Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

I have only seen Aguero play a couple of times but from what I have seen i wasnt overly impressed. His goal scoring record for Atlético Madrid hasnt been phenomenal 55 in 144.

But as I say I havent seen him play to much. So could anyone tell me what he could bring to our starting 11, a more direct player who would run defenders?

But I do think it is a positive move to buy a 21 year old as opposed to someone like opposed Ribery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I know im not too fond of it but i guess ill be getting the jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ugh, I wished our game with Liverppol was in the morning. This weekend is going take about 5 years off my life I think, and thats witha Chelsea victory, I shudder to think how I will be should Manchester United top the table going into the last game of the season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Tomorrow I'm going on holidays for a week so its possible that I might miss the Liverpool match.
    I can't decide wheather thats a good thing or a bad thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I dreamt we beat Liverpool 2-0 last night, but Messi scored for us so I'm not going to read to much into it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Johner wrote: »
    I dreamt we beat Liverpool 2-0 last night, but Messi scored for us so I'm not going to read to much into it. :(

Worth a bet! Without the Messi thing maybe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

I dreamt we beat Liverpool 2-0 last night, but Messiikel scored for us so I'm not going to read to much into it. :(

Maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

bullpost wrote: »
    Maybe?

lol prob better chance of messi actually scoring :P...ah mikel i love ya really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

mikel couldnt score in a brothel bless em

• Advertisement

Nervous :( Why can't the game be on today. :(

only 24 hours and 12mins left till kickoff,
    whoop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

By this time tomorrow, the destination of the Premier League trophy could be almost decided. I honestly think that come what may, if we beat Liverpool, we'll 99.99999999999999999999999999% have won the league. Wigan, I can't see us losing/drawing with them at home. Beat Pool in Anfield, and that is a huge step in the right direction.

If we beat Liverpool I can see United slipping up against Sunderland, but if we draw/lose to Pool I think United will beat Sunderland.

might whip out the "dazzlin dozen" DVD..Champions league games of liverpool vs chelsea..pre match warm up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So City and Totenham both won today ... looks like 4th is gone for liverpool.

so less to play for tomorrow .

• Advertisement

the_monkey wrote: »
    So City and Totenham both won today ... looks like 4th is gone for liverpool.

so less to play for tomorrow .

They're still only 5 points adrift of Spurs, so a win tomorrow will give them, however unlikely, some semblance of hope of scraping into 4th spot.

I still reckon, no matter what Liverpool may have to 'play' for, Chelsea will simply be too good for them. A repeat of the October 4th scoreline would be excellent.

good morning sports fans, the day has finally arrived!
    franks ready for today
    sky sports match preview
    and Rafa isnt too happy with his contract, possible upset camp..who knows.

3-1 to the blues, gwan the blues!

Stomach in absolute knots at the minute...... 4hrs, 30mins from now, we will either be on cloud 9, or the doldrums of despair.

Former is more likely I reckon!

united fans will roar for liverpool
    liverpool fans (might) roar for chelsea
    chelsea fans roaring for sunderland
    jess tis aweful confusing!

on a side note in the news, Di Santo set to return (its at the bottom of the page linked) and Hernandez link

• Advertisement

papagormo wrote: »
    on a side note in the news, Di Santo set to return (its at the bottom of the page linked) and Hernandez link

That's not good. Get him back out on loan ASAP, cos he's damn all good for us, tbh. If he can't even get his game at Blackburn...................

yeah, if he did return he would be well down in the pecking order, especially if we make a summer signing.
    at least on loan hes a chance of getting first team experience

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone know anything about Hernandez? Never heard of him. Jose after Frank again....... Even for 30m I'd tell him where to go.

Nervous as fcuk. Watching this with a bunch of Pool fans. We need to start like we did against United. No excuses today. Come on the Blues!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Get up them stairs......we weren't playing that great untill Gerrard played drogba through , it was plain sailing from there on in! Ohh by the way did anyone else see this before kickoff:pac::pac::pac:

ORMESHER01.jpg

Haha GET IN!!! Maybe the scorer was wrong but what a dream!!! :)

great result - now im nervous about Wigan !!!

I hope we dont underestimate this game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

great result - now im nervous about Wigan !!!

I hope we dont underestimate this game!!

No disrespect to you but your always bringing things down, we just beat liverpool comfortablly in the end, we are 4 points clear united still have to play sunderland who have a very very good home record of late, have faith!!!! we will hammer wigan!!!!!

And Stoch got the second for Twente today and they won the league. Can't wait to see him back at Chelsea. What a day so far, lets hope Sunderland make it even better. :)

No disrespect to you but your always bringing things down, we just beat liverpool comfortablly in the end, we are 4 points clear united still have to play sunderland who have a very very good home record of late, have faith!!!! we will hammer wigan!!!!!

Of course ! , sorry, I am flying right now - didn't mean to put a dampner on things.

I can watch Sunderland United now with no nerves - :D

I always did think us playing 1st would be CRUCIAL today.

I wonder will SAF do a media block on his players ?

• Advertisement

_47763716_drogba_ap.jpg

:)

go on the fcukin blues!!!!!!! great result.'fxukin yes!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

well done boys and well done Kalou who has stepped up to the plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Well done lads, league in the bag.

Great result, absolutely brilliant.

Bring on the Wigan!!!

Gonna change my flights for next Sunday and book a hotel room. Haha.

So United win and take it to the final day. I'm going for a 4-0 against Wigan. :)

Wigan match means something now...

Cannot wait. Re-booked flights, changing return flight from the Sunday night, to the Monday afternoon. Booked hotel room.

Can go out on the batter like a mad yoke now on Sunday night!!!:D

I've been trying to get a ticket but nothing. :( £100 one lad wanted for it and I'm nearly tempted to pay it. :(

5 goals against Wigan and we will have scored 100 PL goals this season. ;) But I'll take a 1-0!! Not sure my heart would though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8657301.stm

also the interview with Ancellotti, why do they have to try and get them to be nervous ?

is it mind games from the Journalists to make the final day more exciting or what ?

• Advertisement

No need for panic, ffs.

Monkey, seriously. Calm it down. We're 1/33 to win the title (at least we were after the Liverpool game) and we've a final game against a team who have "nothing" to play for. The only way this could be better is if we were already champions.

Don't be so nervy.

I'm grand .
    This is what I wished for 2 weeks ago when we lost against the spuds,
    just to have the wigan game +1 pt ahead.

I got GREEDY though when I watched Sundy United, I shouldn't have watched it .

Anyway , double is well on.
    where did you see 1-33 ? .. I saw 1-16 after Pool game and now it's 1-10 .. on PP.

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea!!!!!!
    Champions Champions Champions!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Have to say lads, if (I say if coz I don't wanna jinx it :)) we win the league next week I gotta say, I would be absolutely delighted for Carlo. He is an absolute gent and for a fella who has had great success on and off the pitch he has always remained humble. Top bloke.

I'm grand .
    This is what I wished for 2 weeks ago when we lost against the spuds,
    just to have the wigan game +1 pt ahead.

I got GREEDY though when I watched Sundy United, I shouldn't have watched it .

Anyway , double is well on.
    where did you see 1-33 ? .. I saw 1-16 after Pool game and now it's 1-10 .. on PP.

They quoted 1/33 straight after the Liverpool game on Sky Sports. Obv, it's shortened as United won, but still HUGE favourites.

Oooooh... I'm all giddy and fizzy now.... Can't wait for next Sunday. Dying for it now. Won't be able to calm it down at all...

Here's hoping the Wigan players have one eye on the beach and aren't fully concentrating... not that we'll need that, but another huge home win would be a nice way to round off the season!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes to be fair lads you were the better team in the second half. And Drogba snapped up that Gerrard pass very quickly.
    To bad Aqua didn't have the same quickness of foot. Think if he had not bottled that pass in first half we might have seen a different game.

Giles Smith strikes again........

THAT GERRARD MOMENT...

Posted on: Mon 03 May 2010
    A few words, if I may, on the Steven Gerrard moment. I don't deny that it was a superb assist. To be able to spot the run of Didier Drogba, and then pick him out like that, through a crowded midfield... well, there can be no question that it takes a special kind of player, and one can see why some people continue to believe that, even on the back of what has been overall a hugely disappointing season for him, Gerrard may yet grab a place in Fabio Capello's squad for South Africa.

There's also no question that the incident has provided another small masterpiece to hang in the Chelsea gallery of great Gerrard moments, alongside the picture of him rising high above his own defence to nod home in the 2005 Carling Cup final.

And we might as well add that this single, well-judged, side-foot pass brings to an end, surely, once and for all, the tiresome old argument about whether Gerrard can play alongside Frank Lampard. Of course he can.

What I don't really see is the argument, widely proposed, that this basic error by the Liverpool captain was a 'turning point' in yesterday's match. For a match to turn, surely, it has to be going in another direction first. And unless this is a reference to the fact that, just before Gerrard's back pass, Liverpool (the home side, let's not forget) had mounted the solitary attack which took the ball into our penalty area, then I don't really get it.

To my mind, the direction of the game had already been pretty firmly established by then and Gerrard merely confirmed it. To saddle Gerrard with the embarrassment of having created a 'turning point' is to cast a slur - not on Gerrard, but on the positive and creative efforts under pressure of our entire team. Let's hear no more of it.

Mind you, yesterday's gift from Gerrard, John Arne Riise's present in the Champions League a couple of seasons ago - is there something psychological going on in Liverpool's relationship with Chelsea? 'Cockney For A Day' one of the banners said yesterday. I'm beginning to think it runs a bit deeper than that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We are the Chelsea and we are the best , we are the Chelsea so $$$$ all the rest .

We are the Chelsea and we are the best , we are the Chelsea so $$$$ all the rest .

Fúck em all!!!!
    Fúck em all!!!!

Hahaha... I love it!

DazMarz wrote: »
    Oooooh... I'm all giddy and fizzy now.... Can't wait for next Sunday. Dying for it now. Won't be able to calm it down at all...

Here's hoping the Wigan players have one eye on the beach and aren't fully concentrating... not that we'll need that, but another huge home win would be a nice way to round off the season!:D

I'm not missing this game. :( And we are having pints if I get a ticket. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement