more than capable of filling in in either role. Most clubs would be lucky to have as talented a wide player as him in their ranks so it's fair to say we're spoiled to have him as cover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Zhirkov is class. Hope he gets a run on the wing. Malouda can play in centre with Lamps and Essien behnd them when he comes back. One thing is for sure we certainly don't need strenghtening on the left this summer.

Hi,

Thanks,

I went to the Arsenal game at the bridge , she was only 36 points, as it was early enough in the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'm seriously thinking of applying for a season ticket soon. Every year, I kid myself with this "Oh, no point in applying for season ticket, cos I'd never use it enough..."

Ha.

I'd end up using it so much the fúcking thing would probably snap in half... Like my credit card did about 6 months ago!:eek:

DazMarz wrote: »
    I'm seriously thinking of applying for a season ticket soon. Every year, I kid myself with this "Oh, no point in applying for season ticket, cos I'd never use it enough..."

Ha.

I'd end up using it so much the fúcking thing would probably snap in half... Like my credit card did about 6 months ago!:eek:

I am not sure how it works ,

If people dont renew there season ticket thats the only way of getting one at the moment I think.

And then its decided on Loyalty points,

That guy I know who has two season tickets just sent the renewal for one of the tickets to my house,

I was onto to him last week about how to get a season ticket, jesus I hope he is thinking of letting me take up one of his tickets !

It would be in his name but I could change the address to mine .

I am going to send him a mail now to see .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Any have 2 spare memberships I could use for the Wigan Game?? I Have flights booked & thought I would get tickets on CFCnet but its proving harder than I thought:( :(

Its tickets you need ,

Tickets are sold out completely though , the next best place to look is :

http://theshed.chelseafc.com/theshed/chat/frame_chat.htm

You might get lucky in there.

Watch the FA Cup Final at the bridge,

Already have my flights booked but I did not manage to get a ticket for the final.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/UpcomingEventsDetails/0,,10268~1974514,00.html

I think I would rather watch it at home , although I am not too sure.

Any have 2 spare memberships I could use for the Wigan Game?? I Have flights booked & thought I would get tickets on CFCnet but its proving harder than I thought:( :(

CFCnet is usually great but there is so many people that want to go to this it will be very hard to source a pair. :(

I am not sure how it works ,

If people dont renew there season ticket thats the only way of getting one at the moment I think.

And then its decided on Loyalty points,

That guy I know who has two season tickets just sent the renewal for one of the tickets to my house,

I was onto to him last week about how to get a season ticket, jesus I hope he is thinking of letting me take up one of his tickets !

It would be in his name but I could change the address to mine .

I am going to send him a mail now to see .

Feel like a muppet now ,

He just sent me over the forms to show me the procedure , Had my hopes up for couple of hours !

• Advertisement

Feel like a muppet now ,

He just sent me over the forms to show me the procedure , Had my hopes up for couple of hours !

:(

Next season's memberships are now available. http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2036456,00.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement