Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

And if you're already a member, then you could receive a fantastic renewal offer. If you purchase a membership before 31 July you'll be awarded five loyalty points for the 2010/11 season.

Nice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Reading there that we have first refusal on Aguero in the summer, excellent news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hi Guys,

I found that I couldn’t tickets on CFCnet sometimes even though they are didn’t require many loyalty points! I think this year I will buy membership . I’m going to buy 2 because none of my mate are Chelsea heads so if I get going to a match its because I will be dragging them over:) :)

Would the £25 ticket be the best for me. I don’t see the point in buy any other one especially considering I will be buying two memberships:O

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hi Guys,

I found that I couldn’t tickets on CFCnet sometimes even though they are didn’t require many loyalty points! I think this year I will buy membership . I’m going to buy 2 because none of my mate are Chelsea heads so if I get going to a match its because I will be dragging them over:) :)

Would the £25 ticket be the best for me. I don’t see the point in buy any other one especially considering I will be buying two memberships:O

£25 is fine ,

I would suggest linking your account with another person on here rather than getting two memberships.

Me and Daz have linked our accounts , so we can now purchase two tickets beside each other when tickets go on sale to members first.

Its a lot handier now because if I want to bring someone with me to a game and DAZ is not going we get to sit together , and Vice versa, and it means that we earn vital loyalty points even if one of us is not attending the game.

I am kicking myself that I did not renew my membership early last year as them extra 5 points would of meant a trip to anfield for me this weekend :mad:

If anyone else wants to link in with us let us know.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hi Guys,

I dont suppose you know any Wigan fans do you ?

There on general sale now with Wigan to a club member who has purchased at least one ticket before.

I was asking on the shed how much do the lads reckon the touts will be looking for tickets for on the 9th of may ,

Unfortunately your looking at anywhere from £200-£400 if we win on Sunday .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

getting nervous about Sunday ... gonna be harder then we think since Liverpool are technically still in the hunt for 4th...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2948854/Steven-Gerrard-vows-We-wont-roll-over-for-Chelsea.html

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I dont suppose you know any Wigan fans do you ?

There on general sale now with Wigan to a club member who has purchased at least one ticket before.

I was asking on the shed how much do the lads reckon the touts will be looking for tickets for on the 9th of may ,

Unfortunately your looking at anywhere from £200-£400 if we win on Sunday .
    There was some guy on one of soccer forums here recently who mentioned playing footie in a wigan jersey so might be worth trying to locate him. I'd say if we win on Sunday those tickets will be priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I've been begging, pleading, wheedling, crawling... everything trying to get 2 tickets to Chelsea v. Wigan for a guy I work for.

Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada... Not even funny... One bloke I called up didn't even say anything after "Hello"... He just broke his shíte laughing at me!!!:mad:

Don't give up hope, cos the 11th hour is a funny old thing.

And justbringit, I'm fairly certain there is some clause in memberships saying that one person cannot hold two, and all this.

Just link up with me and pistols, and we can all be going and so on. Haha. Me and CHD (hope he gets back in here soon!!!!) were gonna try and get a whole bunch of lads going to a game someday next season. Would be totally epic stuff altogether.

Plus, it's always better for your first time over there to go with someone who knows what the hell they're at, in terms of transport etc.

Also, Sunday...... I reckon we'll win it. Not too easily (Liverpool in Anfield are never easily beaten, no way) but we will be simply too good for them. And if Sunderland can trip United up, all the better. 2-0, or possibly 3-1 to Chelsea.

Also, will Mikel be back? Need him to keep a leash on Gerrard. This is where we'll miss Essien big time...

DazMarz wrote: »
    I've been begging, pleading, wheedling, crawling... everything trying to get 2 tickets to Chelsea v. Wigan for a guy I work for.

Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada... Not even funny... One bloke I called up didn't even say anything after "Hello"... He just broke his shíte laughing at me!!!:mad:

Don't give up hope, cos the 11th hour is a funny old thing.

And justbringit, I'm fairly certain there is some clause in memberships saying that one person cannot hold two, and all this.

Just link up with me and pistols, and we can all be going and so on. Haha. Me and CHD (hope he gets back in here soon!!!!) were gonna try and get a whole bunch of lads going to a game someday next season. Would be totally epic stuff altogether.

Plus, it's always better for your first time over there to go with someone who knows what the hell they're at, in terms of transport etc.

Also, Sunday...... I reckon we'll win it. Not too easily (Liverpool in Anfield are never easily beaten, no way) but we will be simply too good for them. And if Sunderland can trip United up, all the better. 2-0, or possibly 3-1 to Chelsea.

Also, will Mikel be back? Need him to keep a leash on Gerrard. This is where we'll miss Essien big time...

After the performance Ballack put in on Sunday , I would not mind seeing him in the holding position

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'd prefer Mikel in there. Will need someone to get around the pitch and get stuck in.

So nervous about this game.

• Advertisement

For Me ,

Mikel is about 2 seasons away from being a good solid player , he shows glimpses of his magic then pass's a 5yard ball to the opposition.

Also when people really run at him he panics and backs off and doesn't seem to know where to stand his ground.

Ballack can pass a ball, rarely puts in clumsy challenge's and is not afraid to get stuck in.

I think the position suits him perfectly as he can sit back and zip balls about .

I am not a fan of his what so ever but Sunday he was immense .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I would prefer Mikel in there aswell. Ballack was immense on sunday but that was stoke and liverpool will have a much stronger midfield. I think midfield will be important, we were shocking there against spurs and we need to get control in that part of the pitch.

Hopefully liverpool will have their minds on a europa cup final when they play us. Its going to be tough but we need to treat this like a final because if we win ( regardless of utds results) we would almost be champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I am getting really nervous about Sunday now !!

Any chances Sunderland could do us a favour do people think ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I am getting really nervous about Sunday now !!

Any chances Sunderland could do us a favour do people think ?

I think Sunderland at home is a tricky tie, not as much as Anfield but still, Sunderland have being playing really well at home this year and dont lose to many, I really hope Darrrn Bent has a good game and is out to impress Capello before the WC squad is announced, this could help him bag a few against United.

If we win the early kick off and are 4 points clear of United by the time they kick off all the pressure is back on United, and anything other then a United win will almost hand us the title.

Thanks Lads, That Sounds Cool!! I wouldn’t mind linking up with ye then. I Dout I would be going over as many times as ye though. I’m only a student so Can’t really afford heading over to the bridge a lot. Prob could get there twice a year Or maybe sneak over for a cheeky midweek champions league match:)

I just wondering about loyalty points, could One buy tickets & them sell them on Viagogo/CFCnet just to get the loyalty points or is that bad form??

Also How hard would it be getting tickets for a big four match if its early on in the season? Like Liverpool @ Stamford bridge Last Oct.

Lastly , I hear its only big 4 games that require high loyalty points? Does this mean with membership your nearly guaranteed a ticket for e.g. Spurs/Everton/Man City Game??

Cheers!!

Thanks Lads, That Sounds Cool!! I wouldn’t mind linking up with ye then. I Dout I would be going over as many times as ye though. I’m only a student so Can’t really afford heading over to the bridge a lot. Prob could get there twice a year Or maybe sneak over for a cheeky midweek champions league match:)

I just wondering about loyalty points, could One buy tickets & them sell them on Viagogo/CFCnet just to get the loyalty points or is that bad form??

Also How hard would it be getting tickets for a big four match if its early on in the season? Like Liverpool @ Stamford bridge Last Oct.

Lastly , I hear its only big 4 games that require high loyalty points? Does this mean with membership your nearly guaranteed a ticket for e.g. Spurs/Everton/Man City Game??

Cheers!!

The cheeky midweek games offer the best points by a mile ,

I went to see Chelsea V birmingham a couple of months back and was given 8 points plus all the champions league qualifiers are 5 points a game .

Linking up the accounts is a good way to earn the extra points if your not heading to games.

Buying tickets and moving them on would be no problem if you were living in the UK , sometimes tickets are sent out kinda late to prevent this type of thing , although in saying that I received my ticket for the Wigan game over a week ago.

If the big games are on early in the season , points should not be much of an issue, the only problem is that they go on sale at 7 in the morning , sometimes you will have purchased your ticket by 7.15am and be on your way for the day but for the larger games it can take forever . It took me over two and half hours to get my ticket for the Arsenal game.

The ticket site/server is a bit of a joke for such a big club.

Just got a mail from the club :

Dear Peter,

UK MEMBERSHIP PRICES FOR OUR FANS IN IRELAND - JOIN TODAY

This season a record number of loyal fans from Ireland became Official True Blue Members, taking the opportunity for the first time to become a member at the same price as UK Blues fans. Why not join them - with a great choice of products, a range of price points and a huge list of fabulous benefits you won't be disappointed.

For £25 you can get a ticket only membership or grab the Chelsea magazine and ticket access from an incredible £32 a season. Pick up the classic True Blue full membership pack for £42.

If you join before 31 July 2010 we will give you 5 loyalty points up front meaning that you are one step closer to that big match ticket.

Just think as a True Blue ticket only member you only need buy tickets for 5 games this season and you will have recouped your whole membership fee! It makes sense to get closer to Chelsea.

Be more than just a fan. Be True Blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Location updated for the week thats in it :D

Essien wrote: »
    Location updated for the week thats in it :D

I Like:):)

How Many Games a Yr Would ye make it over to usually??

How whats the cheapest ye could get over for??

I seen that euroline is like €50 return I think but very rough traveling???

I Like:):)

How Many Games a Yr Would ye make it over to usually??

How whats the cheapest ye could get over for??

I seen that euroline is like €50 return I think but very rough traveling???

The eurolines is tough traveling alright but I kind of enjoy the boat and having a few pints on it.

Might as well link my membership with a few of you's on here. :)

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    The eurolines is tough traveling alright but I kind of enjoy the boat and having a few pints on it.

Might as well link my membership with a few of you's on here. :)

Hey Johner, I’d be up for doing that . Just wondering more about that eurolines travel? Is it actually around €50 for it?... How long does the Traveling last??

Just Seen Paddy Power Has Liverpool @ 3/1 to beat Chelsea . Huge Odds considering its in Anfield & Liverpool only lost 2 home premier league games :O:O

Paddy Power will want Chelsea Winning the League especially since they paid out on Chelsea:)

Its €50(25ew) if you book it two weeks in advance online, after that it's €70(35ew).

You leave Dublin on the Friday night at 8pm from Busaras and arrive in London(victoria) at around 8am Saturday morning. It's a good trip with a mate and a few beers.

You can get flights cheap enough to Heathrow if you book early though which would be the easier option. :)

This from BBC " AC Milan director Ariedo Braida says striker Pato will stay at the club next season, despite the Brazilian being linked with a move to Chelsea."

Does this pave the way for Aguero, the preferable option in my opinion.

gavredking wrote: »
    I think Sunderland at home is a tricky tie, not as much as Anfield but still, Sunderland have being playing really well at home this year and dont lose to many, I really hope Darrrn Bent has a good game and is out to impress Capello before the WC squad is announced, this could help him bag a few against United.

If we win the early kick off and are 4 points clear of United by the time they kick off all the pressure is back on United, and anything other then a United win will almost hand us the title.

No "almost" about it... If we beat Liverpool and United lose/draw, it's over. Obviously, a draw for United could still see them win the league, but it would mean having to overturn something like a +9 goal difference. And if they lose, they'll be 4 adrift with only 1 game left and the title will be ours.

I don't know... I'd prefer to have the Wigan game "meaning" something... Sick as that sounds. I can imagine the agony and ecstasy in the Bridge, radio in the ears listening to United vs. Stoke, watching Chelsea vs. Wigan and praying the whole time (kinda odd for an atheist, I'll admit!!! haha).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I don't know... I'd prefer to have the Wigan game "meaning" something... Sick as that sounds. I can imagine the agony and ecstasy in the Bridge, radio in the ears listening to United vs. Stoke, watching Chelsea vs. Wigan and praying the whole time (kinda odd for an atheist, I'll admit!!! haha).

no way, give me a hefty dose of title winning ecstasy as soon as possible please, much rather the wigan game be a party than a nerve shredding afternoon at the bridge thanks very much, agony is overrated imho :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Delighted for José!

Delighted for José!

Ditto!!! All hail The Special One!!!

Imagine... If he was still with us, we'd have won a European Cup by now:(

Bit of a guess there, but something I firmly believe...

G'wan Jose!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Delighted for José!

Makes me wonder what would have been if our board hadn't been so trigger happy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

If it wasnt the board, it would have been someone else.. the big players, and so on. No point in wondering what could have been. Look at what could very well be! 2 matches from bringin the League home Gentlemen. :)

Lukker- wrote: »
    Makes me wonder what would have been if our board hadn't been so trigger happy..

I've always thought this... If José was still at the helm in the Bridge, I'm 100% convinced we'd have the European Cup/Champions League somewhere in our list of honours at this stage. Also a very good chance of having another Prem Title in there too.

Abramovich and the board really dropped the ball twice in the last while; sacking Mourinho and then not (by some hookery or crookery) holding on to Hiddink (I know he's a man who appears to prefer the international scene and he's a very strong man to resist the job) but to let arguably two of the best managers of the modern game walk in and then back out of the club is nigh on unforgivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I've always thought this... If José was still at the helm in the Bridge, I'm 100% convinced we'd have the European Cup/Champions League somewhere in our list of honours at this stage. Also a very good chance of having another Prem Title in there too.

Abramovich and the board really dropped the ball twice in the last while; sacking Mourinho and then not (by some hookery or crookery) holding on to Hiddink (I know he's a man who appears to prefer the international scene and he's a very strong man to resist the job) but to let arguably two of the best managers of the modern game walk in and then back out of the club is nigh on unforgivable.

Yes and I'd worry about Ancelotti's standing if he doesnt win the league.
    His position will be severely undermined with the board as I think they will view this as a title he threw away.

bullpost wrote: »
    Yes and I'd worry about Ancelotti's standing if he doesnt win the league.
    His position will be severely undermined with the board as I think they will view this as a title he threw away.

We need, as a club, to have a manager stay in charge for at least 5 years. Otherwise, it's just taking the absolute utter piss.

And not to sound too arrogant and not to irritate the poor Man Utd fans, I don't think we'll throw this one away somehow.

I'm already losing sleep over Sunday, just keep playing out the match in my head every night.

Johner wrote: »
    I'm already losing sleep over Sunday, just keep playing out the match in my head every night.

I was grand about it until... think it was on the plane home on Sunday. I just got this sinking, awful feeling in my stomach and I've been nervous ever since.

I can only imagine my condition at the Wigan game... I'll be lucky to have fingers left, never mind fingernails...

Please, beat Liverpool and a nice 3-0 lead at half time in the Wigan game... Then word comes through of Stoke holding Man Utd to a draw... Oh yes pleasepleasepleaseplease please...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

time for me to waltz my merry oul way in here and sprinkle a little chelsea smug confidence over ye shower!
    lads, have faith in the blues, tottenham game was the shoe up the rear ends that was required at the critical time. stoke, who have an excellent defence form away from home, were demolished by a far superior chelsea side.
    this team knows they have to throw absolutely everything into the remaining games, nothing short of 100% will suffice. yes we are going to anfield, and yes they have a good home record and yes they will be up for one hell of a game, but so will we. we will bring it to them on the pitch, they wont have the answers and we will walk away 3-1 victors on the day, and edge ever closer to the title.

smug confidence boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I pretending Sunday isn't happening. Anyway, my dad has got a ticket for the FA Cup final, ironically, after previous discussions on ticketing for the Final, through a local FA. My dad thinks Kislingbury FC are the best thing since sliced bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16427_6122720,00.html

How many times does he mention chelsea in his post match. Is this to soften us up for when he goes to Man Utd or do we think he will grace the Bridge again?

Youths drew 1-1 in the 1st leg of the final at Villa Park. Hit the bar twice. :( Should hopefully have to much for Villa next week at the bridge though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Extra time @ Anfield..Sweet

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Extra time @ Anfield..Sweet

Hopefully Pool win on peno's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

With everyone scoring and go on into sunday morning :P

Haha this is brilliant.

So is this good or bad for us ??

I would say bad , it means they have something to play for on Sunday ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

According to ESPN soccernet Aguero is a done deal for 40mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

the_monkey wrote: »
    So is this good or bad for us ??

I would say bad , it means they have something to play for on Sunday ..

Don't think so. The recovery time from a match of this duration works in our favour. Sky News were talking about the begining of the end of Benitez because of this result. Great result for Fulham !

smuckers wrote: »
    According to ESPN soccernet Aguero is a done deal for 40mil

REALLY ?? hehe maybe he can play on sunday :D:D:D

Youth Cup final report here,

YOUTH CUP FINAL REPORT: ASTON VILLA 1 CHELSEA 1

A classy free-kick goal from Jeffrey Bruma gave Chelsea Under 18s a draw they more than deserved from this opening 90 minutes of the two-legged tie.

The Dutch centre-back, the one player in the Blues side with first-team experience, equalised with his third goal of the cup run to set up what should be a thrilling second leg at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday, a game that will be exclusively live of Chelsea TV.

Our Academy players were clearly the better side at drizzly Villa Park, knocking the ball about well across the damp turf in front of a crowd of 3,359. They hit the Villa woodwork no less than three times in the course of the game and saw a shot cleared off the line. Yet it was the home team who took a first-half lead and could have had another before the interval but for a Sam Walker save.

0,,10268~8768563,00.jpg

However Chelsea always looked likely to break through given the pressure they mounted and the equaliser came midway through the second half. The away-goals rule is not in operation in this competition.

It had been a settled side throughout the previous rounds with an outstanding defence but an injury for Danny Mills Pappoe in training this week meant the schoolboy centre-back, previously ever-present in the run to the Final, missed out.

His place was taken by Rohan Ince, a natural replacement having returned from a knee injury that kept him out of the first half of the season.

Ince was Bruma's partner in central defence in the Youth Cup last season when he was still a schoolboy. At 6ft 3ins tall, he ensured Pappoe's injury didn't mean Chelsea were losing out on height at the back.

The young Blues enjoyed plenty of early possession before the first shot. Conor Clifford, who is never afraid to try his luck from distance, struck one straight at the keeper.

The game then shifted up a gear when Josh McEachran sprayed a great pass under pressure out to Gokhan Tore (pictured below) who feed and took a return from Aziz Deen-Conteh. The Turkish Under 21 international used his close control to beat a man before shooting low. The ball was deflected behind for a corner.

0,,10268~8768559,00.jpg

It was from the deadball delivery that Marko Mitrovic struck the bar with a flicked near-post header. There were eight minutes played.

Ten minutes later came Villa's goal, scored completely against the run of play. A corner, given away cheaply by Ince, was punched clear by Walker but when it was clipped back in by Richard Blythe, Villa centre-back Daniel Devine rose high above Mitrovic to loop a header over the stranded Chelsea keeper. It was only the second goal the team had conceded in seven cup games.

Chelsea were instantly back up the pitch hitting woodwork for a second time. Mitrovic had bustled through a challenge in the box and when the ball came McEachran's way on the edge of the area, his curled effort slammed onto the bar and away to safety.

Deen-Conteh, bursting forward from left-back again, worked the keeper from a tight angle after a flowing Chelsea move started again by midfield string-puller McEachran.

It was Dermot Drummy's side continuing to play all the football but it took Walker with his legs to prevent a second Villa goal when Kofi Posner escaped the two centre-backs in a crowded spot.

Mitrovic was booked when the Chelsea centre-forward caught Blythe with his arm as he challenged for a high ball,

Villa keeper Benjamin Siegrist then repelled a threat from Mitrovic and McEachran after Billy Clifford's teasting ball towards his near post.

Bruma asked more questions with an excellent curling cross before half time but at the interval Chelsea were still behind.

Drummy would surely have told his players to keep calm and just do what they had been doing - the occasion not hindering their natural game.

The second half began in similar vein to the first - Chelsea on top and probing for a genuine sight on goal. Ince did well to block off one Villa attack before captain Conor Clifford drifted a 54th minute shot wide at the other end.

Samir Carruthers made it one booking apiece with a bodycheck on the same Chelsea player moments later, before a stretching Mitrovic just failed to make contact with a Kaby cross.

0,,10268~8768561,00.jpg

Chelsea were cursing their luck again on 63 minutes when Derrick Williams slipped in the Villa area and McEachran pounced to tee up Mitrovic, but Williams made it back to head a stinging shot off the line.

The Blues only had to wait another two minutes for their just desserts. The home side conceded a free-kick 20 yards out in a central position that meant a chance for Bruma. The curl on the shot from the Dutch Under 21 international was just enough to clear the wall and the dive of Siegrist.

On 71 minutes Chelsea made the first substitution of the game. Conor Clifford, who had injury concerns in the weeks building up to this game, was replaced by Lalkovic. The Slovakian sub played wide with Jacopo Sala moving infield.

There could have been danger from the home team after Kaby (pictured below) conceded a free-kick as Carruthers broke dangerously following a Bruma mistake, but Carruthers wasted the set-piece shooting chance spectacularly.

0,,10268~8768560,00.jpg

Then Villa sub Ansenio Halfhuid didn't make the most of another counter-attack as Chelsea wobbled briefly inside the final 10 minutes.

The third time the away team hit the woodwork came with a minute of the 90 left, Sala this time the player denied. Villa had cleared a Tore free-kick but only as far as McEachran who calmly laid off to the Italian for a sweet strike from the edge of the area against the outside of the post.

There was a late injury for Deen-Conteh who had been excellent in defence and as an attacking full-back. He limped away with a minute remaining having fallen into advertising boards.

The final score was the same as the first leg of the Final in 2008 when Chelsea eventually lost out to Manchester City.

Unlike two years ago, the second leg is at the Bridge and hopefully with a good crowd backing them, a performance of similar quality to tonight will see the Under 18s lift this trophy for the first time since 1961.

Chelsea (4-3-3): Sam Walker; Billy Clifford, Rohan Ince, Jeffrey Bruma, Aziz-Deen Conteh (Anton Rodgers 90+3); Aliu 'Kaby' Djalo, Josh McEachran, Conor Clifford (c) (Milan Lalkovic 71); Jacopo Sala, Marko Mitrovic, Gokhan Tore.

Villa (4-4-2): Benjamin Siegrist; Durrell Berry, Daniel Devine, Derrick Williams, Ellis Deeney; Ebby Nelson-Addy, Richard Blythe, Samir Carruthers, Tomos Roberts; Ryan Simmonds (Ansenio Halfhuid 82), Kofi Poyser (Darius Darkin 79).

Tuesday's decisive return leg at Stamford Bridge is live and exclusive on Chelsea TV, with admission to Stamford Bridge priced at £3 for adults and £1 for concessions. Kick-off 7.45pm.

Tickets must be bought in advance and can be booked online until midday Friday. Tickets will be sold at the box office until 5pm on Tuesday.

Chelsea TV's 'Inside the Academy' will continue to focus on the tie between the legs with reaction, preview and all the latest news.

We really should beat them at the Bridge and claim the Youth Cup, we were by far the better side tonight.

I am so tempted to get the new Chelsea shirt with Malouda 15 on the back ...

i presume sizes are the same ? I have the 06/07 shirt in L ...

however I see some other shirts in L and they are too big for me ..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement